PDA

View Full Version : Nice wheels and wheel locks

bigbadboss101
06-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Do all of you who have nice rims use wheel locks? I have heard stories of people who went into a movie coming out to find their wheels gone. For wheel locks, any Canadian tires stuff would do, or do you go with something else?

BlackArcher101
06-18-2005, 05:16 PM
If they have the time, they can steal the wheels with locks on em.

Only thing they are good for is deterence. If they see 2 cars, both with nice rims, and one with locks and one without, they would probably go for the one without.

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Locks help, but they can be removed if they really want your car, although it does help, alot.

This should probbaly be in the wheel/tire selection.

Are you in any hurry to get them?

tirebob
06-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Locks only keep out honest people...

It is a visual deterent against some punk kid who sees your rims and has an idea he might like them, but they usually aren't the ones jacking your rims. A good thief (or even a slightly mediocre one) can get past locks without any problem. These day, they tend to just take to entire car and chop it in a shop later, at which points locks are nothing...

If you park out on the street at night, sure it is not a bad idea to have locks just as one more little inconvenience that you hop will be enough to cause a bad thief to move onto a different car, but if you park in a relatively secure or public area, locks are not going to be of utmost importance...

bigbadboss101
06-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey Bob, good to see someoe from CMS :-). I park in my garage, but when I am out and parked in public someone can still try to take the wheels even with people around. People don't necessarily respond to auto alarm going off, and when we see someone taking off wheel often we don't really thing much about it.

Most of the cars out there are worth more than mine, but the wheels are nice, and the car is shiny which attract attention. I don't think I should worry too much about it. Just be wise about how long and where to park while I am out and about.

93hustler
09-03-2005, 04:28 PM
A good car alarm helps too.

Weapon_R
09-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I think a good set of wheel locks is the best deterrent to protect your wheels. It is VERY hard to remove a set of lock nuts from a vehicle without making a lot of noise and taking a lot of time in the process.

Of course, if they take your whole car, there isn't much you can do about that :D