gpomp
06-15-2005, 01:29 PM
nope, comes out today.

gcycheun
06-15-2005, 01:33 PM
pre-screening was on Monday

three33
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
It is by far the best Batman yet. Very dark though, not really meant for little kids, a definite must see for those who like the Batman series.

jumperman8
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Ya it was very dark, different the the otehr batmans, but i didnt think it was that bad.:thumbsup:

duffspec
06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
lucky basturds!!! I can't wait to see this flick, looks wicked. :thumbsup:

rmk
06-15-2005, 02:59 PM
i'll go see it soon, whats up with the new batmobile??? :barf: :barf:

2002civic
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
i cant wait to see this, the bat mobile does look messed tho

b_t
06-15-2005, 03:49 PM
I guess that big batmobile still goes 220mph though hahaha :D there was an article about it in the paper the other day
hopefully I'll see it tonight or tomorrow, it has been getting really good reviews..

rmk
06-15-2005, 04:02 PM
:werd: oh well, at least bruce wayne drives a silver murcielago roadster.

AznDragon2004
06-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Saw the this afternoon and i must say the best batman movie. :)

Prepare for the second one ;)

jumperman8
06-15-2005, 05:18 PM
There might not be a second one, might have ended so it fits to the first one ever made.

Bat mobile is unreal cool, once oyu see what it can do you will be amazed.:thumbsup:

brettg
06-15-2005, 06:22 PM
they allready have the second one in the works, should be way better than this one cause they dont have to lay down all the plot and background.

AznDragon2004
06-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
There might not be a second one, might have ended so it fits to the first one ever made.

Bat mobile is unreal cool, once oyu see what it can do you will be amazed.:thumbsup:

There probably will be a 2nd once you see it you'll know what i mean at the end.

FiveFreshFish
06-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
I saw it 2 nights ago...

What does everyone think about it?

I saw the pre-screening at the Imax on Monday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This movie goes deeper into the Bruce Wayne character than any previous Batman movie. Special effects were incredible, especially the CG buildings and cityscapes.

The fight scenes moved too fast to see on the big screen. If you see it, sit near the back even in the regular theatre!

brettg
06-15-2005, 11:48 PM
ya its true sometimes it was hard to follow and see wut was totally going on, good idea to sit as far back as possible. i think that was the whole idea with this one was to go deeper into bruce wayne and set up all the background information weve never really seen before. kinda slow for some but probably worth while cause it will just make the next 2 better. i hear they allready have plot lines work out for 2 more!!

e_racer
06-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Think the fight scenes was kinda choppy, couldn't see what was really going on or any clear blows, they remind me of the fight scenes in the Bourne Surpremacy.

canadian_hustla
06-16-2005, 01:49 AM
^ agreed,

but it was awesome

btw. Don't bother going to the imax to see it, although they have such a big screen, and awesome sound.... also remember that movies are in LETTERBOX FORMAT

Kamen
06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
Fight scenes weren't the best, but that's not what Batman is about imo. He layed the smack down thoroughly.
I just got back and I thought it was kickass.

***SPOILERS***

When Scarecrow gets tasered in the face, half the audience was laughing at him :rofl: :rofl:

b_t
06-16-2005, 08:30 AM
SPOILERS HERE TOO

yeah when scarecrow got tasered I laughed my ass off.. they make him sound so feeble right before he gets tasered too he's like "I'm trying to help!" in this squeaky voice
I was choked that Ken Watanabe was only in the movie for like five minutes and had such a cliche part.. considering how good he was in the Last Samurai he deserved something better.
Liam Neeson was a total badass though. all in all, I thought it was pretty good aside from the cheesy parts (like how Batman appears when people got sprayed by that fear stuff..) and the scarecrow was scary as shit at first.

jumperman8
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Straight up, it is a very cool movie, so creepy ass parts and very dark, but for the oler crowd, which it ios geared for, i think a high percentage will really enjoy it.:thumbsup:

Wildcat
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
the movie was great. the batmobile was badass :thumbsup:

ca2p3r
06-17-2005, 03:47 PM
too close to the old batman :thumbsdow

ronaldo
06-18-2005, 12:30 AM
any idea when the new one(s) are gonna be released??

jumperman8
06-18-2005, 12:39 AM
might not be a new one:thumbsdow

gpomp
06-18-2005, 02:06 AM
best movie this year BY FAR. let's see if any of the other upcoming big movies can dethrone it.

Hakkola
06-18-2005, 02:14 AM
I thought it was amazing, the theme and plot were awesome, except scarecrow was done away with a bit too easily.

This is one of my favorites.

gpomp
06-18-2005, 02:19 AM
dr crane looks like tom welling :whipped:

lsc2g
06-19-2005, 12:31 AM
i saw it tonight.. i thought it was awesome i'll give it 4/5.. i hope they remake the old ones i don't really care.. bale was an awesome batman IMO.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :burnout:

Hakkola
06-19-2005, 12:39 AM
I don't really want them to remake the old ones, except I'd like to see Bane, done well.

Akagi Redsuns
06-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I loved this adaption of Batman. Good acting, decent plot and story. Chistopher Nolan did a great job with this movie and continues his trend of making great films. The only reason I dared to spend $$$ on the movie was because of his involvement.

Carfanman
06-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Great movie, no doubt. I thought the fight scenes were pretty good. Yeah they were fast, but still pretty cool.

Mckenzie
06-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I saw it last night....thought it was very good. I liked the character development and the way Christian Bale played Bruce Wayne....very cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: <--- two thumbs up for me.

toyotaz23
06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
I saw it last night........not that great, soooo many cheesey lines like when the bat mobile blows past and that guy goes "I gotta get me one of those"....holy shit can you have a worse line.
I think it was cool how they went deep into Bruce Waynes background, but other then that the fight scenes were absolute crap, couldnt tell what was going on, and I almost fell asleep acouple times. Not worth the money, rent it or see it in cheap theaters.

Kamen
06-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by toyotaz23
I saw it last night........not that great, soooo many cheesey lines like when the bat mobile blows past and that guy goes &quot;I gotta get me one of those&quot;....holy shit can you have a worse line.

Watch Star Wars ep3. :rofl:

-"It's because I'm so in love with you."
--"No, it's because I'm so in love with YOU!"

-"You leave me no choice Anakin, I'll have to defeat you" (Something along those lines)
--*gay/weird tone* "You will try"

hahaha

A_3
06-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Kamen

-&quot;It's because I'm so in love with you.&quot;
--&quot;No, it's because I'm so in love with YOU!&quot;

-&quot;You leave me no choice Anakin, I'll have to defeat you&quot; (Something along those lines)
--*gay/weird tone* &quot;You will try&quot;

hahaha

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA... so true...
"Anakin... you're breaking my heart"

I thought batman begins was amazing, more along the lines of batman and batman returns. It was a good return to what batman does best, kicking some serious bad guy ass in style, not making cheesy jokes like in the batman with Mr.Freeze. Apparently Christian Bale has signed on to do 2 more along with Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine, however Katie Holmes got cut because the producers were pissed the whole Tom Cruise thing took away from the movies hype. The next 2 movies are going to have nothing to do with the other four, the producers want to create there own series, not an extension. I'm looking forward to the next joker, it'll be hard to top Jack in that role.

Hakkola
06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
When they walk by the doors of the insane asylum you get to see a lot of their names, did anybody catch any of them? I think all of them were villains from the batman series.

Phy
06-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Kamen

-&quot;It's because I'm so in love with you.&quot;
--&quot;No, it's because I'm so in love with YOU!&quot;

-&quot;You leave me no choice Anakin, I'll have to defeat you&quot; (Something along those lines)
--*gay/weird tone* &quot;You will try&quot;

hahaha

--"Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo. *fake hug*"
It's no wonder Vader started his force-choking rampage with her.

What with the fight scenes looking like crap... I can only hope that it was a stylistic decision. Y'see, Batman is supposed to fight like a ninja, and that means he never wants you to see how he's fighting. He wants you to be so confused and overwhelmed that you never get a chance to hit him back, and I think the camera work is supposed to convey that sense of disorientation to the audience.