PDA

View Full Version : Oldest piece of furniture in your house

nismodrifter
06-14-2005, 02:51 AM
What is the oldest piece of furniture in your house and how old is it?

I think those wood TV things from the 80s with speakers on the sides will own this thread...but lets see what happens :D

/////AMG
06-14-2005, 07:13 AM
ummm...current rented place is their sofas, they also have those old shaggy carpet ont he main floor, it also stinks!

house we're moving too with our furniture umm probably these small brown chairs we've had for like 15+ years everything else is kinda new.

duffspec
06-14-2005, 07:53 AM
The toilet got my vote! :thumbsup:

Impreza
06-14-2005, 08:14 AM
My house is like 60years old!

civic_stylez
06-14-2005, 08:15 AM
we have some bookshelves in our basement that have that lovely wood laminate sticker finish on it...they are pure ghetto but weve had them forever, i think my parents bought them at jesus' last garage sale.

EK 2.0
06-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
What is the oldest piece of furniture in your house and how old is it?

I think those wood TV things from the 80s with speakers on the sides will own this thread...but lets see what happens :D

the table in our kitchen...its the first table my parents bought back when they were still FOBS's...goin on 23 years now for that lil table

e_racer
06-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah I have a coffee table that my parents got before I was born. (over 23yrs old). The lil sis broke the glass top and he still didn't get rid of it. He just got a new top.

JAYMEZ
06-14-2005, 08:58 AM
We have wood furniture that is about 200 years old from England. and some China from mid 1800s

5hift
06-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

the table in our kitchen...its the first table my parents bought back when they were still FOBS's...goin on 23 years now for that lil table

Lol I think its a brown thing. I noticed that with my parents and with a lot of other of our family friends... It doesnt matter how big the house you move into is, or how big your bank accounts get , that kitchen table from the poor days never gets replaced.

logix
06-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by e_racer
Yeah I have a coffee table that my parents got before I was born. (over 23yrs old). The lil sis broke the glass top and he still didn't get rid of it. He just got a new top.

wow, exactly what happened to mine hahah
my coffee table has been around before i was born too, and my sister also broke the glass top, in which my dad replaced the top :)

Chester
06-14-2005, 09:15 AM
A record player that is basically a huge table and it has the speakers and everything built in

abyss
06-14-2005, 09:41 AM
We just moved into our first house a year ago, so the oldest piece is either the spare bedroom bed or bedroom set. The bedroom set is from around 40 years ago, not too old though as far as furniture is concerned.

Shaolin
06-14-2005, 10:13 AM
we have a rotary phone from HK.. and also an old manual singer sewing machine with the foot pedals.. that's about it..

iceburns288
06-14-2005, 11:28 AM
My dad bought an old wooden phone booth two days ago... not sure how old it is, but we're gonna put it in our new house and do somethin with it:dunno:

ecstasy_civic
06-14-2005, 11:33 AM
We have an old dining room set from 1917, its from my great grandparents.

Other then that, id say nothing older then 3yrs, whenever we move, we get ALL new furniture lol

Despair*
06-14-2005, 12:15 PM
A old school 20" Hitachi Tv bought in the early 90's. Amazingly this thing still works fine and will just not die. Don't think they quite make electronics like they used to.

Ajay
06-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Khali

Lol I think its a brown thing. I noticed that with my parents and with a lot of other of our family friends... It doesnt matter how big the house you move into is, or how big your bank accounts get , that kitchen table from the poor days never gets replaced.

:werd:

My parents still have a coffee table, end tables, a sofa, and chair from before I was born. All are still in pretty good shape except the sofa and chair cushions having a few minor tears in them.

Hakkola
06-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Hahaha, yeah, we're just getting a new kitchen done now, we're not brown, just "brown washed" haha. I think we have the original microwave, with the orange and grey buttons, it sucks.

We have lots of antique furniture, some of it is REALLY old.

Ajay
06-14-2005, 02:11 PM
We used to have one of those old school microwaves. It was so big you could literally microwave a turkey in it. It wasn't even a brand like GE it was actually made by the Brick! It even had a rotary control to set the amount of time you needed.....think it was probably the first microwave ever made!

My parents got rid of it only about 5 years ago before they moved to Calgary.

Phy
06-14-2005, 02:26 PM
My end-tables are probably older than me - the folks gave them to me when I moved out.

b_t
06-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
A old school 20" Hitachi Tv bought in the early 90's. Amazingly this thing still works fine and will just not die. Don't think they quite make electronics like they used to.

:werd: !!!
we have a Hitachi from the early 1980s, the big one that sets on your floor with the mono speaker on it.. the screen is a WHOPPING 27"! we don't even have to hit it or anything to get a picture, it works completely perfectly fine.. and I've had buddies with five year old TVs that are broken already.

HRD2PLZ
06-15-2005, 10:26 AM
We have a whole bunch of antiques ranging in various ages. The oldest piece of furniture is probably a China cabinet from England circa 1900's. We have a super old chest, but I wouldn't really consider it furniture.

ZorroAMG
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Ummm....my couch...circa 2002..LOL

Marsh
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Stereo/Record player from 1982

BerserkerCatSplat
06-15-2005, 01:32 PM
The office chair I'm sitting in right now was made in 1969!

el_fefes
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
My dad has a chair that was supposedly made in the 1800s in Colombia, the original color was golden, then painted black, and now it's burgundy. It's in pretty good condition too.

Chiggles
06-26-2005, 06:47 AM
Nothing at my place except for the coffee table that I took with me when I moved out of my parent's place. That's about early 80's-ish. But at my parent's place still.... where to begin....

RCA 24" color TV circa late 70s/early 80s with the wood housing and frame, pull-out power pin-switch and push button numbers ON the unit. Still functional.

Hitachi alarm clock/radio combo from the same era about the size of a loaf of bread, lights up green and still works as well.

Couch and loveseat from early 80s, falling apart at some seams, and the springs in the couch lost their bounce, but they're still in the living room.

An answering machine (forget what brand) that runs off the old cassette tradtional tapes (not the minis), and is STILL being used today. As in, I called my parents place a week ago, and "it" picked up my call.

2 dressers and this treasure chest of a trunk from AT LEAST the late 70s brought over from HK when my parents immigrated still in their bedroom.

:nut: