PDA

View Full Version : Went to Tunerworks today...

2.2vtec
01-18-2003, 07:02 PM
I went in to get a price on kyb abx and ground controls and they told me it would be 1400!! When I priced them out it's almost 200 a corner for the kyb when honda quoted me 155. It would have been over 1600 with install. I thought tunerworks offered better prices then that.

buh_buh
01-18-2003, 07:13 PM
that's about right.
May as well spend the extra and go with Koni Yellows and Ground Controls.

2.2vtec
01-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Why did honda offer me a cheaper price? Same shock but different price

buh_buh
01-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Honda sells KYB shocks?

2.2vtec
01-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
Honda sells KYB shocks?

Yep:thumbsup:

buh_buh
01-18-2003, 07:30 PM
make sure its the same ones. Because Tunerworks typically gives pretty good prices.

Hollywood
01-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I went in to get a price on kyb abx and ground controls and they told me it would be 1400!! When I priced them out it's almost 200 a corner for the kyb when honda quoted me 155. It would have been over 1600 with install. I thought tunerworks offered better prices then that.

May be it's because you got the "Joe Nobody" price.

2.2vtec
01-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood

May be it's because you got the "Joe Nobody" price.

Maybe you can get me the "Joe Somebody" price

Hollywood
01-19-2003, 02:49 AM

Maybe you can get me the "Joe Somebody" price

Not me....I'm not a tuner works shopper. One of the sales guys pissed me off there, so I have no reason to go back.

B18C
01-19-2003, 03:06 AM
That's weird. I'd make sure they are the same shock first of all. Then I'd price out some koni yellows.

shadowz
01-19-2003, 03:43 AM
MAke sure theyre the same shock theres an adjustable and a nonadjustable shock

Weapon_R
01-19-2003, 06:51 AM
Too bad you have to be a "Joe Somebody" to get a decent price from them eh?

Tuner1
01-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Why did honda offer me a cheaper price? Same shock but different price

Hmmm, sounds fishy :nut: Maybe give us a call on Monday to clear it up. I'll make sure you get an accurate, and good, quote :thumbsup:

Rob

4wheeldrift
01-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Rob got me a very good price on AGXs. Too bad they're still sitting in his shop because I haven't had the money to pick them up yet :(

Hollywood
01-19-2003, 11:40 AM

Do you know which guy quoted you that at TW?

Hollywood
01-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Too bad you have to be a "Joe Somebody" to get a decent price from them eh?

Well it's like most shops. If your loyal, you prices are better. But if your new and unrecognized I find that that's when some salesperson tries to get the little bit more money out of you, thus an expensive price. It's common for shops to do this.

90_Shelby
01-19-2003, 12:19 PM
2.2 Vtec

Rather then posting on a public forum about a price difference, why didn't you phone Tunerworks and ask them to match the price?

Tuner1
01-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Rob got me a very good price on AGXs. Too bad they're still sitting in his shop because I haven't had the money to pick them up yet :(

Ha,ha, no worries :tongue: I've still got a set for you!

Rob - looking forward to Solo I & II in 2003

4wheeldrift
01-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by E36S50B32

Ha,ha, no worries :tongue: I've still got a set for you!

Rob - looking forward to Solo I & II in 2003 I'lkl be by in a month or so for them, because my stock struts are BLOWN. 2 years of competition use will do that to ya :D

Hollywood
01-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
2.2 Vtec

Rather then posting on a public forum about a price difference, why didn't you phone Tunerworks and ask them to match the price?

Exactly! Or why post about at all? Just go buy them from Honda then.

2.2vtec
01-19-2003, 02:18 PM

Exactly! Or why post about at all? Just go buy them from Honda then.

Well that's what I'll probably do. I just thought I would share my experience with Tunerworks. Alot of people on this forum suggested that Tunerworks is a great place to shop with good prices. I just wanted to share my experience with them.

Tuner1
01-20-2003, 12:35 PM
I just got to the bottom of it by checking what the salesperson quoted. The price quoted was about $1230 for the KYB AGXs with Ground Contol adjustable coil-overs. I think that price is very fair and we have all the parts in stock :) Hope this clears things up. Come in today and I'll do it for $1200 :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Rob

Sky
01-20-2003, 01:48 PM
I just got to the bottom of it by checking what the salesperson quoted. The price quoted was about $1230 for the KYB AGXs with Ground Contol adjustable coil-overs. I think that price is very fair and we have all the parts in stock :) Hope this clears things up. Come in today and I'll do it for $1200 :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Rob

Hey I'm the 94 Accord guy... Can get just the 4 KYB AGX with a sweet deal?? :thumbsup:

midship
01-20-2003, 02:15 PM
I got a quote from Rob too and they do have very competitive price :) I just haven't make up my mind of what to get from him yet.

Rob - have you got a quote for my swaybars yet?? :zzz:

2.2vtec
01-20-2003, 07:13 PM

Thanks,
Rob

Not bring anything up again but I have the quote infront of me and it came to 1308 without gst. He never quoted me 1230.
But for 1200 that sounds fair.

EnRich
01-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Hey Rob... My name is RICH... I should be coming in to buy alot of stuff off you... REM my name cause I'm spending alot of money... I've got 2 other prices from two other places... I need your BEST prices on....
- KONI YELLOWS
- H&R SPORT SPRINGS (02 Accord EX-L Sedan) [I keep hearing differant stories, how much exactly will it lower, front and rear?]
- All new exhaust
- New speakers for the whole car....
Anyways I will be coming in soon so... I'll be posting all quotes and where I got em so make em good ; )

RICH

Hollywood
01-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by EnRich
Hey Rob... My name is RICH... I should be coming in to buy alot of stuff off you... REM my name cause I'm spending alot of money... I've got 2 other prices from two other places... I need your BEST prices on....
- KONI YELLOWS
- H&R SPORT SPRINGS (02 Accord EX-L Sedan) [I keep hearing differant stories, how much exactly will it lower, front and rear?]
- All new exhaust
- New speakers for the whole car....
Anyways I will be coming in soon so... I'll be posting all quotes and where I got em so make em good ; )

RICH

(A). Knowing how the business is that is one of the most used lines, "give me a deal I'm gonna buy losta stuff", then you take that same quote to other places and say , Tunerworks quoted me this can you beat it?Then you buy off his competitors instead. Etc....Mean while Rob spent 2 hours getting the prices for you.

(B). What your asking is not a lot of stuff, ie: not spending a lot of money's worth.

(C). Why are you posting this SHIT! CALL HIM!! Or go to the store!

Hey Rob... My name is RICH... I should be coming in to buy alot of stuff off you... REM my name cause I'm spending alot of money...
RICH

Man O man. After this post we will all remember your name. :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry for being a dick but this stuff bugs me.
:banghead:

rx7_turbo2
01-21-2003, 12:42 AM

(A). Knowing how the business is that is one of the most used lines, "give me a deal I'm gonna buy losta stuff", then you take that same quote to other places and say , Tunerworks quoted me this can you beat it?Then you buy off his competitors instead. Etc....Mean while Rob spent 2 hours getting the prices for you.

(B). What your asking is not a lot of stuff, ie: not spending a lot of money's worth.

Man O man. After this post we will all remember your name. :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry for being a dick but this stuff bugs me.

I totally agree.

That is not that much stuff to begin with, not only that it's for an Accord, it's the ussual stuff. Perhaps if it was a complete turbo kit someone might take notice. In addition shops like tuner works have thousands of people drop by and claim they are going to spend big bucks, very few ever follow through with their promise, ussually because they run out of cash half way through.

I just think you went about this all wrong, if I was tuner works I would sacrifice the relatively small amount of money you represent just so I would not have to deal with you.

Cheers

shadowz
01-21-2003, 01:48 AM

Ya this happens a lot to me too but you cant help it

buh_buh
01-21-2003, 01:51 AM
Yea I'm gonna agree with what Hollywood said.
That is NOT that much money your spending there, and Rob WILL spend a lot of time pricing that stuff out for you, and there is a possibility that you will just go somewhere else.

I think it would also be better for you to just go in there and talk to them in person.

ninjak84
01-21-2003, 01:55 AM
Find one place, and stick with it.
Don't go around saying what people quoted you for what either, it's pretty rude. I don't tell anyone what I paid for anything. If you're really happy with something, just tell anyone that asks "I got it from this place, and the service was amazing."

Even if you're like me, and you don't spend alot at a time, it's still fairly rude.

max_boost
01-21-2003, 01:55 AM
If you want shops to treat you in a professional way, do your part and treat them in a professional way. I honestly don't think shops really appreciate the fact that you call around to every single shop, asking for prices, then posting them up on the net and expect all the shops to go through a bidding war for your business.

Superesc
01-21-2003, 01:57 AM
But for 1200 that sounds fair.

... emmm maybe its just me, but that sounds More then fair to me... :dunno:

max_boost
01-21-2003, 02:01 AM
And not to knock on your Enrich.....but that is not alot of money you are spending....they have customers that have dumped 10 times as much

And say you save $50 or maybe more, is it really that imporant? Does service matter? Does on time delivery matter? I have purchased major parts from various import shops and all I have to say is, have faith in who you are dealing with. If things don't work out, move on to another company that you are comfortable dealing with......

The lowest price isn't everything

Redlyne_mr2
01-21-2003, 02:40 AM
I have yet to deal with tunerworks however I will be in shortly to order a set of sparco shoes.. I really dont care if I get the "Joe nobody price" because I know that I'll be getting the "Joe somebody service" which is a hell of alot more important...

Ben
01-21-2003, 02:57 AM

THANKYOU!!!

Originally posted by ninjak84
Find one place, and stick with it.
Don't go around saying what people quoted you for what either, it's pretty rude. I don't tell anyone what I paid for anything. If you're really happy with something, just tell anyone that asks "I got it from this place, and the service was amazing."

Even if you're like me, and you don't spend alot at a time, it's still fairly rude.
THANKYOU!!!

Originally posted by max_boost
If you want shops to treat you in a professional way, do your part and treat them in a professional way. I honestly don't think shops really appreciate the fact that you call around to every single shop, asking for prices, then posting them up on the net and expect all the shops to go through a bidding war for your business.
THANKYOU!!!

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I have yet to deal with tunerworks however I will be in shortly to order a set of sparco shoes.. I really dont care if I get the "Joe nobody price" because I know that I'll be getting the "Joe somebody service" which is a hell of alot more important...
THANKYOU!!!

Far too much of this bullshit flying around all over the place...Nickle and diming every place to death is horseshit...sure the market is competitive, but damn, these tunershops DONT HAVE the markup alot of the clowns on this forum think they do, as well as some shops get better cost from some companies than others do!

For example, Shop A may have a cost of 500 bucks on MOMO Street Racer Seats, and Shop B may have a cost of 600 on MOMO Street Racer Seats, but Shop B may have a cost of 700 On H&R Cup Kits and Shop A may have a cost of 800, so going shop to shop picking and peicing everything together is going to be havoc for both you and the shop owners. Where is the motivation to give you a smokin deal if your gonna walk and get it for like 20 bucks less on a thousand dollar order. If you are loyal, the shops will look after you, and as redlyne_MR2 Stated, I'm willing to spend a bit extra when a shop looks after you well, cause I know they will look after me in the future...You want factory order prices, then do a factory order on them...what, your not a tunershop and dont have access to those rates cause you are not a registered distributer, awww, then STFU...:rolleyes: Last I heard Calgarys tunershops are not the Salivation Army...

EnRich
01-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Turner works isn't about the service buddy... Its not like their installing this shit for me... I'm not going to take my new car to some joe blows shop either... I dont mind spending more money when I know the shop is gonna do quality work the first time without having me take it back to em, which would cost me more money in the long run if i have to keep taking it back... I'm having T&T honda install everything I buy... Turner works is just about ordering this shit for me at a good price... I've been quoted $225x4 for those Koni Yellows and turner works quotes 1200 for the set... The differance isn't $50 bucks boys... Its $300 just for those shocks alone... And this is just for ordering em for me... So your damn right I'm going to go to the place that quotes me the best price... I'm not gonna pay more just cause I'm ordering from an import place... And whats this about not spending lots of money.... That makes me kinda angry, I'm spending $1000 +install on shocks.... H&R springs are another $600 installed, I've bought new 17" wheels and tires that were $2000, another $900 at least for the speakers I wanted with the amps, and I just bought a actual Radar Jammer plus I need exhaust... Btw I paid cash for the Accord which was another $29,000 not even 9 months ago... PLease dont even try talking down to me for comparing prices... Cause I aint paying more for the same parts esp since their not even installed... Thats a pretty big commision that guys gonna be making on rough $3000 grand... Seriously whats wrong with you guys for talking down to me for comparing.... Seriously... BTW I aint some fucking fag I aint comparing anymore... He quotes lower or he doesnt... And guys all other prices are coming from MOPAC on 16th AVE... That aint no cheap shop...

RICH

Hollywood
01-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

This above is key.

For a second there I was thinking that my post might get deleted, But it's nice to see that people are agreeing with me.

This isn't ebay, no biding wars on the internet here....these shops are all minutes away from your house!

buh_buh
01-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Turner works isn't about the service buddy... Its not like their installing this shit for me... I'm not going to take my new car to some joe blows shop either... I dont mind spending more money when I know the shop is gonna do quality work the first time without having me take it back to em, which would cost me more money in the long run if i have to keep taking it back... I'm having T&T honda install everything I buy... Turner works is just about ordering this shit for me at a good price... I've been quoted $225x4 for those Koni Yellows and turner works quotes 1200 for the set... The differance isn't $50 bucks boys... Its $300 just for those shocks alone... And this is just for ordering em for me... So your damn right I'm going to go to the place that quotes me the best price... I'm not gonna pay more just cause I'm ordering from an import place... And whats this about not spending lots of money.... That makes me kinda angry, I'm spending $1000 +install on shocks.... H&R springs are another $600 installed, I've bought new 17" wheels and tires that were $2000, another $900 at least for the speakers I wanted with the amps, and I just bought a actual Radar Jammer plus I need exhaust... Btw I paid cash for the Accord which was another $29,000 not even 9 months ago... PLease dont even try talking down to me for comparing prices... Cause I aint paying more for the same parts esp since their not even installed... Thats a pretty big commision that guys gonna be making on rough $3000 grand... Seriously whats wrong with you guys for talking down to me for comparing.... Seriously... BTW I aint some fucking fag I aint comparing anymore... He quotes lower or he doesnt... And guys all other prices are coming from MOPAC on 16th AVE... That aint no cheap shop...

RICH
your my hero high rollah.

Ernie
01-21-2003, 12:25 PM
I love it how everyone picks apart a new member just because he doesnt know the "online protocol" of asking for quotes. Give the guy a break. He comes on here asking for prices. I cant see it being too difficult for the tunerworks guy to PM him with a quote and the details. All this shit about tunerworks losing money by enrich asking for the best deal is as true as chinese people having big dicks. And we all know how true that is :rolleyes:

Tunerworks would not sell anything if they were losing money. Thats the bottom line. So give the guy a break and let him ask what he wants.

G
01-21-2003, 12:27 PM

RICH

enrich

\En*rich"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Enriched; p. pr. & vb. n. Enriching.] [F. enrichir; pref. en- (L. in) + riche rich. See Rich.]

To make rich with manure; to fertilize; -- said of the soil; as, to enrich land by irrigation.

rage2
01-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Everyone (including EnRich) has good points, but this argument is pointless... :D