PDA

View Full Version : My muffler fell off...

BrandonG
06-13-2005, 08:48 PM
okay, the story is I was cruising downtown today during my lunch hour (I am just a student), and then I went to a friend's house and such and got home and noticed that my muffler was missing...I had a fatboy muffler on a 1990 Honda Civic SI (haha, I know, my brother put it on then sold it to me cheap) anyway, I lost it and don't exactly have the money to get a new muffler. What I was wondering is, is straight piping illegal in Canada? My brother had already put a straight pipe to the muffler tip (there was a hole in the original one so he got sick of it and put on some insanely thick pipe) and I was wondering if I could just put an extension on that pipe so that the exhaust goes out from under it to make it more legal. It really isn't any more loud than the fatboy and I have never been pulled over because of it, it is just a deeper growl...think I could get away with it? And please don't get TOO technical, I am pretty unknowledgeable when it comes to cars

Nissanaddict
06-13-2005, 08:56 PM
In AB you can have it straight piped (ie. no catalytic convertor) at least I THINK so....my car passed out of province without one, so I'm rather confident that's not an issue. Otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about. It's probably me though, I'm just tired.

CRX-R
06-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Don't do it, it'll be loud as all hell and sound like ass. just buy a cheap muffler from crappy tire, atleast that'll make it sound a little better

BrandonG
06-13-2005, 09:00 PM
well it actually doesn't sound bad right now with the mufler tip gone...it sounds like a fatboy but a bit deeper instead of a whiney japanese sound

88CRX
06-13-2005, 09:02 PM
how the hell did you not notice that your exhaust got ripped off....... didnt you notice it get loud as all hell :dunno: :D

69cougar
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
You could get 2 tickets.

One under the TSA for missing required equipment
one under noise bylaw for excessive noise.

Go to pick your part and get a cheapie and get it on shouldn't cost you that much

BrandonG
06-14-2005, 02:07 PM
well, good news...I found it today in the school parking lot, haha, so I guess I will just re-attach it...but about not knowing, it was pouring rain and even without it it sounds pretty much the same...just a bit deeper (don't ask me why)

Jaxx
06-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Or option number 3, put on a normal muffler because the one you have on there is most likely annoying and giving you 3 hp.....

icydude666
06-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by BrandonG
well it actually doesn't sound bad right now with the mufler tip gone...it sounds like a fatboy but a bit deeper instead of a whiney japanese sound

wait was it just the tip?

BrandonG
06-15-2005, 05:55 AM
tips and muffler, sorry for the confusion, like I said, I don't know much about cars