PDA

View Full Version : Gauge hookup

Teggy2nr
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi I just bought the autometer cobalt volt gauge and I need to find out where a good ground, power, and light source. The instructions say the light source needs dash lighting or a 12v swichable light souce. Now I had old gauges hooked up to my cigarette lighter b4, but I dont really trust that so if you guys know of any other good hookup points that would help. BTW its on a 95 integra

pyro
06-14-2005, 07:04 PM
for myn i just ran the power straight to the battery then i put a switch in for my lights that was wired to my cigarette lighter

soupey
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
if u have it to the 12v cigarette lighter, it will stay on whenever the car is on....if u want it to switch on with everything you should probably look for the fuse that controls the interior accessory lighting when you turn your parking/headlamps on

BlkMaxima
06-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by soupey
if u have it to the 12v cigarette lighter, it will stay on whenever the car is on....if u want it to switch on with everything you should probably look for the fuse that controls the interior accessory lighting when you turn your parking/headlamps on

:werd: :thumbsup: fuses are the easiest way to do it!!

Teggy2nr
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I just hooked it up to my cig lighter this after noon, then I found the wire that hooks up to the light that surrounds it, now it works, and then it lights up when i turn the lights on, but i dont have a fuse on it tho

BlkMaxima
06-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Dont need one then the cig. lighter light will have a fuse!!

legendboy
06-16-2005, 08:50 AM
there are spare prongs in your fuse box. use them