PDA

View Full Version : TV Show "Survivorman"

gonefishing
06-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Was wondering if anyone else has seen this show . i was watching this show on OLN on Sunday and thought it was pretty cool its called Survivorman. apparently this guy gets dropped off in different locations with a camera and has to survive and find his way out in 7 days.

rmk
06-14-2005, 10:04 AM
the guy is pretty amazing the way he can live off the land. it was nutz when he started the fire with his pellet gun.. who knows if he has other food to eat with him already, but either way if you can eat a frog or a snake your pretty hardcore. :drama:

EK 2.0
06-14-2005, 10:05 AM
seen a couple of episodes.

Love the premise, and watching him do his thing. But makes me wonder if its a little rigged you know??...like its all too easy for him.

BokCh0y
06-14-2005, 10:07 AM
yeah i've seen the show. that guy is crazy. i saw one episode where he got dropped off way up north with the eskimos. don't know how he does it. cold as hell is all he kept saying.

Impreza
06-14-2005, 10:12 AM
awesome show, but ya, seems like everything may be planned ahead of time.

Primer_Drift
06-14-2005, 10:29 AM
The guy is Canadian, the show is filmed exclusively by him except when they drop him some place, and I'm certain he carries a Sat-phone with him just in case.
Its the best survival show I have seen to date, however when hes out in the wilderness you can watch him make some big mistakes.. probably from the effects of not eating. But consider all the shots he does walking away from the cameras.. only to have to go back and get them again, effectively tripling the distance he would have travelled - it must be brutal to try to film a survival show as such.

civic_stylez
06-14-2005, 11:13 AM
some of the stuff on that show seem slightly planned but alot of the info he gives is useful and could be applied in an emergency situation. considering there arent many shows on survival, id say that this reality show actually benefits the person watching.

duffspec
06-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Sweet show! I seen him eat snakes,squirel(sp) and grasshoppers. The guy is awesome, I learned a butt load of tips from this show.

I missed the pellet gun fire starting episode though. Where did he go and how did he do it? :thumbsup:

rmk
06-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by duffspec

I missed the pellet gun fire starting episode though. Where did he go and how did he do it? :thumbsup:

it was the one where he was in the arctic. he piled a whole bunch of dry shit together and aimed it at the base and fired. then spent the next 5-10 minutes (maybe more) blowing to build it up.
the first time he blew everything around and had to gather it all up and shoot again. once it was going it was a great little fire. amazing stuff. iirc, he only had 2 matches with him and he used them up the previous night.

Despair*
06-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Awesome show. Its been on for quite a while now, and I haven't got bored of watching it yet. Yeah that would be pretty harsh having to set up camera shots by yourself in the wilderness, and than backtracking to retrieve anything. I'm sure glad he does it though. Just wouldn't be the same with him being followed around by a camera crew.

BigDannyCool
06-14-2005, 07:54 PM
i don't think it's rigged at all

method
06-15-2005, 11:08 PM
it's not 'rigged', but there's safety measures in place.

he complains waaayyy too much. it's all trying to make it more dramatic, but it's kind of annoying.

I like how he keeps a sense of humour about the whole thing.. there's some cool places he's been to.

dj_honda
06-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
i don't think it's rigged at all

me neither. there was that canyon one too, where he couldnt last and just left.

finboy
06-15-2005, 11:15 PM
i can't bring myself to watch a full episode, i get bored easily.

Troy
06-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Pretty amazing show though has alot of usefull info.

BebeAphrodite
06-16-2005, 01:10 AM
he he he, it makes me squirmish to watch him eat some of the things he catches.. hahaha

Canadian 2.5RS
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
mmm plague ridden squirel :drool:

He is pretty imaginative with some of the stuff he is left with. That one in the arctic was good, he had to pull that sleigh everywhere with him.

gerrycurl21
06-16-2005, 05:55 PM
anyone else see the one where he showers in the waterfall........

hockeybronx
06-20-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
anyone else see the one where he showers in the waterfall........

Yeah he's standing there showing his bare ass to the camera:rofl:

Love watching the show, makes me want to be all hardcore when I go out camping alone.

DonJuan
06-20-2005, 02:11 AM
The pellet gun you guys are taking about is actually a serious rifle that he was required to carry because of polar bears. He doesmake sume silly mistakes, like the one where he is in costa rica and decided to go through the jungle instead of just walking along the beach to safety (it did make the show more interesting tho)

gerrycurl21
06-21-2005, 12:11 AM
yah where he's just lying in the jungle at night and he says everything is moving around him lol. and they show the nightvision shit with a spider as big as his hand :thumbsdow