PDA

View Full Version : Next Project

max_boost
06-11-2005, 10:48 PM
I've been thinking about my next project quite a bit and I would like to hear some of your opinions. After factoring in everything from maintenance, reliability, performance, looks, and price, I'm considering going back to Honda. First it was the Prelude, then the S2K, only appropriate that now I give eye to the NSX.

I'm aiming for 02+front end design so I have two options:

Buy a used NSX around $45K and let the project begin. Wheels, suspension, repaint, new front end, etc. I have no idea what NSX parts retail for but this isn't going to be cheap and I'm prepared for that.

Or forget about the above and just wait for an 02 to drop a bit in price and hop into that.

This is a car I want to keep for the next XX years and it will not be daily driven and won't see any rain or snow or gravel.

On one hand it would be an actual project by rebuilding the car and would be easier on the wallet as it'll take a bit of time to complete vs just pulling out the $$$/applying for a loan to help cover financing. Ahhh stupid cars. :tongue:

3G
06-11-2005, 10:53 PM
get a 93ish NSX, sexy cars :bigpimp:

shakalaka
06-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Thats a damn good idea man. Would be an amazing project if you are able to pull it off. I say go for it, if you can wait longer then get the 02 when it drops the price and then do all the moddings you want. If you cant wait, and you got the dough then I'd say go for it.

Redlyne_mr2
06-12-2005, 02:14 AM
How low do you want the 02 to drop? Look at how long the 91s have taken to drop. I think it basically comes down to time with you. I am finding it more and more difficult to find time to work on my cars and sometimes I wish I just had a nice fairly stock sports car that I could enjoy whenever I want. Keep in mind NSX parts are not cheap at all will really take a chunk out of your wallet. On the other hand the older NSXs are not depreciating like the newer ones so the an older one might be a better for affordable investement.

FiveFreshFish
06-12-2005, 03:03 AM
JDM NSXs can soon be imported here. That might cause the prices of earlier Canadian models to drop a bit.

max_boost
06-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
How low do you want the 02 to drop? Look at how long the 91s have taken to drop. I think it basically comes down to time with you. I am finding it more and more difficult to find time to work on my cars and sometimes I wish I just had a nice fairly stock sports car that I could enjoy whenever I want. Keep in mind NSX parts are not cheap at all will really take a chunk out of your wallet. On the other hand the older NSXs are not depreciating like the newer ones so the an older one might be a better for affordable investement.

I'm willing to spend $90K. After talking to my insurance agent tonight with regards to modifications, he basically just told me to go for the 02 and forget about modding the 91. I'm already fairly busy as is, not sure if adding such a project would work out for me. I'll probably go insane if certain aspects of the project don't go as planned. I feel a bit like a bench car buyer as I don't plan to buy this car for another 6 months to a year but I'm really serious about it however.