PDA

View Full Version : Phatbox

pandayard
06-10-2005, 03:02 PM
I have a bit of a dilema. I can get my hands on a 20gig phatbox in box. Currently I have a Mark IV Golf, and its factory tape deck isn't adequate. I am debating whether to put my MP3/CD player in or get the Phatbox. My problems being that I still wouldn't have a cd player for my car, tho quite a bit of music inside. Has ANYONE had one of these Phatbox's hooked up? Are they easy to use? Does the voiced song announcement get annoying?
Any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks

pikamonk
06-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Depending on the price.. stick to a cd player IMO. I've never personally owned a harddrived based thing, i just can't see it being very easy to use... but if you have an external mp3 player you can get a headphone -> RCA wire thinger and hardwire it in... or if you have an ipod, I've seen a cable that goes from the dock port into the RCA's as well which should in theory be as close to lossless audio aside from ipod ready decks I suppose. CD players are just much more convenient IMO and you can get a decent deck for $1-200 nowadays easily.

inam
07-11-2005, 11:45 AM
that sounds pretty interesting...

brandon
07-11-2005, 11:48 AM
^^^
Somebody ban this guy, He posts useless crap without reading the thread.

Mr. Burns
07-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I have a phatbox in my Jetta and it is awesome. It can take some getting used to, but once you have the controls figured out it is a snap. I havent used a CD in my CD player in over a year since I got the Phatbox.

That said if you are technically inept, or just don't want to deal with the initial setup/learning curve. Get a CD player with MP3 capabilities. You can fit quite a few CD's onto one Mp3 CD.

Davetronz
07-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I really want a phatbox...
If you aren't going to install yours please let me know and we can discuss pricing.

Pee_Sack
07-17-2005, 08:34 PM
with the phatbox being a hard drive device there is always the chance of the hard drive failing and you loosing everything on it. They are pricey to replace also. But it's always your choice not mine.