PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons - Movie

JC Civic
06-11-2005, 10:38 AM
SIMPSONS MOVIE A GO: After years of speculation, The Simpsons movie is finally in pre-production.

“We’ve just done the table read for The Simpsons movie. We’re actually doing it and are in production,” Nancy Cartwright, who is the voice of Bart Simpson, told BBC Radio 1 this week.

Cartwright said the movie is still in the preliminary script development stage and will take at least two years before it’s fully animated and ready for theatres.

“I don’t know the name of it, and I can’t go into details about it, and we’ll just have to see how it goes, but I think it’s going to be great and the fans are going to dig it.”

I can't wait to see it. I'm such a huge fan of the Simpsons.:)

civic_stylez
06-11-2005, 10:46 AM
yeah i read about that in the paper yesterday, its almost guaranteed to do well...is there anybody who doesnt like the simpsons?? ill totally see that one:thumbsup:

2002civic
06-11-2005, 10:51 AM
nice!

ExtremeSi
06-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Interesting, I wonder what the hell it would be about. Would it just a be a really long episode or what?

DannyO
06-11-2005, 12:33 PM
OMFG THANK YOU JEEBUS, damn I been waiting for this so long, it was years ago I heard about them possibly making one, but 2 years....its gonna be tough, I rarely goto see movies at the theater, but for this I'm gonna do my damnedest to get screener tickets or something.

http://www.hep.man.ac.uk/u/shiv/blog/images/homer40.gif

method
06-11-2005, 12:47 PM
that'll be the end of the simpsons.

I pray to god they bring back the old writers.

90awdwagovan.
06-11-2005, 01:19 PM
simpsons are selling out.

finboy
06-11-2005, 02:30 PM
if its anything like the last few seasons of the simpsons, i won't even DL it, the show hasn't had a really good episode for a LOOOOONG time.

ie
marge gets boob implants
:rolleyes:

powerslave
06-11-2005, 02:33 PM
ie
marge gets boob implants
:rolleyes: [/B]

Dude that was HAWWWT j/k

I seriously doubt the movie will be that good, just like the last few seasons haven't been that good. I'll go see it for sure when it does come out though.

Fluidic
06-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by method
that'll be the end of the simpsons.

They gotta go with a bang... right? Most people bow-down after a succesful movie -- and I'm positive that's what this movie will be -- a fucking huge success! I know I'm going to see it.

/////AMG
06-11-2005, 04:52 PM
woohoo!

Mad$ella
06-11-2005, 06:35 PM
I dunno about you guys but the newest episodes have me laughing my balls off! They keep getting better IMO.

method
06-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
I dunno about you guys but the newest episodes have me laughing my balls off! They keep getting better IMO.

Yeah well, we know you have no sense of humour.

:rofl:

Simpsons hasn't been a good show in years. They might have one or two good jokes, but nothing as solid as episodes like 'monorail' or the older treehouse of horror eps.

and of course they had to get rid of futurama, so now family guy is the only hope. american dad sucks.

BlkMaxima
06-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella

:werd: But family guy is better IMO

d-UNiT
06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
good find!

quiksilver_182
06-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Yah it would be definatly good if they bring back all the old writers. But still at least two years till its out? That's so damn long!

A_3
06-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Ah the simpsons hold a special place in my heart, I have enjoyed the new episodes but they are definetly sub-par compared to the older episodes. IMO Family Guy is just a super amped up version of the simpsons, the creators just made family guy as "on the edge" and "innapropriate" as possible, following the Simpsons format. If you remember the Simpsons had Family Guy-esque shock value when it came out, churches were claiming Bart Simpsons was the devil for his renegade ways. However as times gone on the Simpsons have became the norm and it's time Family Guy has taken the shock cartoon torch. It's pretty amusing because some Family Guy episodes are almost identical to old Simpsons episodes.

D'z Nutz
06-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Simpsons stopped being funny around 97-98. Anything after that is pretty shitty. The earlier episodes had a lot of clever jokes and stuff you had to think about before you got the punchline. Now they try too hard to make you laugh and fail at it.

JordanEG6
06-12-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
yeah i read about that in the paper yesterday, its almost guaranteed to do well...is there anybody who doesnt like the simpsons?? ill totally see that one:thumbsup:

my sisters dont like the simpsons...they are family guy heads. no doubt family guy is funny, but come on...u gotta love the simpsons. :thumbsup:

Nalgene
06-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Simpsons stopped being funny around 97-98. Anything after that is pretty shitty. The earlier episodes had a lot of clever jokes and stuff you had to think about before you got the punchline. Now they try too hard to make you laugh and fail at it.

i totally agree, it should have stepped out gracefully much like seinfeld did

asp integra
06-12-2005, 06:32 PM
they sould bring conan back to help with the writing! that would be amazing

D'z Nutz
06-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
they sould bring conan back to help with the writing! that would be amazing

It's not like he was a huge contributor. He only wrote for like 4 episodes.