PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to replace quater panels?

cressida_pimpin
06-17-2005, 09:47 AM
anyone here know how to replace quarter panels on a 1991 accord 2 door? just need a few tips
thanks

TaiChino
06-17-2005, 10:10 AM
cut and weld! :cry:

cressida_pimpin
06-17-2005, 10:25 AM
so basically i have to cut the whole old one out and weld in a new peice? shit. ne one know where i can rent a mig or a tig

sputnik
06-17-2005, 10:45 AM
if you dont know how to weld... you probably shouldnt be attempting to do it yourself.

cressida_pimpin
06-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
if you dont know how to weld... you probably shouldnt be attempting to do it yourself.

thanks for assuming that.:thumbsup: r u an idiot? if i was asking for tips on how to replace a quarterpanel i think i would know how to weld

AllGoNoShow
06-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Don't be a dick, not alot of people on here know how to weld.

But buy the new piece before you do anything, that way you can size it up and figure out if your going to be cutting the sheet metal or drilling the pinch welds and welding right back into place etc.. etc..

Pinch welds = nice because you don't have to mate the surfaces and its a full panel, but the alignment has to be perfect for it to seem right.

Sheet metal = nice because you just cut what your replacing, then grind and weld, but it takes more fine work on getting those 2 surfaces to mate smooth so when you paint again it looks normal.