PDA

View Full Version : Shaw career fair

Tyler883
06-13-2005, 12:37 PM
I drove by the Shaw building in the NE yesterday and saw a 'career fair' sign out front.

Does anyone know what this is about?

Are they doing a big expansion or something?

P. Daddy Pedro
07-09-2005, 09:22 AM
I work at Shaw, it' on the spot interviews. They have a representative from every department, and they do on the spot interviews. If you have good people skills and/or some post secondary education I would highly recommend coming down, this is an awsome company to work for. Best job i've ever had.

eblend
07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
they had one of these just like a month ago, i applied there it went as far as asking my previous employers for references and all that, but they were not available at the time so they called back and shaw never responded so in my books shaw sucks as they don't even follow up on references that they themselves have contacted but who happened not to be there at the moment. I got employment elsewhere since and it sure beats doing tech support for shaw. A buddy here at work used to work for shaw as well and he doesn't have too many positive things to say about them. But yah its just like a little thing, u go there and they just shamelessly promote their company and their services and then just interview you. If you want to go to tech support you go though a little quiz and if you pass the quiz you get an instant interview

broken_legs
07-09-2005, 03:12 PM
They have a career fair almost every month

Makes you wonder

FYI:
I know a few people who still work at Shaw. I know a lot more People who have quit working there.

2.0turbo
07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
When is this taking place?

broken_legs
07-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
When is this taking place?

They alwasy happen on saturdays

Im guessing you just missed it

gggunit
07-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by P. Daddy Pedro
I work at Shaw, it' on the spot interviews. They have a representative from every department, and they do on the spot interviews. If you have good people skills and/or some post secondary education I would highly recommend coming down, this is an awsome company to work for. Best job i've ever had.

Tell me your joking! that place sucks... morale is low so people keep leaving and they need other people to fill there places .. they dont treat you really well.. its difficult to get them to give you a reference they ask 100 questions.. its good if you need to get your foot in the door for IT work as a TSR or Installer and the people you work with are cool the management blows goats

broken_legs
07-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by gggunit

Tell me your joking! that place sucks... morale is low so people keep leaving and they need other people to fill there places .. they dont treat you really well.. its difficult to get them to give you a reference they ask 100 questions.. its good if you need to get your foot in the door for IT work as a TSR or Installer and the people you work with are cool the management blows goats

Thats what I heard from more than a few people.