PDA

View Full Version : Fish Seizures!!!!!HELP

BlkMaxima
06-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Ok, I finally bought an aquarium, its a 29 gal. I also bought 6 African Cichlids, they are juvies, the one that appears to be the dominant one is weird, Usually in the morning he will swim around with the other fish quickly but when they stop every so often he will pause near the bottom and it looks like he is having a seizure? He twitches like crazy for a couple seconds, then he continues swimming with the other fish.

WTF is wrong with him, is he retarded or something???????????????????????

unfocus
06-12-2005, 11:01 PM
hahahah holy shiet never knew fish coudl get seizures... sorry about ur luck buddy
why dont u record it and show us ...

BlkMaxima
06-12-2005, 11:02 PM
No cam but your welcome to record it lol

Kobe
06-12-2005, 11:02 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHHAHA

samo147
06-12-2005, 11:06 PM
is he like brushing up against the bottom or other rocks and stuff

i think that maybe the mating thing if its the dominate male
or it might be seizures i dont know

BlkMaxima
06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
LOL he does that too but thats not what Im worried about:nut:

Heres what he looks like if that helps?
http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/zezza/pseud_21.jpg

loweg
06-12-2005, 11:17 PM
HE is new,

so there is a possibility that he may have parasites. Ich, a common parasite is caused by stress and may be your culprit.

Upon inspection of the picture he looks fine. Since he is a pseudotropheus sp. (zebra) he may be doing that for dominance, or to show his dominance to the others. This is common in many of the cichlids from lake malawi and some of the ones from lake tanganyika. He should be fine, just look out for little white "salt-like" spots that could be parasites (but I doubt you will see them)

loweg

BlkMaxima
06-13-2005, 12:03 AM
So hes not retarded then??:confused:

Kobe
06-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
So hes not retarded then??:confused:

hahah what, do you want him to be retarded or something? lol

accord823
06-13-2005, 12:08 AM
looks fine to me
just keep an eye on him :D

BlkMaxima
06-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

hahah what, do you want him to be retarded or something? lol

Yes cause then I can tell all my friends how great it is having a retarded fish! lol

No I don't want him to be retarded, I want to know if he is because then I'm gonna take him back to where I bought him and get another one that hopefully isnt retarded!:D

BerserkerCatSplat
06-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Hahaha, I can imagine you walking into the pet store:

"Hi, I'd like to return this fish."

"OK, why? It's not dead."

"Well, you see, it's retarded."

"....................."

"Uh, yeah. Retarded. Slow. Mentally Handicapped."

"Really."

"Yeah. You know, seziures, that sort of thing. Hell, if a fish could drool on itself, this one would do it."

"............I'll let you talk to the manager."

Kobe
06-13-2005, 01:20 AM
haha, i dunno why i find this so funny.. anyways new sig

haha

googe
06-13-2005, 01:49 AM
hahahaha thats hilarious

never seen somebody worried that they might have bought a retarded fish

duffspec
06-13-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by loweg
HE is new,

so there is a possibility that he may have parasites. Ich, a common parasite is caused by stress and may be your culprit.

Upon inspection of the picture he looks fine. Since he is a pseudotropheus sp. (zebra) he may be doing that for dominance, or to show his dominance to the others. This is common in many of the cichlids from lake malawi and some of the ones from lake tanganyika. He should be fine, just look out for little white "salt-like" spots that could be parasites (but I doubt you will see them)

loweg

Loweg is right. I would go to the pet store and get some treatment for the water. Ich wiped out my tank once.

jdmakkord
06-13-2005, 07:54 AM
Does he shake, then chase the other fish? If so, it is just what they do when they are agressive, and showing off.

AllGoNoShow
06-13-2005, 08:26 AM
I know when I looked into it got my tank, if you got to much Ammonia in the water it makes them really skitish and wierd.

This thread is to funny :)

Lo)2enz0
06-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Does he shake, then chase the other fish? If so, it is just what they do when they are agressive, and showing off.

damn it, beat me to it. But from the sounds of it he is just being dominate. Don't worry about him unless he is having problems staying balanced.

Rufus``
06-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

"Yeah. You know, seziures, that sort of thing. Hell, if a fish could drool on itself, this one would do it."

"............I'll let you talk to the manager."

hahahahahha thats some funny shit. someone should do that.:tongue:

BlkMaxima
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

LOL That is what he is doing, I went to big als today and asked about it and one of there fish was doing the same thing, they said he is just being dominant.

Maybe I should buy him a whip or something lol :thumbsup:

Phy
06-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

damn it, beat me to it. But from the sounds of it he is just being dominate. Don't worry about him unless he is having problems staying balanced.

Rift lake cichlids. "Balanced." Funny. :D

kbo
06-13-2005, 11:12 PM
i think its trying to make a hole so he can hide/chill in there...African Cichlids tend to do dig alot...

BlkMaxima
06-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Ok appently its called flashing, he shakes and twitches to show off his colors for the females, lol they like the bright colors, I guess he is saying he just wants to fuck them! i like this fish already lol:nut: