PDA

View Full Version : Car Pulling to left & right ?!?

Stevenson
06-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey everyone.

I was wondering if someone could help me out here.

I have a Ford Fiesta MK3 and have recently had the tracking fixed as my brand new tyres that i had put on had worn down to the wire in a matter of months.

Upon leaving the garage after having had my tracking fixed the car began to pull to the left and right from on and off, most noticably at around 50 mph upwards. The car had never done this previously, only after the garage fixed my tracking.

I dont know to much about how this stuff works.

Does anyone know what causes this and how it can be fixed. All help greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
06-14-2005, 08:50 AM
I think the garage used the wrong alignment specs.

Stevenson
06-14-2005, 08:58 AM
So you think i should maybe get the tracking done again.

One of my friends mentioned something about a track rod end, could this be something else to look into?

infected
06-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Get another alignment done somewhere else maybe?
Would bent rims have anything to do with this?

edv
06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Did you get new tires that are wider than the previous set? Wider tires on the front tend to follow the crown/ruts harder.

streetarab
06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Stevenson
So you think i should maybe get the tracking done again.

One of my friends mentioned something about a track rod end, could this be something else to look into?

usually if there is a problem with the rod end, they will try to have you replace it before the align the car

i brought my car in for an alignment once and they gave me a call sayin i needed new tie rod ends, they wouldnt align my car unless i got them, which it is a safty hazard, so i could understand

Stevenson
06-15-2005, 07:49 AM
I dont think it has anything to do with my wheels as such. All my wheels have been balanced and none are bent in anyway.

Im off today to get the alignment done again today, hopefully this will sort it out.

Cheers for the replys :thumbsup:

nubian
06-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by edv
Did you get new tires that are wider than the previous set? Wider tires on the front tend to follow the crown/ruts harder.

edv hit in on the nail, a fresh alignment WILL follow the crown/ruts. to test find the sweet spot where the wheels balance out, then you will know for sure.

AllGoNoShow
06-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Yah wider tires def follow ruts and swerves an dshit in the road, my rear on the Regal will gladly show you what he means if you wanted too ;)