PDA

View Full Version : U of C parking lot locations

69cougar
06-14-2005, 05:44 PM
I have to go to the U on Thursday and need to park as close as I can to the Campus Rec main office. What lot is best and how do you get to it??

Thanks guys

logix
06-14-2005, 06:17 PM
https://dciwasp.admin.ucalgary.ca/webapp/pkg_lot/

For me.. i usually park in Lot 12(L12) or Lot 16(L16) and just walk to get to Campus Rec.. To get to these 2.. take 32nd Ave NW and turn left onto Collegiate BLVD(if you were coming from crowchild) Keep driving down Collegiate Blvd till you see lot 12(on the left) or lot 16(on the right).
Keep in mind Lot 12 is for permits only until 3:30PM(?)
Lot 16 is paid parking

I know there is another lot right near Campus Rec.. not sure what number it is tho =\

DarkDream
06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
How long are you going to be there for??

69cougar
06-14-2005, 07:39 PM
about 5 hours.

69cougar
06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Also what forms of payment can you use??

toyboy88
06-15-2005, 10:55 AM
^^^
hehe usually after 5-ish they don't really check the lots..unless theres like a grad or something...and if u don't have a ticket 80% first-time cars will just get a warning :D

~Leah~
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Okay, the follow the blue line to get to Lot 3. It's $3.50 there as a flat rate after 3:30PM (any of these lots are going to be after 3:30 PM just so you know.... you'll pay an arm and a leg if it is before that on campus.)

So take Crowchild to 24th Ave and go West (so if your coming from the south, turn left, coming from the north, turn right)... go past Univ Dr. and take your next right onto Univ Gate then go straight and you'll come to kind of a T intersection/fork in the road... go right... then right again immediately into the lot. You then will go around the right side of the Kinesiology building (you won't miss it) and go in the doors and the Campus Rec office is right there. That'll be your easiest bet.

I highlighted green for the directions the other guy gave you. These are good too and parking after 3:30 in lot 12 is $3.25. However, you will have to maneuver your way through the Kinesiology building from that side. If you need a hand with directions, lemme know. I live in the Kinesiology building and surrounding area... lol

The red star is the Campus Rec office

canadian_hustla
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
^

couldn't have described it better myself.

69cougar
06-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks for all your help I ended up going early (today) got raped $9 to park undergrounf at Mac hall. All the other lots were reserved until 3:30 WTF!! Also nice parking machines they will take coins or cc. What a pain in the assto get change around there. I was thinking of going to the Subway guy to get change. LOL

:banghead:

AcuraTl
06-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 69cougar
Thanks for all your help I ended up going early (today) got raped $9 to park undergrounf at Mac hall. All the other lots were reserved until 3:30 WTF!! Also nice parking machines they will take coins or cc. What a pain in the assto get change around there. I was thinking of going to the Subway guy to get change. LOL

:banghead:

good luck, parking is a pain in the ass at the UNI, i was goin to some courses there and i had to park at Brentwood and walk to the ICT building and then get around from there !!!!! i parked a few times outside lot 21 i think got charged 3.50 for unlimited after 5pm until 9pm...not bad, however dont try to get change from subway, they get you to buy something :(