PDA

View Full Version : 2006 C6 z06 pricing and specs announced

googe
06-14-2005, 03:08 AM
Chevy announces Corvette Z06 0-60 mph time and base price

The ultimate Corvette—the 2006 Corvette Z06—is posting numbers at the track and on the window sticker that will get attention. Chevrolet has announced that the fastest Corvette ever—the 505-horsepower Corvette Z06—will achieve 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds while still in first gear, and pricing will start at $65,800, including destination and freight charges.

“Corvette is a global icon for world-class sports car performance at an incredible value, and offering the fastest production Corvette ever at this price is another testament to that reputation,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. “When you compare the Corvette Z06 performance stats to other supercars, you see numerous examples where you’re getting better performance with Corvette for one-third the sticker price of the competition.”

Developed alongside the Corvette C6.R race car, the Corvette Z06 uses advanced lightweight materials typically found only in the most exotic supercars. Use of weight-saving materials such as carbon fiber, aluminum, titanium and magnesium give the 3,132-pound car a highly competitive weight-to-power ratio of 6.2 pounds per horsepower.

“The new Corvette Z06 is the dividend from competing so successfully in endurance racing,” said Dave Hill, Corvette’s chief engineer. “It combines the strong attributes of the new, sixth-generation Corvette with the spirit, technology and know-how from the race program to form an American supercar with outstanding credentials.” The highly anticipated Corvette Z06, which will be available in the fourth quarter of 2005, completes the sixth-generation portfolio, which also includes the 400-hp Corvette coupe and convertible.

Previous Corvette Z06 models, from the original 1963 model to the 2001-04 editions, incorporated suspension and engine upgrades that complemented existing Corvette systems. The 2006 Corvette Z06 is more differentiated from the standard Corvette than any other Z06 in history with every design element serving a performance function. Corvette Z06 features include:

• LS7 7.0-liter/427-cubic-inch Gen IV V-8 engine with lightweight reciprocating components

• 505 horsepower (373 kw) @ 6300 rpm

• 470 lb.-ft. of torque (657 Nm) @ 4800 rpm

• 6-speed manual transmission

• 7000 rpm redline

• Aluminum body structure with one-piece hydroformed perimeter rails frame and magnesium engine cradle

• Carbon-fiber composite front fenders, front wheelhouses and floors

• Dry-sump engine lubrication system

• Hand-built engine at GM’s new Performance Build Center

• Unique design styling that includes a larger grille, cold-air scoop and lower air splitter, wide-body front and rear fenders and a taller rear spoiler

• Engine, transmission and differential oil coolers and steering cooler

For all its race-inspired functionality, the Corvette Z06 also is designed to be refined as a daily driver with a sophisticated and comfortable interior and generous cargo volume. The Z06 will be offered in Machine Silver Metallic, Victory Red, Daytona Sunset Orange, Le Mans Blue Metallic, Velocity Yellow tintcoat and Black exterior colors.

googe
06-14-2005, 03:12 AM
oh, this is pretty cool too:

Lingenfelter LS2 C6 427 Twin Turbo Engine Development - 951 HP 950 lbs ft of torque with factory 2005 Corvette controller
http://www.lingenfelter.com/images/ls2950.jpg

VetteRacin
06-14-2005, 07:10 AM
that's awsome, can't go wrong with that.

b_t
06-14-2005, 08:16 AM
OH
MY
GOD

I need to win the lottery ASAP and pick up a new Z06... faster then a Viper and $20,000ish less!

ACX
06-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Welcome to dealer mark up ville.. :hitit:

lastprodigy
06-14-2005, 10:51 AM
stock for stock fast than srt-10?

b_t
06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
stock for stock fast than srt-10?

yes
stock viper srt-10 does 0-60 in 3.9ish and has to shift immediately after it hits 60 miles an hour since that is like a tick before redline. down the quarter it'd be an interesting story... I think the Corvette would win because it has a higher rev line on a similar gearing and would be able to go longer without shifting. but I'm only guessing.

JCX
06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by b_t

but I'm only guessing.

Yes you are.

It will be an interesting battle though. Particularly the upcoming Viper Coupe vs. the Z06. The cars should perform very similarly. I think the vette will be a tad easier to drive.

Either way, the z06 is a great value.

Altezza
06-14-2005, 02:50 PM
That price is in American dollars.

b_t
06-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
That price is in American dollars.

viper is just under $81,500usd plus dealer mark-up and all that extra fun stuff, like the $3,000 gas guzzler tax. so I guess the Corvette would end up being less then $10k cheaper.. I always thought the Viper was $90k+us :dunno: oops

googe
06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
you cant really consider dealer markup when comparing pricing :)

enough dealers out there sell without markup, you should never buy a marked up car even if you can afford it imo.

C4S
06-14-2005, 04:03 PM
what?? $65K US only?? that is about the same with the Cayman S!

wow .. what a bargain ..

anyone knows canadian price yet?

or probaby can just buy one from US .. and import it here .. :D

Wildcat
06-14-2005, 05:26 PM
ya, but i bet the farm the zo6 runs circles around the viper on the road course. honestly for what you pay, nothing can touch this car. and lingenfelter.... well thats just stoooopid crazy. :burnout:

googe
06-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by C4S
what?? $65K US only?? that is about the same with the Cayman S!

wow .. what a bargain ..

anyone knows canadian price yet?

or probaby can just buy one from US .. and import it here .. :D

that doesnt work very well. the canadian spec corvettes have upgraded bumpers, and to get a US car certified up here you need to modify those, and the procedure on them requires new front and rear body panels :(

to make things worse, GM has advised dealers that if they are caught selling cars to canadians, theyll lose their allocation. so none of them will touch you with a 10 foot pole. :(

googe
06-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
and lingenfelter.... well thats just stoooopid crazy. :burnout:

they offer 2 yr warranty on the cars they mod/tune as well :eek: