PDA

View Full Version : Problem with amp

Ajay
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I have an Alpine F340 amp running a set of 6.5" Infinity's in the front and a set of 6x9 Infinity's in the rear. Driving home from work today I noticed that I wasn't getting any bass from what I thought all the speakers but it turns out it's only the front left and rear left speakers that aren't pushing out any bass. The front right and rear right are fine and they sound as good as they always dide. What might be the problem? Could it simply be a loose wire connected to my amp or is the left channel on my amp screwed? If that's the case I'm ripping everything outta my car cause I've had SOOOO many problems with this car audio stuff.

I haven't had a chance to look at it cause it's dark now and I just got home from work. Any insights would be appreciated.

Weapon_R
06-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Are the front left and rear left speakers connected to the same channel? Its unlikely both wires came loose at the exact same time, more than likely your amplifer blew a channel.

Ajay
06-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Great....that sounds just perfect. I'm guessing there's absolutely no way to fix this as well either? Could it just be a fuse?

Ajay
06-14-2005, 03:42 PM
So it's not my amp cause I removed my front left speaker and it was just simply a connection problem with that one but with the rear speaker no such luck. I'm using Infinity 692.5's in the back and they have their own crossover so could I not be getting any bass from the speakers due to a problem with the crossover or could it be the speaker itself?

soupey
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
if it just happened randomly to BOTH speakers on one channel, sounds like ur amp might have pooped out on one channel...u say that one of em is working now tho...so maybe the wire for the other one is loose too...., if thats the case thent eh crossover has nothing to do wit it....

i say u take each speaker out and test each one individually too jus to make sure they arent blown...u can also check to see if the seperate channels on your amp are working properly too...