PDA

View Full Version : getting tranny rebuilt

dymz999
06-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Here is my question, i have a 1990 nisasn 240sx with a sr20det swap in it. My tranny is a pain in the butt and started leaking tranny fluid this year. I am 100% certain that it is the rear seal in the transmission itself that is leaking fluid.

What shops in calgary would you guys reccomend to take a car such as this to in order to have the new seals installed? I already have a new rear engine seal and the tranny seal but just need a shop to install them. I dont want to do it myself since fort he record, i really hate taking the tranny off sr20 motors since it is a PITA to get it back in there and all.

How much do you think these shops would charge for it?

GTS Jeff
06-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
Here is my question, i have a 1990 nisasn 240sx with a sr20det swap in it. My tranny is a pain in the butt and started leaking tranny fluid this year. I am 100% certain that it is the rear seal in the transmission itself that is leaking fluid.

What shops in calgary would you guys reccomend to take a car such as this to in order to have the new seals installed? I already have a new rear engine seal and the tranny seal but just need a shop to install them. I dont want to do it myself since fort he record, i really hate taking the tranny off sr20 motors since it is a PITA to get it back in there and all.

How much do you think these shops would charge for it? Getting my transmission rebuilt by a Toyota tech cost about $700 including genuine Toyota parts and labour. He did it in his own garage and with discounted parts though. I'm guessing double that price is fair for a shop.

dymz999
06-15-2005, 10:40 PM
no no all they need to do is put 2 new seals in, not new gears and such, just the seals which are screwd!