PDA

View Full Version : RWD Del sol Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Primer_Drift
06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Maybe I should have started a thread for this :P instead of whoring up the engine bay thread.
Heres my Honda-tech thread (http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?&id=1266033&postid=16157927#16157927) , for those who want some background information on the project.

Originally posted by 88CRX
that del sol is sick :thumbsup: are you doing all the work yourself?

Yep, minus building the shortblock. Its far to dirty in my garage at the moment to assemble an engine.

Originally posted by JordanEG6
shit mang, that del sol is going to haul some serious ass....to the REAR WHEELS hahaha. props to you buddy :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks man, maybe now I will get some traction too :devil:

Originally posted by crazydave

:eek: :eek: :eek: :drool: nice work!!!!!
just missing some parts perhaps?;)
:burnout:

Haha I am missing a lot of parts for this project, a seemingly never ending list of things to get and finish on this thing

Heres a few pics:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_001.jpg
^^
Donor civic
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_190.jpg
^^
Frame jig
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_016.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_169.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_240.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_310.jpg

Any questions or comments would be appreciated, Thanks!

-Scott

gen2teggy
06-18-2005, 01:33 PM
wow

keep up the great work

90awdwagovan.
06-18-2005, 01:38 PM
what sort of experience do you have in the field of fabrication?

turbo'dGSR
06-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow thats an awesome job man, looks like you've spent alot of time on that car. That'll be so fun once it is complete!!
Props to you:thumbsup:

Primer_Drift
06-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 90awdwagovan.
what sort of experience do you have in the field of fabrication?

9 months of building this thing lol

Good question,
Actually, most of what I know I was taught by my father, who was a welder for 20 years. Sadly he passed away in 2002, so I have a friend who was in fabrication to consult with on the project.

Every step of the project was thought through up to this point in great extent. Before anything was made physically, it was just an idea put down to paper, measurements and clearances taken. It is the most time consuming part of the project. The actual fabrication is fairly straight forward after that.

90awdwagovan.
06-18-2005, 01:58 PM
also.... are you gona tube the front end? like the other black RWD delsol? or perhaps are you going to keep the stock engine in the front..... twin engine awd perhaps?

Will@STRD
06-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Nice work Scott!!:clap:

BerserkerCatSplat
06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Wow, that looks to be quite the time-consuming project!

A mid-engined RWD Del Sol...Cool!

paulsaddress5
06-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Are you using a tig or a mig? props on the build, really is amazing.

dj_honda
06-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

9 months of building this thing lol

Good question,
Actually, most of what I know I was taught by my father, who was a welder for 20 years. Sadly he passed away in 2002, so I have a friend who was in fabrication to consult with on the project.

Every step of the project was thought through up to this point in great extent. Before anything was made physically, it was just an idea put down to paper, measurements and clearances taken. It is the most time consuming part of the project. The actual fabrication is fairly straight forward after that.

thats awesome man. i can't wait admire it on the streets!

Primer_Drift
06-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by paulsaddress5
Are you using a tig or a mig? props on the build, really is amazing.
Its all been mig welded (225V lincoln/clarke), both for cost of consumables and thickness of materials welded. I'm in the market for a tig to learn with though. The mig absolutely sucked for welding the plate steel to the strut towers, the metal there is paper thin.

90awdwagovan-
No definative plans for the front yet, anything is possible ;)

Thanks everyone for your questions and comments! I appreciate the enthusiasm with which my labors have been recieved :thumbsup:

962 kid
06-19-2005, 01:33 AM
huge props! that shift linkage is H-core. engine is looking good to, saw it a little while ago at precise... can't wait to see it all together

nismodrifter
06-19-2005, 01:45 AM
can't wait to see this thing done, hawt hawt

finboy
06-19-2005, 02:08 AM
looks good, wondering why you wouldn't jsut get an mr2 though?

Primer_Drift
06-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid
huge props! that shift linkage is H-core. engine is looking good to, saw it a little while ago at precise... can't wait to see it all together

Thanks! I think I will go bug Peter at Precise on monday, see how long its going to be :D

Originally posted by finboy
looks good, wondering why you wouldn't jsut get an mr2 though?

Well for one its a challenging, to make it uniquely different and I enjoy the work. Its one thing to buy something for what it is, an entirely different to build something yourself for you think it could be.:burnout:

GQBalla
06-19-2005, 11:39 AM
wow this is goin to be crazy!!!!

are you goin to turn the hood into a trunk now like a mr2??

LudeRoca
06-19-2005, 11:46 AM
props to u man. I bet every honda guy on here wishes their car was rwd. ive seen lots of threads about people talkin about it. I hope everything works out awsome for ya. :thumbsup:

Primer_Drift
06-21-2005, 12:20 AM
Got to roll it out for the first time in weeks, took a few pics of how it sits with the new coils.

Dropped.. close to stock height anyways ;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_370.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_371c.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_380.jpg

rage2
06-21-2005, 12:31 AM
This is an amazing project. Keep up the good work and keep us updated!

legendboy
06-21-2005, 08:02 AM
holy cow i never even read this thread till now! keep us all updated!

90_Shelby
06-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Dual engine? or just Rear engine? I know of someone who's working on a high powered dual engine setup.......... Thats exactly how it's going to be done aswell, front suspension, K member the works, cut and weld into the hatch. Great Job!!

topher91
06-21-2005, 08:21 AM
that's just awesome!! As a previous delsol owner this makes me super excited!!! hehehe :thumbsup:

if your looking for more resources, visit www.solsociety.com they have lots of info there for del sol owners too!!

Good Luck and keep us posted!!

e_racer
06-21-2005, 08:35 AM
WOW your Insane ! lol I meant that in a good way. Please post pics once you get some futher progress.

brandon
06-21-2005, 08:55 AM
amazing!! good work!

b_t
06-21-2005, 09:11 AM

Well for one its a challenging, to make it uniquely different and I enjoy the work. Its one thing to buy something for what it is, an entirely different to build something yourself for you think it could be.:burnout:

now that's a great attitude to have :D really it is! no jokes
project looks amazing man! keep up the good work :D

Primer_Drift
06-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Thank you for such positive and enthusiastic comments! Feel free to ask any questions, I will definetly keep updating this thread as I progress :thumbsup:

88CRX
06-21-2005, 12:29 PM
whens the eta for completion? cause i wanna see this in person :D

Skyline_Addict
06-21-2005, 12:40 PM
good luck with the completion dude. it'll be worthwhile!

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Not sure what to say - other than wow. Pretty cool project, best of luck with it and hopefully things work out well for you! Keep us all updated, a RWD Sol from Calgary is pretty cool.

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 12:49 PM
By the way, why have you not painted the engine bay before you fabricated? Do you intend on keeping it green? If not, you should get that done before anything else as its a lot harder to paint a bay with an engine in there...

Primer_Drift
06-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
By the way, why have you not painted the engine bay before you fabricated? Do you intend on keeping it green? If not, you should get that done before anything else as its a lot harder to paint a bay with an engine in there...

Good question, long story involved for that one though..

The car was originally samba green:barf:. It was repainted (poorly) by a certain autobody shop, that failed to complete the entire paintjob before the shop changed ownership. There was a verbal agreement with the owner to complete the work, plus a small written agreement that was only with him, not his shop. He has since left the country (no joke) leaving me S.O.L. The new owner was nice enough to offer to paint it at cost, but I am dissatisfied with the paint job in general and will not be returning the car to them for completion/repaint.

That is the main reason the car is not one color. Secondly, the fabrication requires I take the paint off down to bare metal to weld it properly. Welding sparks, metalic dust and other fabrication hazards are very hard on the paint, it will need to be repainted once all the fabrication is complete. Everything will be removed for undercoating and paint in due time :)

racin_jayson
06-28-2005, 10:48 PM
my god What an undertaking! Sooooo impressive...good for you man......only one question? How do you think your handling will be affected......cuz no doubt it will be

Primer_Drift
06-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Well for starters, if I were to just throw the engine in the back and not alter the stock spring rates I know the car would have awful understeer. Add also the extra weight in the back and it would make for a very twitchy unresponsive car. Thankfully I am not leaving it stock and will continue to improve on it as time progresses.

Spring rates are generally higher in the rear with mid-engine vehicles. I believe this allows for greater front deflection, and more wieght transfer to the front of the car under braking load when entering a corner (MR owners feel free to correct me if I am wrong here ;) ). No doubt the feel of the car will be greatly changed by moving the engine to the rear. I cannot say for certain how it will handle, but it will definetly require a change in driving style.

I have increased the spring rates and added adjustable shocks to help control them. Spring rate at the rear is quite a bit higher than the fronts now. Hopefully ,we will see sometime this summer how it handles! :D

Thanks for the great question!
-Scott

sabad66
06-28-2005, 11:18 PM
I've always wondered what would be involved in converting a FWD Honda to RWD. In the future I hope to do this exact same thing to a 5th gen Prelude. Maybe i'll give you a call in 5 years:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Well for starters, if I were to just throw the engine in the back and not alter the stock spring rates I know the car would have awful understeer. Add also the extra weight in the back and it would make for a very twitchy unresponsive car. Thankfully I am not leaving it stock and will continue to improve on it as time progresses.

Spring rates are generally higher in the rear with mid-engine vehicles. I believe this allows for greater front deflection, and more wieght transfer to the front of the car under braking load when entering a corner (MR owners feel free to correct me if I am wrong here ;) ). No doubt the feel of the car will be greatly changed by moving the engine to the rear. I cannot say for certain how it will handle, but it will definetly require a change in driving style.

I have increased the spring rates and added adjustable shocks to help control them. Spring rate at the rear is quite a bit higher than the fronts now. Hopefully ,we will see sometime this summer how it handles! :D

Thanks for the great question!
-Scott

Oh damn I kept seeing this thread getting bumped but just saw Del Sol and not the RWD part so I never payed any attention to it no offense. Dude this is crazy congrats on the job so far.

Anyways the rear spring rates on mr cars is usually about 2:1 for a performance application in other words the rears shoudl be around twice as stiff as the fronts. Some sort of X shaped rear strut brace might also be a good idea.

One question, where is the gas tank going?

88CRX
06-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I think on honda tech he was saying right behind the rear bumper :eek:

reinforced and all but still :eek:

Primer_Drift
06-29-2005, 01:01 AM

Oh damn I kept seeing this thread getting bumped but just saw Del Sol and not the RWD part so I never payed any attention to it no offense. Dude this is crazy congrats on the job so far.

Anyways the rear spring rates on mr cars is usually about 2:1 for a performance application in other words the rears shoudl be around twice as stiff as the fronts. Some sort of X shaped rear strut brace might also be a good idea.

Thanks for the info, and that rear strut X-brace sounds like a great idea :D

As 88CRX said, it will be like this (below) but a bit lower, caged and firewalled. It surprises me that people are so worried about its position when many stock locations can be just as bad if not worse. I will take every precaution I can to make this vehicle safe, however I must work withen the confines of the space I am given.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_363.jpg

I'll update again when I get some more progress done with the wiring... its kicking my butt at the moment :P

ex1z7
06-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Wow.

I thought you were the same guy who had the SR20 delsol.. thought you were throwing a nissan engine in it.. /that'd be some work.../

Lookin' damn good so far. Great job :)

Primer_Drift
07-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ex1z7
Wow.

I thought you were the same guy who had the SR20 delsol.. thought you were throwing a nissan engine in it.. /that'd be some work.../

Lookin' damn good so far. Great job :)

Thanks!
The owner of the SR20 Sol lives in Ontario somewhere, his is running now apparently.

Update pics coming soon, heres one of my new radiator
:bigpimp:
I'm pretty sure I could drive through Hell/Kamloops BC and not overheat with this thing..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_479.jpg

88CRX
07-10-2005, 11:32 PM
dumb questions.... running coolant from the front to back...... just a big ass water pump or what?

what do most mid engine cars do?

Primer_Drift
07-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Thats a good question actually.. Most mid engine cars with rads up front run an engine driven water pump. In my case I'll be using a 55 gallon per minute electric pump. Coolant will be routed via aluminum tubing to the rear.

habsfan
07-12-2005, 07:12 PM
wow just skimmed through your H-T thread, very impressive work on everything, really diggin the home made CF vent. not sure if i just missed this somewhere, or if it hasnt been covered, but im wondering about the details on the engine, and turbo specs. good work :clap: :clap:

Skyline_Addict
07-12-2005, 09:30 PM
wow, this is incredible! nice work. keep it up.

4doorj
07-12-2005, 11:22 PM
this is cool!! good job man!:love:

1-Bar
07-12-2005, 11:34 PM
holy, where was I for this thread.....simply amazing!! Man, that's a huge FMIC.....errr I mean rad...hahaha....

great job and keep us posted....those pics are looking better and better!!

Hash_man
07-13-2005, 12:05 AM
WOW!!... I can't believe I didnt see this thread before hand... I just saw it now, and I am amazed.

That is quite an undertaking, and is an awesome project. Looks like you are making really good progress so far.
Good luck with the rest of the project, be sure to keep us updated. :drool: :thumbsup: :nut:

Primer_Drift
07-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Thanks for your comments everyone!
My ETA's are never seem to be correct from all the waiting I do for parts. It will be finished, I can promise that much. I'm working on this thing everyday trying to get it done for sometime this summer :D

Originally posted by habsfan
wow just skimmed through your H-T thread, very impressive work on everything, really diggin the home made CF vent. not sure if i just missed this somewhere, or if it hasnt been covered, but im wondering about the details on the engine, and turbo specs. good work :clap: :clap:

Thanks, it was my first attempt at both making molds and carbon fiber.
The block is a built H22a4 with Darton sleeves, Crower rods, JE pistons, pro-drive oil pump gear, ARP head studs and main studs, fully balanced rotating assembly.. the head is mostly stock at the moment except for the stainless valves.
Engine is matched up to a Turbonetics T3/T4, I believe its stage 3 exhaust and a 60A/R compressor with Q trim compressor wheel.. not exactly sure though, its hard to remember LOL

Todays activity - building a radiator support from scratch (not even close to being done)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_490b.jpg

I'll keep updating as I progress, thanks for looking!
:clap:

habsfan
07-13-2005, 04:39 PM
i still cant get over the size of that rad...lol. im excited to see the finished product and the ensuing dyno sheets :bigpimp:

NickyD
07-15-2005, 08:27 AM
:D Nice work man can't wait to see it finished

ricosuave
07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
all i can say is - WOW!:eek:

many have talked about pulling off mad mods like you, but very few see it through.

when its on the road, a beer for you my man.

BTW, what are the insurance implications of somthing like this?

Can you give a ballpark idea of cost so far? (and what youve budgeted the project for?)

rico

Primer_Drift
07-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ricosuave

BTW, what are the insurance implications of somthing like this?

Can you give a ballpark idea of cost so far? (and what youve budgeted the project for?)

rico

I'm fairly certain my insurance wouldn't want to cover it, and I'd need to get it inspected and appraised before they'd cover anything more than PL/PD.

I believe my original estimate was around 2G, however I know I have exceeded that in parts. I have all the reciepts but my attitude now is just to get it done, and add it up at the end. Sometimes its better not to know ;)

habsfan
07-25-2005, 10:12 AM
any updates? :D

Primer_Drift
07-25-2005, 10:51 PM
any updates? :D

A few updates found on H-T (link (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1266033&page=5)) as of 19/7/05, took a little time off for some R&R. Back at it this week though, so I will post an update when I've got something new :D

n1zm0
07-28-2005, 12:39 AM
this is exactly what Honda should have been thinking/doing early 90's after they made the NSX, they should have kept goin. maybe add a turbo errr.. but y'kno them honda engineers and their n/a vtec lovin.

but i'm sure if Honda really wanted to they could build a del sol sized rwd 4-banger.

keep up the hard work, will be very interesting to c the finished product. :thumbsup:

ExRollen
08-10-2005, 12:33 PM
I love the fact that someone had the guts to attempt a project like this, cause I know a lot of us consider doing it, but we're just pussies. You, my man, are the real deal and props to you for your vision and pretty damn good execution on the fab, considering from where you're coming experience-wise. I wish I had a couple of big cojones like you do.:thumbsup:

Primer_Drift
08-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Haha thanks man!
With any luck I should have it rolling by the end of the month:thumbsup:

finboy
08-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Haha thanks man!
With any luck I should have it rolling by the end of the month:thumbsup:

will it make it to the track before snow hits?

Primer_Drift
08-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by finboy

will it make it to the track before snow hits?

Considering our weather lately :dunno:

Heres a list of things to complete to give you an idea of where its at.

pull motors
mount fuel tank and run fuel lines
rear brake hardlines
rear engine firewall
exhaust
water lines
starter wiring
fabricate battery mount
Misc sheetmetal in rear engine bay
prep & primer

I have much more than that planned, but those are the essentials to get it running by the end of the month.

finboy
08-16-2005, 05:18 PM
that is going to be a very busy month, good luck :thumbsup:

habsfan
08-17-2005, 08:59 AM
wow thats alot of work in a month, good luck indeed, but hopefully you can get it done. i would love to see some pics/vids of this thing in action :D

eeseen racing
08-22-2005, 06:33 PM
any progress been done?

Primer_Drift
08-23-2005, 10:43 AM
I'll work on an update here. Last night I figured out how to run the water lines. Finding room is now a big issue. The exhaust is going to be very tricky

So from that list I posted above..

Done

pull motors
mount fuel tank and run fuel lines
water lines

Still to do

rear brake hardlines
rear engine firewall
exhaust
starter wiring
fabricate battery mount
Misc sheetmetal in rear engine bay
prep & primer

EK 2.0
08-23-2005, 10:45 AM
oooooo this thing is gonna be on the roads of the c-spot soon...:burnout:

Good job in not giving up bro...:thumbsup:

habsfan
08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
man if i was living in calgary, i'd be there willing to help every day. but i dont live there. so ya, i cant be there to help. keep on truckin, cant wait to see the pics and hopefully a few vids of er all done

Z24_3.1.
08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
buddy whens this beast gunna be done? how much hp u think gunna be in that thing?

bundi
08-25-2005, 08:23 PM
:hitit:

thats pretty sweet man.... I'm shocked that you could fit all that in there.... have you thought about difficulty of repairs?

Primer_Drift
08-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Z24_3.1.
buddy whens this beast gunna be done? how much hp u think gunna be in that thing?

Soon with a quite a lot of work. :D

Originally posted by bundi

thats pretty sweet man.... I'm shocked that you could fit all that in there.... have you thought about difficulty of repairs?

There is more room in the trunk than there is under the hood suprisingly. Dropping the motor in is a bit of a challenge, but there is lots of room for repairs if need be.

Thanks for your questions and comments guys!
-Scott

cmodem
08-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Great job... pm'd ya :P

Primer_Drift
09-08-2005, 01:36 AM
Thought I'd post up a picture update for those who haven't seen the good parts of the honda-tech thread.

Still working on a collector for this top mount turbo manifold
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_aug002.jpg

Fuel related goodies
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_aug4.jpg

Radiator support progress
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_aug7.jpg

Hydraulic E-brake
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_aug10.jpg

Engine wiring harness completed
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_aug09.jpg

ECU, Main relay, and fusebox wired
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_aug11.jpg

Monday, started cell firewall and fuel lines
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_sept001.jpg

Tonight, got the rear engine bay disassembled and engine out in under 40mins! (thats fast for me :D)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini_august/gemini_sept07.jpg

As always, thank you for your interest in my project:thumbsup:

legendboy
09-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Neato!

how much did the fuel setup cost ya?

86max
09-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Wow.....major props. Can't wait to see this thing done.

Primer_Drift
09-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
Neato!

how much did the fuel setup cost ya?

About 1G for everything, but I got a few good deals too ;)
Believe it or not, the fittings and braided line were the most expensive purchase.

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Where did you source out that hydraulic ebrake? Those things are awesome.

Primer_Drift
09-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Where did you source out that hydraulic ebrake? Those things are awesome.

I fabricated the E-brake myself using two wilwood remote master cylinders. Hopefully I will have the brake hardlines done soon so I can test it out. It should be a huge improvement over a mechanical brake.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_263.jpg
^^blurry pic sorry^^
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/WhiteSol/gemini/gemini_261.jpg

futurecivic
09-08-2005, 11:44 AM
wow im speachless after reading all this and looking at all those pics its come a far ways and looks amazing keep up the great work:eek:

Redlyne_mr2
09-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Shit that ebrake setup is awesome but 2 cylinders!!! how come?

Primer_Drift
09-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Shit that ebrake setup is awesome but 2 cylinders!!! how come?

It is for safety and in part to maintain the cross-diagonal braking balance honda intended. The firewall brake master cylinder has two pistons built into it, each piston serves a front and rear tire. So front left and back right, and front right and back left. Braking power is equalized by the proportioning valve. So I could have used one larger master cylinder with 2 pistons, but instead chose the 2 cylinders for safety:thumbsup:

dooman24
09-10-2005, 03:04 PM
haha that's a sweet project man..
i'd never have the balls to buy an del sol and tare it apart like you did.. haha
sweet project..
haha
next..
you can make an FF MR2! WeEEE!!! LOL

jarvy
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
awesome work:)

Vypros
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, just wow.

Even though I don't know you, let me know if you ever need a hand! I'd love to dig in on this project and lend you a couple extra hands!

civiclvr
09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
somehow i missed this thread.. i don't think it can be said enough how amazing this work it.. i know i couldn't do it.. nor owuld i have the courage to rip apart any car quite like that!
amazing man.. looking forward to seeing it done and on the streets... maybe at a meet?

civicsi
09-14-2005, 01:25 PM

Lol, thats awesome, your Sol has come along way since i last saw it. Keep up the good work, cant wait to see this beast on the street!

Goblin
09-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Sweet work, can't believe i missed this thread.

Come up beside some honda enthusiat at a red light, in their civic with the rims and wing, burn out, and they will be like : "wtf?" hehe :burnout: :nut:

habsfan
09-21-2005, 08:21 PM
is she alive yet?? :D

90Tegra
09-21-2005, 08:45 PM
wow how did i miss this thread. great work man keep it up, if i was in calgary i wouldve loved to come and watch or help out. anyways some guy from down here did a sr20 swap into his delsol heres the link. http://www.1320drag.com/online/showthread.php?p=5394#post5394

Primer_Drift
09-22-2005, 02:28 PM
is she alive yet?? :D

I'll let ya know later today :D:clap:

Originally posted by 90Tegra
wow how did i miss this thread. great work man keep it up, if i was in calgary i wouldve loved to come and watch or help out. anyways some guy from down here did a sr20 swap into his delsol heres the link. http://www.1320drag.com/online/showthread.php?p=5394#post5394

Yeah I've seen that Sol, very impressive swap:thumbsup:

habsfan
09-26-2005, 03:58 PM
soooooo.......update?? :nut:

Primer_Drift
09-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Technically its ready to fire up, everything checked out on my AEM as far as sensors and wiring goes. The goal is to get it ready to drive.. Not much left in that regard - I have to reinstall the dashboard, bolt on my seat and put the front fascia and lights back on and align the hood fenders etc. I was ready to test drive it around my block tonight and it started freaking SNOWING!!! Its supposed to rain tomarrow, but if it stops in the evening I'll make a short video :thumbsup:

topher91
09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Holy crap.....Where do you live. I wanna see this thing!!

:burnout: :thumbsup:

Chris

Primer_Drift
09-29-2005, 03:34 AM
The 5 second Teaser video (http://members.shaw.ca/nibbs333/spy/teaser.mpeg)
:clap: :drool:

jdmakkord
09-29-2005, 08:36 AM
The 5 second Teaser video (http://members.shaw.ca/nibbs333/spy/teaser.mpeg)
:clap: :drool:

That isn't a damn teaser man!!!! Its a teaser for a teaser! lol

Goblin
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Well at least an engine starts.... maybe its not the sols enging... herm :nut:

habsfan
09-29-2005, 08:12 PM
DUDE!! good to see it starts up like nothing, but that aint no teaser it's.....well damn man its such a tease :rofl:

Hash_man
09-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Damn such a teaser, thats awesome man, big props to you... now I wanna see some vids of this thing on the street.

habsfan
10-09-2005, 12:27 PM
there's a disturbing lack of updates lately :confused:

mr.loco
10-09-2005, 04:33 PM
hey:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: if you had to choose mag to be in which would ou want? i perfer pas. u?

Lo)2enz0
10-09-2005, 06:51 PM
what can i say about this car, well its fucking HOT. got the chance to see it on friday. damn it was awsome.

Raz
10-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mr.loco
hey:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: if you had to choose mag to be in which would ou want? i perfer pas. u?

wtf?

Raz
10-09-2005, 07:10 PM
So what is the deal, is this car like.. done? driving? can we see it go sideways yet? :)

- Rasmus

mscboarder69
10-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).