PDA

View Full Version : Visions, Futureshop, A&B Sound etc..

AllGoNoShow
06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Anyone ever worked at any of the above or along the same lines for commision?

Wondering how the management and such is at the crowfoot locations and if the pay was any good.

403Gemini
06-11-2005, 01:07 AM
worked at futureshop in the southwest, shawnessy

management, well it fluctuates since management gets shifted around a lot. depends what department your in and how well you sell to make money. video is a lot of money if you're good and know your shit. computer department, well since they cut commission about a yr ago it started to pay like ass. better than say a 8 buck an hour job, i averaged about 15-20 dollars an hour but in the end i just got burned out from doing retail for 4 yrs and stoped caring.

i also worked at A&B sound, and ill add unless your selling car audio, you wont make to much coin.

GucciBoy
06-13-2005, 12:47 AM
A buddy of mine used to work at AB sound, it stunk he said. Dont know if its different now, but the training is 1 month - full time, 45+hours a week from 9:45-6. And Sat for 5 hours. You make only $1000 for the training period - $500 per cheque, and then after that everyone is on their own, commision ONLY! It was so bad, that 8/10 of the guys in the Home Audio/Video dept. were working for $3-5 an hour and eventually quit. Then the management was all let go, including change of ownership! The money was in personal electronics, selling the little stuff, also car audio.

googe
06-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by GucciBoy
commision ONLY! It was so bad, that 8/10 of the guys in the Home Audio/Video dept. were working for $3-5 an hour and eventually quit.

they still have to pay you minimum wage if your commission doesnt exceed it.