PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Dubai??

2.2vtec
06-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I just sent in a resume to jobsindubai.com and they just sent me an email saying that they need 34dollars for administration fees. Is this normal? Has any have any experience with this?

Shaolin
06-14-2005, 10:54 AM
yes Danny.. it is.. they didn't mention that when you were flipping through the site?

a friend's friend got a job through that site..

Tyler883
06-14-2005, 11:12 AM
I personally don't trust any system that requires money.

IMO, If they are serious about hiring me at a good wage and offer me a good career opportunity then why would they be willing to throw all this out the window for a lousy 34 dollars?!?!?!?!

I guess some of these systems are legit. but they won't recruit people like me. I'm not interested, nor will I ever be interested because they are using similar tacktics as most scams and rip offs.

2.2vtec
06-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin
yes Danny.. it is.. they didn't mention that when you were flipping through the site?

a friend's friend got a job through that site..

NO it was not mentioned...Are you saying that this website is legit?

rinny
06-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Find some funny money and send it to them. You have nothing to lose.

JeremyD
06-14-2005, 03:29 PM
There is also a 1600 dollar charge if they find you a job. That is taken after your first months pay.

jobsindubai.com/process.asp

AcuraTl
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
"es for every position) You will then be required to submit a fully refundable application fee of $34US. ($74 for non-residents of Canada or U.S). This payment ensures us of your commitment to follow through wit"

its refunded

broken_legs
06-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Schlumberger will fly you to the country of the job your applying for and put you up in a hotel just for your interview

anything that costs money is a scam

Shaolin
06-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Schlumberger will fly you to the country of the job your applying for and put you up in a hotel just for your interview

anything that costs money is a scam

That's if you're already in Schlumberger? Why would Schlumberger fly some joe schmo to an interview if they're not employed with them?

broken_legs
06-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin

That's if you're already in Schlumberger? Why would Schlumberger fly some joe schmo to an interview if they're not employed with them?

Well I was talking with teh Head of HR for Sclumh at the Go Expo last week or whenever it was, and I was telling him I have my Brit Citizenship. He said if the UK branch was interested in me they would fly me there for the interview.

I have 3 friends who just* got hired with schlum from calgary and on the second interview they get sent up to Red Deer on a bus and stay in a hotel overnight. The interview is a two day long process where they take you out for dinner and take you on a tour of the plant etc...

Shaolin
06-19-2005, 10:45 PM
ahh yeah that made more sense.. Schlumberger is huge so it makes sense for them to send you where ever you're getting the interview for.

a buddy of mine just left Schlumberger not too long ago..

It'd be sweet to relocate to their head office in France.