PDA

View Full Version : Chunk taken out of tire, question

schurchill39
06-18-2005, 03:39 PM
last night i was out looking at some of the damage around the city from the big storm with my girlfriend. I drove around the college campus to check if there was anything there and when I went through one puddle there was a sudden bang so I got out of the puddle to check what it was and there was a chunk taken out of the side wall of the front tire. I dont know if it was becasue of a rock or a brick or a pot hole. My question is can I report this to the city/college grounds office (???) like the fellow with the bent rim and have them replace the tire? If so what do I say or who in specific would i contact?

Lo)2enz0
06-18-2005, 03:51 PM
thats why you go around puddles when you see them, just in case something was washed into it. We got $6,000 from the city 2 years ago when my brother crashed his civic. He was driving at night on an unlite street and well he hit a BIG bump which destroyed the car. Call up a registry and see who would be the proper people to contact.

Weapon_R
06-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Driving > you.

2002civic
06-18-2005, 04:37 PM
^hahahhahahhahahahaha:rofl: :drama:

theken
06-18-2005, 05:19 PM
^^hahahahahahaha:werd:

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Driving > you.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :werd:

Boost Infested
06-18-2005, 07:03 PM
let me guess, its not your fault again... "the pot hole jumped out infront of my car." :drama: :rofl:

Kavy
06-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Wow i did almost the same thing but in the process screwed one of my rims, cracked the wheel well and popped a tire. After submitting alot of garbage paperwork to the city i got a whle lot of nothing because the rain was an act of god and sink holes an pot holes do not show negligence by the city. Just a heads up, its worth a try call up the city 268 5443 / 268-2489 thats the road complaint dept and the claims dept. Still have the numbers sitting around from last tuesday when i screwed my car :(

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AllGoNoShow
06-18-2005, 07:11 PM
I wonder if I can get my exhaust replaced because there speedbumps are too big???

Seriously though, you need to go back to driving class I think, everything seems to happen to you or you dont take enough action to avoid it.

EK 2.0
06-18-2005, 08:32 PM
schurchill39, not trying to flame, but I GOTTA say...you have the worst fucking luck behind the wheel bro...please for your safety consider the bus

Weapon_R
06-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
...please for your safety consider the bus

More importantly, for everyone else's safety on the road, consider the bus.

schurchill39
06-18-2005, 10:04 PM
To avoid getting banned by some anal moderator who can only dish but not receive this post has been removed. Instead a PM has been sent to all of you. Enjoy and thanks for the actual help

:closed:

Boost Infested
06-18-2005, 10:12 PM
........ and the..... days..... of our........ lives

schurchill39 wrote on 06-18-2005 10:07 PM:
Seriously fuck all of you. You guys all heard about the weather in Medicine Hat, when a whole road is flooded what the fuck am I supposed to do? Get out and carry the car across? I didnt know going less then 10km through a puddle was me being dangerous or negligent. But let me guess: its my fault, I saw the puddle i should of stoped got out of my car walked through it to make sure nothing was in it then proceed. Best yet back track 3/4 of the way around the building to avoid the situation all together. You guys seriously act like a bunch of fucking grade 2ers. Its not like you've never done anything wrong behind the wheel or have anything happen to you. AllGoNoShow: a driving class is sure gunna help people avoid hidden objects under a puddle isnt it smart guy? Boost infested: your just a plain smart ass. Again i'd like to see you avoid something hidden underwater. You guys tried to flame ME for ME GETTING HIT. That shows all of your maturity right there. So whats gunna happen when i get back from court and I am shown not guilty what so ever for that accident? Are you all gunna eat your words or are you all going to try and find something new to attempt to flame me for. I really like how a place where people can come for automotive related help quickly turns into another place for people to judge and be rude to others. I guess I did have a reason to avoid the beyond booth, because of ass holes like you guys.

Also who wants to bet that i get banned from the board for this or that this post gets removed because non of you like to accept the truth and your going to flex your "super administrative power" to avoid getting the finger pointed right back at you?

schurchill39
06-18-2005, 10:19 PM
And that is what would of got removed any ways. thanks for posting it.

EDITED: To avoid **banning**

AllGoNoShow
06-19-2005, 12:42 AM
And I was about to do the same thing. Here is the break down of that PM you sent everyone.

Driving class, hell yes they teach you shit if you pay attention. Like slowing down from 100km/h to a safer speed when some fuck is swerving around infront of you smoking and you have NO CLUE what he is going to do, get that YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO SO YOU PROTECT YOURSELF AND SLOW THE FUCK DOWN, got it?.

If you see the puddle you go around/the lowest spot. Water doesn't collect in the high spots of a dip, but it may cover it if the low spots are all full, hell I drove on the totally opposite side of a parking lot today avoiding that shit.

If it was that big that you had no choice but to go through it then you should be slowing right the hell down and maybe just turning around and going to hell home. I have NO traction on my car (no rubber left) when this rain crap hit, I was doing 15below the speed limit, slow slow acceleration and onyl driving to and from work, the road conditions are shitty, you avoid them.

When you get back from court and if you get non-guilty I'm going to call their asses or go down myself and give them my point of view because YOU were partially at fault, if you ask me it shoudl 50-50, your stupidty and his stupidty, same thing so it shoudl be split down the middle.

If your coming here for Automotive help, don't post your stupidity and lack of commen comprehension on the boards about your mistakes while crashing and driving through town, this isn't a fucking road hazard forum.

duffspec
06-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Ouch, dude I think your shit out of luck. I would consider seriously talking to someone like Kavy said, but make sure your persistant.

SiG Baby
06-19-2005, 01:20 AM
R U talking about the big pot hole/puddle right in front of the Red Condos by mount royal. If so I almost got side swiped today by someone trying to avoid it...what a hazard.

finboy
06-19-2005, 01:40 AM
+1 for ban :rofl:

schurchill39
06-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by SiG Baby
R U talking about the big pot hole/puddle right in front of the Red Condos by mount royal. If so I almost got side swiped today by someone trying to avoid it...what a hazard.

Nope sorry this is in medicine hat.

AllShowNoGo: Again what makes you think i was "speeding through it" I was going like maybe 10km.
Finboy: I did nothing to get banned so sorry to disapoint you. I took it to PM like has been preached over and over again. Maybe next time

This is horrible, its getting to the point where people (I) cant even ask questions without getting flammed. So please close this thread I will take questions like this elsewhere

EK 2.0
06-19-2005, 11:19 AM
It is all your fault.

Why would you want to survey damage after a storm??...Oh wait, are you a City Planner??...No??...ok then I ask again. Why would you want to go out after a storm to survey damage??

If you had just stayed home comfy in your Power Rangers bed like teh Weather Office warnings and the City Warnings had told you to, you would NOT be in the predicament.

So again,

It is all your fault.

frozenrice
06-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Let's cut the guy a little slack okay? I'm not saying either way what he did was right or wrong (in both incidents), but you have to understand the there's very little to do in the Hat for entertainment - especially for a high school kid who can't get into the bars. I know this because I was born and raised there. Any kind of event that happens that is big enough to make it outside the local news is big time. That being said you can't blame church for being bored.
Now church, I'm not flaming you or anything like that, but there is a fine line between asking for help on an "automotive forum". If you have a legit technical question about cars you'll probably get more respectable answers. If you're on here looking for personal advice and sympathy for your personal problems because you can't make up your own mind or know how to find the answer yourself, you're gonna get flamed sooner or later. No matter what blog you're in there's almost always going to be people who are going to take advantage of your personal misfourtunes.
Sounds like you've had a bad last few weeks and I'm sure you're not in a great mood. I'm not exactly sure what you said in response to some of the posts, but obviously you said something. You have reacted exactly the way they probably expected you to.
Enough said. That's all I have to say. You guys end this post however you want.

Signed,
"Mr Ignorant"

Xtrema
06-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by schurchill39
sudden bang so I got out of the puddle to check what it was and there was a chunk taken out of the side wall of the front tire.

It ain't no pot hole....

http://www.uncoveror.com/chupa.jpg

AllGoNoShow
06-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Let's cut the guy a little slack okay? I'm not saying either way what he did was right or wrong (in both incidents), but you have to understand the there's very little to do in the Hat for entertainment - especially for a high school kid who can't get into the bars. I know this because I was born and raised there. Any kind of event that happens that is big enough to make it outside the local news is big time. That being said you can't blame church for being bored.
Now church, I'm not flaming you or anything like that, but there is a fine line between asking for help on an "automotive forum". If you have a legit technical question about cars you'll probably get more respectable answers. If you're on here looking for personal advice and sympathy for your personal problems because you can't make up your own mind or know how to find the answer yourself, you're gonna get flamed sooner or later. No matter what blog you're in there's almost always going to be people who are going to take advantage of your personal misfourtunes.
Sounds like you've had a bad last few weeks and I'm sure you're not in a great mood. I'm not exactly sure what you said in response to some of the posts, but obviously you said something. You have reacted exactly the way they probably expected you to.
Enough said. That's all I have to say. You guys end this post however you want.

Signed,
"Mr Ignorant"

I'm a high school kid who can't get into the bars. If bars is your only form of entertainment, I wonder where your life is going. I work 7:30-5(sometimes 6, sometimes more) come home have food, rest a little, go visit gf, check up on new tools/auto stuff, call up buddys/drop by if they home sometimes, goto bed and do ti all again. You don't need to be doing something 24/7 t be entertained, its what you enjoy doing. He may enjoy driving around but it seems he does it at all the wrong times or wrong instances or wrong reactions, in that case, let the gf drive and you watch the scenery.

schurchill39
06-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
let the gf drive and you watch the scenery.

Hahahaha, if the girlfriend had her licence it woulda helped

AllGoNoShow
06-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Well I won't condone it but I'd still let her drive if I was having bad luck, she can't do much worse then crashing into a car on a highway and taking chunks out of the sidewall while getting tickets for street racing, no offense.

I didn't have insurance on my gf's van but she let me drive, she gets distracted to easy and woudl rather sit in the passanger seat and talk then sit in the driver seat and talk and have me telling her to watch the road, just makes life easier for everyone.

schurchill39
06-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
she can't do much worse then crashing into a car on a highway and taking chunks out of the sidewall while getting tickets for street racing, no offense.

Man you dont listen do you? The guy HIT ME on the highway. I never once got a ticket for street racing so i dont know where you got that from and sorry but not even super dooper you woulda avoided this hole, no offense

AllGoNoShow
06-21-2005, 11:18 PM
Actually depending on how big the puddle of water was, I might have, anythign to big = too deep = back my ass up and go around, or over the median, atleast I know what is on the median.

Actually I would say you hit him as you didn't slow down to a hazard infront and take proper precautions, aswell as the guy infront of you was turning, mean syou slow down and wait, not continue speed and attempt to avoid at last second. And no many how many times you argue it, me and others wil still think the same way. Atleast you get to mod your car now.

Why don't you just go and try and outrun that tornado now too?

schurchill39
06-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Man just leave this thread, you have no clue what your talking about and are just here to cause problems. Why dont the "moderators" ever do their PROPER job and close threads when they get out of hand (Weapon_R i am looking in your direction)