PDA

View Full Version : Rollerblading

likwid
06-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, I am fairly new to Calgary and was wondering the best places to go for a leisurely rollerblade. I am living downtown, so anything close to there would be great. Preferably somewhere not too busy.

Thanks

D'z Nutz
06-15-2005, 08:49 PM
If you live downtown you're conveniently located near the paths that go along the bow river.

Canmorite
06-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

bulaian
06-19-2005, 11:00 PM
yeah along the bow river is great, you can get a really good workout if you start from like eau claire and go all the way to edworthy park.... except now with the floods and stuff

hockeybronx
06-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Some of my favorite spots for running around the city are the Glenmore Reservoir pathway, and the Elbow River pathway:thumbsup:

D'z Nutz
06-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
yeah along the bow river is great, you can get a really good workout if you start from like eau claire and go all the way to edworthy park.... except now with the floods and stuff

That's my usual routine :thumbsup: I did from Eau Claire to the McDonald's up by COP one year, cause my friend worked there. It wasn't bad, but after a certain point, it was all up hill.

I'm determined to do from Eau Claire to my house this year (I live in the NE).

bulaian
06-20-2005, 11:28 PM
i've never gone really far past those washrooms by that bridge to edworthy park... doesn't that pathway get all bumpy and shit?

Yeah, I really wanna try going from my house up in coventry all the way downtown... but i don't know if i can make it back lol