PDA

View Full Version : darn Supras !!

FastFord
06-16-2005, 11:00 PM
just been downloading some racing videos and came across some supra vs everything videos. yeah it lost to the maclearn f1 as expected but they seem to compete the supra with the fastest cars.

yeah I think I am going to sell my 1978 Mustang and buy a late third or forth generation supra, they seem to go for like 48 grand though for a 10 year old car? ? ? I just amazed how much horse power and torqe these cars have. I asked a domestic mechanic about the supras he said anything toyota is the way to go.

dam 6 bangers are so tough. yeah I was little spectacle, being a American Muscle Car fan, I am just :barf: with what these american cars are coming out with. a 4 door charger? targeting the mustangs to woman??

my sister in law drives a camry since new about 12 years ago, she just changes the oil and regular things, her husband only will allow her them to buy toyotas, I thought that was exterme but I can understand now.

i wish ford and gm would improve quality. maybe even dodge, that would be nice. if I pulled up in a supra in an american muscle car meet I wonder what people would think. :thumbsup:

pressure_ratio
06-17-2005, 02:40 AM
let them think what they want till your "rice burner" kicks their ass.A 2jz can crank out over 400 hp without ever pulling off the valve cover.Lets see a SBC do that!I used t be a die hard muscle car fan too so I'm not just giving an uneducated opinion.

b_t
06-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio
let them think what they want till your "rice burner" kicks their ass.A 2jz can crank out over 400 hp without ever pulling off the valve cover.Lets see a SBC do that!I used t be a die hard muscle car fan too so I'm not just giving an uneducated opinion.

I'll take you up on that challenge. not sure if I could hit 400hp, but I could come close.
for the price of a Supra, if you already know how to work on a muscle car why would you ditch that and relearn everything? for $48000 I could start with an older Camaro, probably an early 2nd gen since they weigh a lot less then the Supra even with a big block in them, put in a 383, convert it to fuel injection with a Megasquirt, and twin turbo it, boost 8psi and make over 1,200 horsepower, and have change left over to spend on a 6-speed out of a late model Camaro, and some nice rims and tires to help with the traction situation.
but supras are tough competition in any case. they have a really nice transmission and an extremely solid motor, and handle really well. but, I would not think that just because Toyota has an excellent reputation today that means the Supras built over ten years ago are still going to be reliable cars, especially if you tune them up.

finboy
06-17-2005, 10:01 AM
wait until 2008 and you can import a 4th gen supra for about 1/4 of that (so i've been told by an importer)

JCX
06-17-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh yay! I sense another 18 page flame fest.

Cliff notes on Supra :
- They are expensive for an older car.
- They can be made decently quick pretty easily.
- The engine is very stout.
- The faster you go the more expensive the mods become.
- They aren't the only way to go fast.
- Many people here ride around on the Supra bandwagon.

schurchill39
06-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JCX

Please not another one of these

Loose
06-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio
A 2jz can crank out over 400 hp without ever pulling off the valve cover.

You haven't been to the Chevy dealer lately, have you.

gen2teggy
06-17-2005, 03:31 PM
i ride the bus

b_t
06-17-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by JCX

I've already put in my first and last word and promise to never have another supra vs viper thread again in my life ;)

SUPRAPHAT
06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
All I'm going to say on this topic is that anyone who doubts the power of Supras is a fucking moron.

Muscle cars can be done for a lot cheaper but they are not half as fun to build, I've done the muscle car thing(Mustang) and parts were so cheap and readily available that it just wasn't as fun.

Supras have been my specialty for over 5 years now and I don't see myself giving them up for anything for quite a while.

I'm sure there are cars out there in other peoples opinions that can be done up for cheaper or whatever but I guarentee you they are not as fun to work on or drive, atleast in my opinion.

Jason

b_t
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
must not say anything to provoke anyone
...my willpower is failing

personally I love the huge amount of parts available for muscle cars. I like being able to put my own individual stamp on absolutely every aspect of the build-up by choosing the components and brands I like the most. but this all opinions, so please, nobody take a side, and everybody let this thread die quietly.

ACX
06-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by FastFord

my sister in law drives a camry since new about 12 years ago, she just changes the oil and regular things, her husband only will allow her them to buy toyotas, I thought that was exterme but I can understand now.

yeah I think I am going to sell my 1978 Mustang and buy a late third or forth generation supra, they seem to go for like 48 grand though for a 10 year old car? ? ? I just amazed how much horse power and torqe these cars have. I asked a domestic mechanic about the supras he said anything toyota is the way to go.

i wish ford and gm would improve quality. maybe even dodge, that would be nice. if I pulled up in a supra in an american muscle car meet I wonder what people would think. :thumbsup:

seemingly mindless rant, I'm surprised your ADD didn't kick in before you finished and prompt you to go chase a butterfly.

You drive a pinto stang and you suppose to go out and spend what 40-50k on a mark 4 turbo supra. Good luck.

comparing an aging pseudo supercar to the replacement for the intrepid.. great work. I wish my dad drove a 14 second family car when I was a, kid for one.

If you pulled up to an american msucle meet in a mark Iv people would probably think a combo of:

-Nice car, probably fast
-Wonder if he's an asshole or not
-Wonder how many nut swingers who came on the bus (or in their 78 pintostangs) will go camp by it.

p.s. charlie's angels called. they want their ride back.

http://www.adclassix.com/images/78mustangcobra.jpg

:whocares:

A790
06-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by ACX

seemingly mindless rant, I'm surprised your ADD didn't kick in before you finished and prompt you to go chase a butterfly.

You drive a pinto stang and you suppose to go out and spend what 40-50k on a mark 4 turbo supra. Good luck.

comparing an aging pseudo supercar to the replacement for the intrepid.. great work. I wish my dad drove a 14 second family car when I was a, kid for one.

If you pulled up to an american msucle meet in a mark Iv people would probably think a combo of:

-Nice car, probably fast
-Wonder if he's an asshole or not
-Wonder how many nut swingers who came on the bus (or in their 78 pintostangs) will go camp by it.

p.s. charlie's angels called. they want their ride back.

:whocares:

Way to be a fuck, seriously.

You must have the biggest stick in your ass to post some lame response like that.

Who the fuck are you to know his financial situation? Maybe he can fucking afford it. Just because you can't doesn't mean other people are in the same situation as you. Shut the fuck up.

Leave him alone and let him buy his car. Congratulations on being a jack-ass.

SteveMo600
06-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by A790

You must have the biggest stick in your ass to post some lame response like that.

Who the fuck are you to know his financial situation? Maybe he can fucking afford it. Just because you can't doesn't mean other people are in the same situation as you. Shut the fuck up.

Agreed. That was the lamest response to a post that I have ever seen. Learn how to contribute to a forum, not cut people down. Fuck off.

ACX
06-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by A790

Cable internet in a van down by the river is nice.

Speaking which cry me a river. This board is hilarious. You get a guyin one post making anti semitic comments, and the nut swingers here come in to his rescue.

Now people get all uppity at this. My contribution to this forum is no more or less relevant thatn some guy who feels the need to post a rambling incoherent pile of words about how a supra is the bomb, american cars suck and whatever else he's thinking at the same time.

Get the sand out of your vagina and have a nice day.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :english:

Originally posted by SteveMo600

Agreed. That was the lamest response to a post that I have ever seen. Learn how to contribute to a forum, not cut people down. Fuck off.

As above, thug.

Unplug the internet and go breakdance, or ignore me or you know, have a great day.

962 kid
06-18-2005, 01:04 PM
lame thread, retarded replies, ACX is a first class chump..

:closed:

ACX
06-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
lame thread, retarded replies, ACX is a first class chump..

:closed:

I'll be carrying that around with me all weekend :zzz:

Phuqu
06-18-2005, 02:48 PM
ACX

Your gay.

Probably drive something gay like a Subaru Brat.

JAYMEZ
06-18-2005, 03:00 PM
^^ Way to add your input Phuqu...

So why are we fighting a pointless battle? Supras are nice cars , muscle cars are nice cars , to each there own.. End of story..

If you guys want to do personal attacks , PM each other.

MK3HKS
06-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^ Way to add your input Phuqu...

So why are we fighting a pointless battle? Supras are nice cars , muscle cars are nice cars , to each there own.. End of story..

If you guys want to do personal attacks , PM each other.

:werd:
ive been seeing this kinda shit ever since i joined this forum, its never gonna stop cuz of these newbs who could care less because they dont know 1 person on this forum and think no1 knows them so they just get lippy to every1 :guns:

when i signed up it wasnt as much, but now its gettin tooo much, i use to be on this forum for about 2 hours each day, but now i barely go on cuz of these fucks who like to get lippy behind their monitor. i think the mods should be more harsh on these fools:dunno:

IMO: i would take the supra over a nice muscle car, just the same way i would take a super sport bike over a harley, i dunno bout u guys but i dont just want a car with a good 1/4 mile time, i want all around performance like handling, braking etc.. thats the main reason i would take a supra over a muscle car :thumbsup:

schurchill39
06-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I think Jaymez_STi said it best

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

So why are we fighting a pointless battle? Supras are nice cars , muscle cars are nice cars , to each their own .. End of story..

***took the words right out of my mouth***