PDA

View Full Version : 2002+ Honda Civic siR

d-UNiT
06-18-2005, 05:15 PM
what are your guys' thoughts on the honda civic sir... i thought they looked really nice and they have some pretty alright reviews, anyone know from experience or have anything interesting to say about them, any comments are appreciated thanks

PorknBeans
06-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I personally don't like the hatchback style, I would go for a 6th Gen SIR Coupe. They look a lot better.

JCX
06-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by PorknBeans
I personally don't like the hatchback style, I would go for a 6th Gen SIR Coupe. They look a lot better.

I think the style is nice, its just way short of HP. In the current sport compact market it's just not enough. :(

That said I'm sure it'd be a reliable comfy daily driver. :)

d-UNiT
06-18-2005, 05:58 PM
160 is good enough for me

i mean i dont think i need a lot of hp to enjoy the ride, its mostly a daily commuter.. i want something that has a little kick along with a very smooth ride, would you recommend this vehicle for that?

topher91
06-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
160 is good enough for me

i mean i dont think i need a lot of hp to enjoy the ride, its mostly a daily commuter.. i want something that has a little kick along with a very smooth ride, would you recommend this vehicle for that?

For a daily driver its great. In stock form, don't be too disappointed about perfomance, I mean the ivtec motor is supposed to be economical yet have some kick and some kick it does have at higher rpms.

I loved my SiR for driving day to day. It was responsive when I needed it to be, good passing power while hwy driving and smooth and quiet ride.

There are lots of EP3 owners on beyond here and I'm sure they can all back these claims.

Good luck!!

Chris

2002civic
06-18-2005, 06:58 PM
i just dont like th elook of it, a mini odyssey imo

88CRX
06-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by topher91

For a daily driver its great. In stock form, don't be too disappointed about perfomance, I mean the ivtec motor is supposed to be economical yet have some kick and some kick it does have at higher rpms.

I loved my SiR for driving day to day. It was responsive when I needed it to be, good passing power while hwy driving and smooth and quiet ride.

There are lots of EP3 owners on beyond here and I'm sure they can all back these claims.

Good luck!!

Chris

:werd: x10

I love mine..... sure it could be alittle quicker but its just fine. You WILL keep up with 6th gen SIR's and base RSX's to give you an idea.

Only complaints are stock ride height (easy fix lol) and lack of power (when is any amount enough lol)

There's going to be a couple of us running at secret street @ the autocross next week... stop by and say hi.

infected
06-19-2005, 12:51 AM
It seems like a pretty neat car, but I dont like the fact how there is no armrest :dunno: (too far from shifter)

SiG Baby
06-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by PorknBeans

:werd: the hatchback looks like a moon buggy...and this is comming from a true civic slut, I love all civics but this one.

Supa Dexta
06-19-2005, 07:45 AM
My fave was always the 92-95 hatch, and the coupes from then till the late 90's... those were the best looking civics ever... As for the new one I don't hate it, but I probably wouldn't buy one.. It will get you attention though...

:)

d-UNiT
06-19-2005, 09:38 AM
hows the dash mounted shifter work out for those of you whom have driven it before?

seems a little weird, but is it placed comfortably?

AsianCaucasian
06-19-2005, 09:40 AM
there's actually two recent reviews on this forum... one of them done by myself.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90876
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90731

d-UNiT
06-19-2005, 09:53 AM
HEY THANKS

nice reviews guys!

d-UNiT
06-19-2005, 10:07 AM
but now i dont know if i fucking want the god damn thing, i need to find something by tuesday and you guys totally got me shook :|

Tai-Lun
06-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I personally find the EP3 to be a good/fun car to drive, Id take it over a lot of other hondas that have come out. The look takes some getting used to, still looks like a shrunken van to me, lol. Really u should just go drive one on ur own and see how u like it. The dash shifter for me just took a bit of time get used to, but after a couple min I was adjsuted enought that shifting was no problem. For this car the shifter is in the right place, considering how u have to sit, pedal placement, the shifter is right were it needs to be. Id reccomend a newer one though if ur considering one, they have the nicer head/tail lights and 5 lug. Just my .02.

FiveFreshFish
06-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
but now i dont know if i fucking want the god damn thing, i need to find something by tuesday and you guys totally got me shook :|

You really need to drive one to decide if it's right for you.

d-UNiT
06-19-2005, 11:06 AM
thanks i think ill go down to honda west tommorow