PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a Receipt?

5hift
06-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Not sure where this kind of thread should go

But about 3 months ago I purchased some Silverstars for my car. I had no problems with them until now and one of them just burned out. I have the packaging it came in but I cant seem to find the receipt. Would Canadian tire deal with this or would sylvania be responsible for this now.

xDiMSuMx
06-18-2005, 09:44 AM
i don't think either place will help you

cdn tire just gives a regular receipt so they won't have it in their computers to look up

without receipt, sylvania wouldn't know when you bought the bulbs

Thaco
06-18-2005, 09:48 AM
just goi buy another one and return this one for a cash refund with the recipt from the new one.... just tell them this one didn't work so you went with another brand.

abyss
06-18-2005, 11:11 AM
^^ either that, or if you can remember the day and how you paid and which store you go thtem at, CT can look up reciepts off their servers by product number. If you don't have packaging you'll have to tell them it doesn't work. They're a scrap coded item, so they won't question it. But they won't give you cash back, so you'll either have to exchange or get an instore credit.

benyl
06-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
just goi buy another one and return this one for a cash refund with the recipt from the new one.... just tell them this one didn't work so you went with another brand.

wow, that is ethical.

ZorroAMG
06-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by benyl

wow, that is ethical.

Thaco
Neutral

:rofl: :rofl:

abyss
06-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Thaco

actually, if you do it that way, you'll still be out the money, cause you'll have to buy a new set to get the reciept. You can't use a reciept for a return twice as CT either keeps them or marks that they've been returned. Your best bet is to get a printoff from their servers.

5hift
06-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah im not trying to get my cash back. Its not even a big deal, a new bulb is only like 25 bucks. I just was wondering if I went in with just the packaging and the faultly bulb, would I be able to get a replacement bulb.

lastprodigy
06-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Thaco
Neutral

:nut: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

best line EVARRR....you are a genious

schurchill39
06-18-2005, 01:04 PM
i dont get it:confused:

Impreza
06-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39

:rofl: :banghead:

BlueGoblin
06-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39

Imagine it said instead of N.E. Calgary, The flats, Medicine Hat, or Redcliff....

lostincleavage
06-18-2005, 06:41 PM
I still don't get it

90awdwagovan.
06-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Zorro is trying to point out the correlation between where thaco lives and his comment on falsly returning an item... I don't know whats more retarted, him or you. Nobody should have to point out that calgarys N.E is perceived as ghetto.... it's obvious in the text.

and sorry to say khali.. but 3 months is about the average life of those silvania stuperstars...atleast in my experience.

Hakkola
06-18-2005, 09:07 PM
If you paid with credit card or debit, then all you have to do is have a copy showing the date, and transaction number and location.

EK 2.0
06-18-2005, 09:09 PM

Thaco
Neutral

HEY MULTI-GRAIN CRACKAH...

I am calling you out...I live in the N.E., dang it Zorro...haha...

Thaco
06-18-2005, 10:57 PM
you guys are all such social whores, just follow society, if you werent such close minded assholes you would go for a drive through the NE and find out there are A LOT of NEW and "upper class" neighbourhoods...

i swear you people must all be like 12, with the way some of you act.

and if the guys return period was 90 days then it would not be unethical to do as i suggested as it would still be a perfectly legal compaint and return as it did not last the warrenty length, just because you lose a peice of paper means you should not get what you "thought" you paid for, thats BS.

there i changed my location and it is a bullshit lie, do i get more credability now because you can all assume my parents are rich? morons.

Hakkola
06-18-2005, 11:19 PM
LOL, shit, I pm'd you seeing it said pumphill in your location asking your name, I didn't read this whole thread earlier and didn't notice, thought I might know you.

I used to have pumphill in my location and took it out, stupid to advertise where you live.

People will bitch about where you live whether it's pump hill or forest lawn.

Toms-SC
06-19-2005, 01:29 AM
IL +1

haha

BebeAphrodite
06-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola

I used to have pumphill in my location and took it out, stupid to advertise where you live.

would u happen to live in one of the super cool homes there?

5hift
06-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 90awdwagovan.

and sorry to say khali.. but 3 months is about the average life of those silvania stuperstars...atleast in my experience.

I was under the impression they would last longer than stock bulbs for sure. Has everyone else found them to not last too long as well?

Thaco
06-19-2005, 09:14 AM
i have had a set of silverstars in my car for about a year now, i think 1 year is the life expectancy of silverstars, i put cylvania cool blues in my wifes car when i was uneducated, they have lasted like 3 years so far, i am quote impressed by them, they are not blue, and not as bright as silverstars, but they last much longer.

lastprodigy
06-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

TheBenzo
06-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Hakkola
06-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

would u happen to live in one of the super cool homes there?

I actually live out of my car, I just park in Pumphill so I can say I live there. :bigpimp: ;)

I guess my house is cool... :dunno:
I like the houses, but a lot of my neighbours are dicks.

5hift
06-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Implying someone is ghetto or questioning their ethics just because they live in the NE is pretty imature. I used to live in Pineridge as a child, but now I live out in Springbank. Does that make me an unethical law breaking product of the "hood" as well? Some of the houses in the newer areas of the NE are bigger than the houses out on acreages in Springbank, and I know tons of people in the NE that could buy and sell the asses of the Beyonders talking down to people from the NE for being ghetto.

Yes the NE might have some poor areas, a lot of immigrants and higher levels of crime. But having lived in both the SW and NE, I would move back to the NE as soon as I got a chance. Why? It isnt full of fake valley kids who think they are better than others because of the part of the city they live in or the car they drive.

ZorroAMG
06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Holy fuck, kids it was a joke. Yes, I'm sorry the NE is the new Mount Royal. There. Feel better?

:rolleyes: :rofl:

t-im
06-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Khali
Some of the houses in the newer areas of the NE are bigger than the houses out on acreages in Springbank

thats irrelevant - just because they're bigger does it mean they are worth as much?

Yes, I'm sorry the NE is the new Mount Royal. There. Feel better?

:rolleyes: :rofl:

haha :D :clap:

some people need to calm down haha

Obscura
06-20-2005, 10:35 PM
:drama:

anyways.... I seem to only get about 4-6 months from Silverstars:dunno:

I just keep the reciepts and CT always replaces them with new ones. Just to be on the safe side I always return them in pairs and they have always replaced both.