PDA

View Full Version : Finally Intercooling! Need some help!

sunfiredude
06-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey,

Well I am finally intercooling! I got a few questions though, the FMIC I am getting is 20x6x3, (inlet and outlet are 2.75in) ...so a medium sized intercooler I suppose, and should fit well into my front bumper. It should be here in a week or so.

The questions I have are where I can get the intercooler piping done? It would obvisouly have to be a custom setup, I would need pipes bent etc. I am not sure how much, but maybe you can tell from the pic below.

I am being told that a place called "Apex" in Edmonton does a great job, but a Calgary or area shop would be the best for me, if nothing in Calgary then I could travel.

Is there anyone on here that can help me out/have a great knowledge of the subject and could possibly make some piping for me?

http://img268.echo.cx/img268/2287/picture2831vf.jpg

Thanks!

-DL

2002civic
06-15-2005, 11:00 PM
pm legendboy dax

sunfiredude
06-15-2005, 11:25 PM
BTW that intercooler is almost exactly the one i bought, same size etc. and just by estimating from the pic, i would say that I need

145-160 inches of piping (around 12 feet) plus the other hoses etc.

Weapon_R
06-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Why not but a set of ubends and do it yourself?

finboy
06-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Why not but a set of ubends and do it yourself? werd, but if not, pm legendboy

sunfiredude
06-16-2005, 06:15 PM
im not really inclined in that way, im more of an appearance/interior guy, but im slowly learning with the forced induction and performance stuff...

legenboy has been quite helpful so far!:thumbsup:

Audio_Rookie
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
get a bunch of U-bends and a pipe cutter....and a bunch of silicone couplings...and have a welder and grinder at hand....

I guess it all depends where you want the intercooler..but I cant see it being to hard...should be as easy as building an exhaust...maybe a couple more bends.

Minute muffler in lethbridge...good deals...and if you want 1 pipe bent a certain angle just show em what you need bent, where to bend it and they will do it for super cheap. I built a whole exhaust with there piping for 150$...2.5' mandrel with muffler.

sunfiredude
06-17-2005, 12:53 PM
really? minute muffler has gave me the shittiest deals ever. my buddy paid 150 just to get his muffler and tip installed, which is expensive, cuz i get it done in cgy for like maybe 70 bucks...

and when i went there to get my other muffler installed they said 220 or some shit, i got the dodge dealership here to do it for like 50 bucks.....

legendboy
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
any muffler shop will do shitty welding

if you want something that looks nice stick with me :thumbsup:

sunfiredude
06-17-2005, 02:32 PM
sounds good, i will call you tonight in between 6 and 8

Audio_Rookie
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
There welds suck and there installs arnt great...I just find the product is fairly cheap...perhaps its because my father is really good buddys with the owner....maybe he passes on his 30% discount to me to.

legendboys work looks very impressive though. I just wish I could afford his beautiful work.....damn university bills.....

pr0
06-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
any muffler shop will do shitty welding

if you want something that looks nice stick with me :thumbsup:

I can vouch for Corey (legendboy), he does good work!

sunfiredude
06-17-2005, 06:38 PM
haha well i cant afford much either but we're gonna see what happens...

turbo minivan
06-21-2005, 05:52 PM
dont have a muffler shop do bends unless they have a mandrell bender. that way you dont get those ugly and restrictive kinks in all your pipes. have fun finding a mandrell bender though!
maby check out unlimited performance for good pipe.