PDA

View Full Version : Electrician looking for work

Zero102
06-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Hey, I just finished my second year classes, wrote the TQ today, and I'm on the job hunt. I applied at Maximum electric, but it looks like I'm too late, didn't get a call back from them, also applied at Concept, but who else is hiring right now? Looking for a job to last through the end of august, when I go back to university.

Kobe
06-15-2005, 01:35 AM
www.calgary.ca i saw a few openings i think

Tyler883
06-15-2005, 09:19 AM
just curious: how is university classes related to electrician work???

Zero102
06-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Haha, long story.
I started being an electrician in the RAP program back in high school. Once I got out of high school, I worked for a year, and decided that I would like to go to university, and further pursue my interests. Still planning to get my ticket, and still looking for electrician work, just furthering my education.

Okay, not THAT long of a story :)

HuMz
06-18-2005, 07:13 PM
i can get you a pretty much guaranteed job, i got on a few weeks ago with SVE electric, were crazy busy right now and they fired the journeyman they just hired and another journeyman is leaving monday for some advanced training he's taking at sait, ill pm you with the number if your interested let me know.....work isn't too bad, they do mostly commercial work, pay isn't that great though at $25, i wouldn't look at it long term but it might not be bad if you need something now

Zero102
06-19-2005, 12:14 AM
$25 journeyman?
That is kind of low. If they pay time and a half overtime, with lots of opportunities to work overtime it may work out though. I'm interested. Please PM me the number :)