PDA

View Full Version : Who will come take my car away?

Weapon_R
06-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I am looking for a place to come and take my car away for me. Its a 1985 bmw 318i with tons of good parts still available (engine, dash, steering wheel, console, body parts, etc) and all are in decent condition (engine is still running great).

Who will come and tow it away? The Kidney Foundation is an option, but i've heard that it needs to have all 4 wheels (one of the wheels on mine is gone because we needed the strut mount). Any other options?

b_t
06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
it'll be easy to get an extra rim to fit on it... just get a steely and hammer it on. it doesn't even really need to be straight, they just need the wheels to pull it onto the truck. the guy who came and picked up my car had a flatbed and he said that's why they need four wheels so they can pull it onto the truck, if they use a regular tow truck then you might actually need a real rim that fits properly.

CRX-R
06-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I called the kidney foundation and they wouldn't come with out the wheels, unfortunately for me that meant I would've had to put a suspension in it too, so we dragged it out into the alley and pushed it up onto a flat bed... Oh what a day that was :D

CRX-R
06-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by b_t
it'll be easy to get an extra rim to fit on it... just get a steely and hammer it on. it doesn't even really need to be straight, they just need the wheels to pull it onto the truck. the guy who came and picked up my car had a flatbed and he said that's why they need four wheels so they can pull it onto the truck, if they use a regular tow truck then you might actually need a real rim that fits properly.

Technically if you call a tow truck, you only NEED two wheels

Weapon_R
06-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by b_t

The strut tower mount is off, so I don't feel like putting it back together for someone to come and get it. I'd prefer someone with a flatbed to drag it on and drive away with it.