PDA

View Full Version : Are all shaving gel/creams created equal?

Gadgetboy
06-14-2005, 11:38 PM
I just discovered the art of shaving with a hand razor (I've always used electric). So whats the deal?

Mad$ella
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM
OH man! You dont know what you are missing.

Step 1: get a Mach 3 (not the stupid vibrating one, it doesn't do shit)

Step 2: All shaving creams ARE created equal. I prefer Gillette with the red cap

Step 3: Enjoy how the ladies love the smooooooothness

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S. Step 1 is the most important!!!

bspot
06-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Shaving Gel pwns Shaving Cream

Weapon_R
06-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Gilette Shaving Gel...best i've used, foams up good. Mach3 razrs cannot be beat, more is not better, and the vibrating mach3 does nothing

Mad$ella
06-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Shaving Gel pwns Shaving Cream

Maybe so, Ill have to try it.

gpomp
06-14-2005, 11:53 PM
gel > cream. i use edge gel.

Mad$ella
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Everyone says gel owns, they must be right, time for me to switch after this can of cream...

ronaldo
06-14-2005, 11:55 PM
The M3 power razor(vibrating razor) is just all about the hype....its as good as any mach 3 razorb

the shick quattro is a horrible razor and the extra blade does nothing but give you razor burn

and id say gilette shaving gel is your best bet too :thumbsup:

shandi
06-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Not all shaveing gels and creams are equal you just have to find one thats good for you skin type see some brands may contain alcohol or fragrance in it, or more the others which will dry out your skin if you have more sensative skin if you have nomal to oily skin your almost fine with any type you like best :thumbsup:

3G
06-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Can't go wrong with Gillette, Mach 3 pwnz but they aren't cheap :( Also like they said, get Gillette shaving gel

Mercutio_x
06-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Shaving cream is for peolpe who don't know there's anything better out there. I agree with everyone on this board: Shaving Gel is the only way to go.....until they come up with something better.

As far as brands go, Gillette series shave gel is good. I used to use it, but have since replaced it with the "Nivea for Men" series of gel...
http://www.londondrugs.com/msib20/ProductImages/0217984_medium.jpg :thumbsup: very smooth and soothing.

As far as Razors go: I've never used a vibrating razor, and will probably never...just seems like too much of a marketing scam. What next: a vibrating comb...vibrating soap? Three blades are enough...I wouldn't waste my good money on one more blade.

I was a Mach 3 man, but find the Schick Xtreme III's better....easier to rinse out my shaved stubble.

:) Just my 2 cents.

Strider
06-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Mach 3 Turbo is the only way to go

Nivea Gel > Edge Gel > Gilette Gel > any cream

403Gemini
06-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Strider
Mach 3 Turbo is the only way to go

Nivea Gel > Edge Gel > Gilette Gel > any cream

word

that vibrating razor does work, but only on my cheeks closest to the ears, then once you get closer i turn that shit off, cause you need precision for the stache and the neck, i dont feel like slipping and cutting my neck cause of a vibrating button lol.

edge gel has always worked FANTASTIC for me

lastprodigy
06-15-2005, 03:02 AM
vibration works prime...oh yea use womens have gel its sweet

BlueGoblin
06-15-2005, 06:43 AM
One more vote for Mach 3 (non-vibrating) and Edge gel. Can't be beat - except maybe for a professional straight razor shave by a barber who knows what they are doing....

duffspec
06-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Mach 3 razor is sweet however, the cream/gels from Gillette and the lower end brands have dulling agents in them which in turn force you to buy more blades.....My GF is in cosmetics.......... I was recomended Vich'e(sp) or biotherm work awesome if your willing to pay the price but, then again you wouldn't cheap out on your car, why would you on your face. :dunno:

BokCh0y
06-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
vibration works prime...oh yea use womens shave gel its sweet

:werd:

any mach 3 razor vibrating or not is your BEST bet. I've tried the shicks and....well I'm still using mach 3.

as for shaving gel\cream - i'd say go with the gel, you get the smoothest shave compared to the cream crap.

brand of gel - i've never tried the edge or nivea but from the way it sounds on this board they're pretty good stuff too. Guess just as long as it's gel and not cream. I did try my wifes gillette womens shave gel when i ran out of my stuff, i actually found it to be gentler on the skin and smoother then compared to the men's stuff :dunno: but that's just my opinion.

pitwipe
06-15-2005, 09:09 AM
I tried using my wife's vibrator with the gel and nearly knocked my teeth out :D

EK 2.0
06-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I use the Mach 3 Turbo (for the extra lil bit, and I mean it has Turbo in the Name.)

and...now THIS here is the key...

Skintimate shave gel...YES it is a womens product, but it offers more moisture, a closer shave, and smells great (Vanilla is the one I use)...plus it gives more protection against nicks and cuts...

codo
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
I use the Mach 3 Turbo (for the extra lil bit, and I mean it has Turbo in the Name.)

Skintimate shave gel...YES it is a womens product, but it offers more moisture, a closer shave, and smells great (Vanilla is the one I use)...plus it gives more protection against nicks and cuts...

THAT'S FABULOUS!!!

Khyron
06-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I use the mach 3 turbo champion because it's red. Although if I could find something better I would switch in a heartbeat because Gillettes automotive ripoff campaign is so damn annoying (WTF is with the NITRO razor?) Turbo was bad enough, (and ripping off the M3 brand) but the ads for the nitro are beyond belief.

Khyron

Rowdy
06-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by pitwipe
I tried using my wife's vibrator with the gel and nearly knocked my teeth out :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Your wife lets you borrow that huh, well then ask her how to turn down the vib, and maybe get her to teach you the right action. But if I was you I would keep that info to yourself:poosie:

jdmakkord
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
American crew shaving cream! Awesome for sensitive skin, or neutrogena shave cream.

lastprodigy
06-15-2005, 12:47 PM

wer to the womens shave gel users, oceania for me!

Weapon_R
06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
I find it kind of funny that you guys are so pro-gel and against foam so much. Did you even realize that the gel turns to foam as soon as you lather it on? It's just a marketing gimmick, but I still use it anyways.

Mad$ella
06-15-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I find it kind of funny that you guys are so pro-gel and against foam so much. Did you even realize that the gel turns to foam as soon as you lather it on? It's just a marketing gimmick, but I still use it anyways.

Interesting point... I wonder if there are actual differences or it is as you say just a marketing gimmic...?

BlkMaxima
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
I use the mach 3 turbo champion because it's red. Although if I could find something better I would switch in a heartbeat because Gillettes automotive ripoff campaign is so damn annoying (WTF is with the NITRO razor?) Turbo was bad enough, (and ripping off the M3 brand) but the ads for the nitro are beyond belief.

Khyron

:werd: The red one is the only way to go, the silver one gets the big :thumbsdow (even though they are the same) the riced out versions are better!

:rofl:

canadian_hustla
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
that vibrating razor does work

^

:werd: I have the nitro one, it is an unreal shave. At first I was hesitant to actually try and shave with it, however now after seeing the results this thing is definately worth the money. The nitro P4Wn5 any other razor

Benny
06-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
I use the mach 3 turbo champion because it's red

:werd:
Only reason I use it too. I never really found that much difference between most razors I tried. Quattro was alright. Those Mach 3 razors just go that extra bit closer.

brandon
06-15-2005, 05:40 PM
kinda on the same topic but does anybody know where to get a nice hot lather shave in calgary? kinda like the old barbers use to do?

Thanks

Weapon_R
06-15-2005, 05:47 PM
^ Yes any walmart will be able to help you :)

They have a machine that you can get and attach it to a bottle of cream that keeps it hot whenever you need it.

Roaring G60
06-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Or you could go to the phone book and call barber shops, I know the one in westmarket square/signal hill does.

GQBalla
06-15-2005, 07:49 PM
i used the mach 3 power the one that vibrates!!!

i like it and it does work it makes the shave closer i use to use the mach 3 and that was okay

i use gillete gel!

403Gemini
06-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

most of the gel's have aloe in it where most of the foams dont, so its better for the skin.

fast95pony
06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
I never realised there were this many people on Beyond old enough to shave.. :rofl:

SiG Baby
06-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Wanna know a trick from the ladies...Put a little bit of very thick hair conditioner(herbal essecences works good) under your shaving cream. You will get the smothest shave ever. Iv'e been doing it for years on my legs. The conditioner also protects more then the shaving cream or gel alone, so less irritation.

abyss
06-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by SiG Baby
Wanna know a trick from the ladies...Put a little bit of very thick hair conditioner(herbal essecences works good) under your shaving cream. You will get the smothest shave ever. Iv'e been doing it for years on my legs. The conditioner also protects more then the shaving cream or gel alone, so less irritation.

:werd: Plus, I use a Mach 3 too, haha they've gotta be good if They're better than all the girls razors out there!

EK 2.0
06-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by SiG Baby

Not that I use Herbal Essences, lol, but would that work under my skintimate as well??

D'z Nutz
06-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Women's shaving gel is definitely the shit. Anybody's who's run their hands along a lady's smooth, silky thighs can attest to this. Oooh baby! :bigpimp:

Anytime I go travelling with lady friends, I don't even bother packing the shaving gel! Hahaha!

EK 2.0
06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Anytime I go travelling with lady friends, I don't even bother packing the shaving gel! Hahaha!

so...like...never??...haha only kidding sir...

D'z Nutz
06-16-2005, 12:05 PM

so...like...never??...haha only kidding sir...

Boooooo :guns: Hahaha! I guess I kinda walked into that one :rofl:

Neil4Speed
06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I dunno I love Nivia, it really makes for an amazing shave, but try out Gilliettes Lemon Lime (in that old school bottle)

Its amazing.

SiG Baby
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Herbal essences is cheap crap , use it only for shaving. And it has worked under every shave gel and cream I have used. Things get slightly more messy, but the smoothness is worth it. TRUST ME chicks dig a smoth face...altho 5-o-clock shadow can be quite sexy on the right guy :D

BokCh0y
06-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by abyss

:werd: Plus, I use a Mach 3 too, haha they've gotta be good if They're better than all the girls razors out there!

yeah my wife uses my old mach 3 turbo (i was dumb enough to buy the mach 3 that vibrates) and says it's the best shaver she ever used. said it is better than the gillette venus cuz it doesn't have the big protector thing so gets a closer smoother shave on her legs.

but women's shave gel is definatly the way to do it. :thumbsup: