PDA

View Full Version : Tyson is done

habsfan
06-11-2005, 09:56 PM
did anyone catch the Tyson vs. Mcbride fight? tyson did good in the first few round but after about round 3 he just died, TKO'd in the 6th round. im the post fight interviews he said he doesnt care about boxing anymore and he did this fight for the money. big surprise there considering the debt he's in. so ya this is the end of iron mike as he said he'll probably never fight again because he doesnt like it anymore. good riddance i say. opinions?

jumperman8
06-11-2005, 09:58 PM
who cares, he is a crack head anyways haha

tapout
06-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
did anyone catch the Tyson vs. Mcbride fight? tyson did good in the first few round but after about round 3 he just died, TKO'd in the 6th round. im the post fight interviews he said he doesnt care about boxing anymore and he did this fight for the money. big surprise there considering the debt he's in. so ya this is the end of iron mike as he said he'll probably never fight again because he doesnt like it anymore. good riddance i say. opinions? well he will always be remembered threw good & bad

rmk
06-11-2005, 10:14 PM
:werd: another tyson fight that sucked! he's gone all soft now after having a kid and playing with his 300 some pigeons that he has. balgh wgwegnjwengfwrnjnwr done!

dj_honda
06-11-2005, 11:32 PM
who cares about tyson now.

i cant wait for gatti / mayweather....that fights gonna fuckin kick some ass :thumbsup:

Z_Fan
06-12-2005, 12:27 AM
In reality, Tyson has been done for many many many years. He was done once he went into prison - and that was a long time ago. Tyson's career has been over for a decade IMO.

Honestly, I don't think anyone could beat Tyson in prime vs. prime fashion and the reality is that his record proves that. He beat all the best fighters of the time very easily when his reign was supreme. Prison stole Tyson's best years - which is downright scary. I watched as many Tyson fights as I could in the eighties and he was simply awesome. No one in boxing history has ever dispatched heavyweight opponents with such authority. EVER.

Heck, if you were his age and could get 5 million bucks for fighting for 20 minutes...hell, easy money right. McBride gets like $150k for beating up old Mike.

In the late 80's - no one could come close to beating Tyson. Tyson absolutely destroyed all opponents. These opponents were former champions - not lackies. Tyson would have obliterated Lennox Lewis had they been able to fight in the late 80's or early 90's. But Prison changed all that, and reality is Tyson was never the same after he got out of prison in 1995.

Bottom line is Tyson is done. The whole world knows it. But still everyone wants to watch the freak either get a quick KO from a mad power punch - or to get beat up if that fails. And frankly, Mike doesn't care - he just needs the cash and is more than willing to take advantage of a society that simply can't get enough of the freakazoid.

01RedDX
06-12-2005, 04:11 AM

tapout
06-12-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Damn, he was still one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time. It's just a shame he ended up like this, broke, alienated, and certifiable, but he will always be Iron Mike.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
-Mike Tyson :werd:

JordanEG6
06-12-2005, 10:50 AM
meh, tyson sucks and heavyweight boxing isnt as exciting as it used to be. its all about the lower weight classes now IMO. im diggin on the likes of bernard hopkins, de la hoya, mayweather and Team Jordan's own Roy Jones Jr. hahaha :thumbsup:

brettg
06-12-2005, 01:00 PM
you can say what you want about tyson now, but back in his day he was unstopable. i mean hes a total joke now, but he was the best, thats just how boxing goes u can only be the best for a short period of time cause theres always some new young guy whos tougher and quicker coming up behind you, that why i thnk boxers have such a tough time letting go, cause they wernt at the top that long. Tyson's been done for years and if he never fights again it will only be better for his career.

Weapon_R
06-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Tyson is far from done. Physically, perhaps. But he's still the BIGGEST name in boxing, even today. Do you know who has the heavyweight title right now? I don't, and I don't really care either. Tyson puts on a fantastic show, he's the man that every boxer measures himself upon, and he's still one tough mofo.

brettg
06-12-2005, 01:21 PM
i totally agree thats who people wana see, every time he boxes the stadium is packed. but i think the more he boxes the more he is going to tarnish his reputation. he was the best and just adding loss after loss just weakens his strong reputation as a fighter. i think his time in the winning circle is done, he could still fight and probably make a lot of money and entertain a lot of people but he wont be heavey weight champ or anything close to that ever again.

USHER
06-12-2005, 01:32 PM
haha that was a weak fight, if u wanted to see a real boxing match yesterday u would have watched migeul cotto, one of the rising prospects in the sport and comming from porto rico there is alot of hype around him about being good or better than tito trinidad. anways there are gonna be a few good fights this month

next week is tarver agiasnt johnson 2, and the fight i know ive been waiting for pretty boy floyd agiasnt the thunder gatti!!!:eek:

brettg
06-12-2005, 01:33 PM
that will be an awsome fight, something to watch forsure!!

Khyron
06-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Pretty interesting article on Tyson, in that he was brilliantly promoted, but an overall lousy boxer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/3683138?GT1=6555

Khyron

Z_Fan
06-12-2005, 02:32 PM
^ The article is pretty biased. But hey...that's just normal media trash talk.

Fact is, if you watched Tyson fight in the eighties - which I did at every opportunity - you know that Tyson was more than just a power puncher. He could box, he was very fast, he could move - he was feared and rightfully so. In addition, Tyson did have fights that went the distance and he prevailed. It's not like all his fights were 1 round KO's and if they went 3 he quit. LOL.

I mean, a lot of what I read nowadays comes from the perspective of someone who was born in the early eighties and just doesn't have a clue about what Tyson was in his prime, cuz they were either in diapers or dayschool when Tyson was in fact the best boxer on the planet.

badseed
06-12-2005, 02:59 PM
^^ 100% Agreed. Tyson in his prime waz unstoppable, and prison robbed him of his talent. Tyson is still my favorite boxer..........crazy mofo.

rage2
06-12-2005, 03:08 PM
I still rewatch a lot of classic Tyson fights on the ESPN Classic. For everyone that's never seen Tyson in his prime, I suggest you tune in to some of those fights.

theken
06-12-2005, 03:16 PM
tyson is still the man, but he shouldnt be boxing

01RedDX
06-12-2005, 03:51 PM

mac_82
06-12-2005, 04:08 PM
the sad thing is tyson still owes about $20 million, a lot of which is to the US government, unless he comes up with a mike tyson grille or comes up with some other way to pay off his debts he will have to keep fighting to make some cash. i think he got about 5 million for fighting mcbride, so i wont be surprised to still see him fighting.

Weapon_R
06-12-2005, 05:07 PM
"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."
- Mike Tyson

And for this reason alone, Mike Tyson will be the biggest name in boxing for years to come.

Rexxrally
06-12-2005, 07:35 PM
"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."
- Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson - One class act.............. :thumbsdow

brettg
06-13-2005, 12:34 AM
this is the exact reason why people love to watch him box, he is absolutly unpredictable, u never no wut hell do or wut hell say or where his next tat will be. he isnt one of the biggest names in boxing for no reason.

/////AMG
06-13-2005, 05:29 AM
tyson is a pimp :thumbsup:

theres a thread on your fave mike tyson quotes, search it up!

duffspec
06-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
tyson is a pimp :thumbsup:

theres a thread on your fave mike tyson quotes, search it up!

:werd:

I was wishing that he would stop boxing because his brain is to messed up. That's why he bit Holifield(sp) cause he got punched on the part of his head that triggers hunger. HAHAHAHAHAH:nut: :rofl:

2002civic
06-13-2005, 12:56 PM
i bet he'll fight again, once he realizes how broke he is he'll do something stupid liek fight again or who knows what and ppl will be dumb wnough to watch, not for theboxing for what stupid act might occur in the ring

USHER
06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
haha he tried to break the guys arm in the fight saturday it was hilarous

brownchild
06-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Most of you guys on here are bashing a legend. Tyson lost his career after his he went to prison and also when he lost the closest human being to him, which was his mentor. If anyone fought Tyson in his prime he would simply knock them out with no problems. Tyson is one of the greatest boxers of all time and noone can take that away from him. In my heart Mike Tyson is the #1 boxer of all time. He was a animal, hes just not that animal anymore he needs to get out of the ring and train young boxers. I wish he could train me.

brettg
06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
i dont no about the best cause there goes this guy named ALI, he is absolutly one of the best boxers in history, maybe even the second best of all time, but ali did some totally unbelievable stuff.
u cant take away tysons talent cause he is one of the best boxing has ever seen without a doubt.

ZorroAMG
06-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Hahahaha, legend, greatest of all time, blah blah, teach boxing? WTF the sick bastard went to PRISON. How many parents would send their kid to HIS boxing school? About as many that would send theirs to an MJ summer camp...:rofl: (too soon? :D)

brettg
06-13-2005, 09:31 PM
hahahaha, id have to agree with that, i would't be trusting my kids at his camp, but u cant take away form wut he has done over his career.

69cougar
06-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Yeah it is 2 bad that ole Iron Mike made that bad bad decision all those years ago in his prime he was one of the greats for sure but he had to fuck it up.

Oh well there will always be the next Fox Celebrity boxing to see him in again

:rofl:

Z_Fan
06-13-2005, 10:21 PM
^

I don't think Tyson made a bad decision. I think he fucked woman as he pleased - they were simply his toys - and when he was done fucking the bitch he told her to get the hell out of his room. Being the princess she was, this was likely a major shock and so she made claims that the sex wasn't consenual. I'm sure she wanted it, but I'm also sure Tyson was rough as hell and just took what he wanted and disposed of her like any piece of trash. This was his way of life.

Tyson won't be remembered as an all time great like some other excellent boxers simply because of his attitude. His run in with the law and his resulting prison term. His uncouth behaviour and outrageous verbage serve to further tarnish his reputation. For those reasons he can't even be considered to be too high on the all-time great list of boxing. But it still doesn't take away from the fact that at one time, he was an absolute destroyer and no one could survive even a few minutes in the ring with him.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in the same room with Tyson because he's completely unpredictable. Definitely would NOT want him as a trainer because he lacks the knowledge and would likely kill a less experienced boxer or perhaps chew off his ear in a fit of rage. [Or maybe just break his arm.] Either way, the guy is completely unstable and has been for a very very very long time.

danno
06-13-2005, 10:23 PM
i only watch his fights because i think he can still destroy almost anyone. if he still had the training he would.

like he said he's just doing it to pay the bills. he showed he could have knocked him out the other guy( i already forget). he just doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

back in the day he didn't have any drugs to calm him down, he had his coachs to do that. now he is all mellow from the drugs, so he doesn't go crazy. he almost did when he tried to break the guys arm. it's to bad he couldn't just knock him out

brettg
06-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by danno
i only watch his fights because i think he can still destroy almost anyone. if he still had the training he would.

like he said he's just doing it to pay the bills. he showed he could have knocked him out the other guy( i already forget). he just doesn't have the heart for it anymore.

i think that was total crap if he could have knocked that guy out he damn well would have, theres more money in winning then loosing. thats just some bullshit he made up to justify that he doesnt have it anymore. hes got no stamina, he was great in the early rounds but fell off big time. i guarantee if he could have knocked out that guy he would have been lyinh on the mat.

air_mikey
06-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by brownchild
Most of you guys on here are bashing a legend. Tyson lost his career after his he went to prison and also when he lost the closest human being to him, which was his mentor. If anyone fought Tyson in his prime he would simply knock them out with no problems. Tyson is one of the greatest boxers of all time and noone can take that away from him. In my heart Mike Tyson is the #1 boxer of all time. He was a animal, hes just not that animal anymore he needs to get out of the ring and train young boxers. I wish he could train me.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/816/

tyson in his prime

doublepostwhore
07-19-2005, 01:00 PM
http://www.compfused.com/filedl1/19smhtg/tysonknockouts.wmv

RiCE-DaDDy
07-19-2005, 02:53 PM
As good as tyson was, he is NOT a legend.

His pre-prison opponents were full of guys that were never anything and aging guys with nothing left.

His only "real" fight was against buster douglas who beat and knocked out tyson. this is the same douglas that got his ass kicked by holyfield.

His post prison.. well you all know bout that lol.
His other real fight was of course holyfield.

So hes only had 2 hard fights, both he lost.

I dont hate the man, hes got some skill, hes entertaining, but he just wasnt that good. Maybe because he never lived up to his potential or maybe he never had that much to begin with.

rage2
07-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

His pre-prison opponents were full of guys that were never anything and aging guys with nothing left.

His only "real" fight was against buster douglas who beat and knocked out tyson. this is the same douglas that got his ass kicked by holyfield.
haha man you really know nothing about boxing history. You're telling me michael spinks, larry holmes, those weren't great opponents that Tyson destroyed? Tyson friggin' unified the heavyweight titles a little over 2 years after going pro. Last person to unify the titles was Mohammed Ali.

Douglas wasn't a tough opponent. His win over tyson was one of the biggest upsets in that era of boxing.

RiCE-DaDDy
07-19-2005, 03:30 PM
larry holmes was done and spinks was never that good. Spinks only good wins were against holmes who was by then old, past his prime and distracted. spinks wasnt that good at HW

MK3HKS
07-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

His post prison.. well you all know bout that lol.
His other real fight was of course holyfield.

So hes only had 2 hard fights, both he lost.

I dont hate the man, hes got some skill, hes entertaining, but he just wasnt that good. Maybe because he never lived up to his potential or maybe he never had that much to begin with.

:rolleyes:

:rofl: ...........thats all i gotta say, tyson IS a LEGEND;)

HTN SWCHS
07-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS

:rolleyes:

:rofl: ...........thats all i gotta say, tyson IS a LEGEND;)

+2

TheBenzo
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
" I could Masturbate in the Saddldome"

-Me