PDA

View Full Version : Orite?

dt8
06-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Orite fellas? Thought i'd google for some decent canadian car forums, this came up first and it looks sweet. I'm a Brit moving from northern England to somewhere in Olds, Alberta this winter. I aint got a car yet, i aint even passed my fucking test, but i thought i might as well sign up and get to know you all a little better for when i start asking questions 'bout a car or insurance.

Cheers.:thumbsup:

CRX-R
06-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Welcome, enjoy Olds, well even 'somewhere' in Olds is still only a few blocks to choose from :D

Celica TVS3
06-12-2005, 02:14 AM
Why Olds?

FiveFreshFish
06-12-2005, 03:12 AM
Welcome to Alberta and to beyond.ca. In case you don't know where Olds is, it's less than an hour's drive north of Calgary.

BTW, the driving test here in Alberta is easy compared with the British test.

http://www1.travelalberta.com/content/maps/image/prov_trd_jan10_2003.gif

Ben
06-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the Forum and soon to be province.

This is one of the largest canadian forums out there, hopefully you'll like it here.

Cheers!

Ben

BebeAphrodite
06-12-2005, 08:05 PM
hello

dt8
06-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by CRX-R
Welcome, enjoy Olds, well even 'somewhere' in Olds is still only a few blocks to choose from :D

I dunno really, were actually moving 'cos my dad got a job with a Yanke trucking company so he dunt wanna live no more than an hour outside Calgary or something. Hell i just want to get over there.:rolleyes:

BTW, the driving test here in Alberta is easy compared with the British test.

Nice..thats the stuff i like to hear. I was under the impression you had to do some lessons, then take a written[theory] exam then a road test then drive on the road for a year with someone holding a valid license? That right?