PDA

View Full Version : Race City Being Sold

Toms-SC
06-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Taken from the CDRA web site

After reading and hearing all the "rumors" regarding the sale of Race City, I feel that I have to let the cat out of the bag. RPM Race Management Inc. has presented a letter of intent to Art MacKenzie for the purchase of the facility. The agreement is currently verbal as Art asked for a little larger deposit to firm up the deal then we had in the bank. We are currently raising the rest of the deposit to firm up the offer. The funds for the purchase and the Approximate $2.5 million in facility upgrades and redevelopments will be raised via a share offering of a minumum 100,000 share unit at $1.00 per share. This is a excellent opportunity to put your money into the next 20 year future of Race City Motorsports Park.

Plans include repaved and lengthen (3800ft) drag strip with the addition of 700ft concrete start line (IHRA requirement, all concrete tracks crash cars and hurt drivers), addition of 2500 more seats, and permanent and temporary concrete walls for length of track (no heated track surface, don't have a gas company to keep it heated). More pit paving and more Permenant pit facilities. IHRA is holding the July long weekend 2006 for a National Event. The track will be cut and smoothed the same as Bud Park.

Oval track will see a complete resurface, complete paving of pits and a inside wall around the track. A NASCAR spec hot pit lane will be paved around from turn 3 to turn 2 with entrance and exit to pits on back straight.
Upgraded grandstands and provisional seating for up to 30000 seats for a large NASCAR event for 2007. The oval will be NASCAR sanctioned and will develop a Dodge Weekly Series class. Current negotiations are for a Truck race or Western Grand National event.

Road course will see pavement and curb improvements and a possible 36 car hot pit on the back straight.

These improvements will be completed in stages, drag strip for 2006 and oval and road course for 2007. With further plans for corporate suites, Indy type scoring tower for oval and complete paving of all pit areas.

Contact information if interested in investing in what will be the top racing facility in Canada.

Please contact if legitament (sofisticated) investor and would like a copy of Executive summary and investment proposal.

Wayne Logan
Lawyer/Trade Mark Agent
Field LLP
1900, 350 - 7th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3N9
Phone: (403) 260-8523 Fax: (403) 266-4466
Email: [email protected]

Please contact if interested in investing at a lower level then 100,000 share unit. I have contacts like yourself that can form a investment company to consolidate funds to purchase a unit.

Rome Awde
President
RPM Race Management Inc.
22 West McDonald Place
Cochrane, AB T4C 1L8
403-801-0936
[email protected]

Media will be contacted directly, when letter of intent is firm and media anouncments prepared. Please do not contact the above for general information. You may email general questions to [email protected]

kenny
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Nice! Hopefully everything goes through and the facility is upgraded. :thumbsup:

Melinda
06-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah it's nice to see that they're selling it instead of shutting it down (which was talked about off and on, I believe) It badly needs the upgrades so it sounds like this will be very good!

BerserkerCatSplat
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Thank goodness. Does this mean that Art will no longer be running the track?

Hmm, I wonder how this will affect the new track being built in Rimby.

rmk
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Good news. The new upgrades along with fresh ideas are long overdue.

b_t
06-16-2005, 11:46 AM
wow I should buy some shares... starting at $1 a share it would be really hard to lose a lot of money, plus then I get to call myself a part-owner and have a say in everything that happens :D

JAYMEZ
06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
That god someone is buying this track , I cant wait for the upgrades , but with the upgrades means alot of downtime.

RickDaTuner
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
yeah im deff gonna buy some shares.. who knows mabey ZYou could get your own personal storage or work bay on site..

but i think that the road track needs to be reworked ad a few more corners, a couple of risers.. make it more interesting... oh and longer, who knows it might atract the attention of othe more well known motorsports. Its unfortunate that here in North America more enphasis is placed on the drag rather than on the road course

Phy
06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
You share-buyin' guys... now I'm no trader but does "minimum 100,000 share unit" mean anything?

Moonracer
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
If I read correctly you have to buy 100,000 shares to buy in. If you can't afford that much you can consolidate with several other buyers to come up with the 100k???

But anyway it's great news if it all happens. :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
06-16-2005, 12:28 PM
^^^ Nope :bigpimp:

RickDaTuner
06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
haha aww darn.. dont think i would want to invest that much in shares...darn my skim reading abilities

ken-gsr
06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
sweet, glad to hear that it is still going to be around!

BerserkerCatSplat
06-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Please contact if interested in investing at a lower level then 100,000 share unit. I have contacts like yourself that can form a investment company to consolidate funds to purchase a unit.

So, it is possible to go in as part of a group.

TheBenzo
06-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Minimum buy in is $100,000 @ 1.00 per share. I just talked with Rome Awde for about 20 minutes.. Told me they are talking with NASCAR about hosting an event... so the oval will be completely redone, they have a date booked for a FULL IHRA national event.. They are re finishing the track to meet IHRA standards.. ie extending shut down, repaved and concreting out to 700 feet from the launch pad. They will be bringing on a whole new marketing and promo team as well as new management. They will be keeping lynn church on board and I believe the rest of the management will be packing their bags.

Personally I believe promotions and some big shows will be the key to the success of this investment.

I have been emailed some prospectus and other documents relating to this purchase and proposal.. if anyone would like a copy, please let me know.

TheBenzo
06-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

So, it is possible to go in as part of a group. YEs, he said that there will be 50 offerings and people can go in as an investment group or club.

fast95pony
06-16-2005, 01:34 PM
Exellent news !! :thumbsup:

sputnik
06-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^^ Nope :bigpimp:

You could probably get a group of people together and incorporate yourselves. Then you could purchase a block of 100,000 shares as a single entity with fractional ownership to the individual investors.

b_t
06-16-2005, 09:03 PM
I was actually talking about the second contact, right beneath the first guy mentioning 100,000 shares the second guy says he will take care of it if you wish to invest in a block of shares smaller then 100,000, so I was probably going to go through him and buy a few thousand... just enough to be taken seriously :D

pressure_ratio
06-17-2005, 02:51 AM
It would be really nice to see some bigger events being held on the roadcourse.Speed world challenge or a grand-am event would be awesome!Unfortunatly as mentioned above so much of the emphasis is put on the oval and strip.I guess those are the big money makers though.

VetteRacin
06-17-2005, 07:19 AM
that's awsome, should be nice to see a few upgrades

m10-power
06-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo
Told me they are talking with NASCAR about hosting an event... so the oval will be completely redone

That is pretty humourous, have you seen the oval? unless they plan on having the road course in the centre of this new oval with seating for 100k+ people the only talking NASCAR would be doing is between laughing and knee slapping...

Canmorite
06-17-2005, 10:36 PM
This is awesome to hear. If I had spare cash, I would definitely invest. I'm not at the minimum though.

koopkoop2
06-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo
Minimum buy in is $100,000 @ 1.00 per share. I just talked with Rome Awde for about 20 minutes.. Told me they are talking with NASCAR about hosting an event... so the oval will be completely redone, they have a date booked for a FULL IHRA national event.. They are re finishing the track to meet IHRA standards.. ie extending shut down, repaved and concreting out to 700 feet from the launch pad. They will be bringing on a whole new marketing and promo team as well as new management. They will be keeping lynn church on board and I believe the rest of the management will be packing their bags.

Personally I believe promotions and some big shows will be the key to the success of this investment.

I have been emailed some prospectus and other documents relating to this purchase and proposal.. if anyone would like a copy, please let me know.

I would be interested in seeing those documents. My e-mail is in your PM.