PDA

View Full Version : Flooding in my car

5hift
06-19-2005, 09:34 AM
After getting into my car yesterday after it had been parked outside in the rain all day, I noticed the entire carpeting under the drivers side seat was completely soaked.

At first I thought that I had left a window or sunroof open but I had not. There was no signs of water in the car or leaking besides the fact that the carpeting was completely soaked. What was also strange was the fact that the carpeting on the passenger side floor was completely dry. As I began to drive home through all the rain and flooding on the streets, I noticed the carpeting on the drivers side was accumulating more and more water until it got to a point where you could actually see water puddling in the corners. This happened once before in this rain but I had thought a water bottle had leaked or something because the amount was alot less.

Im guessing that something somewhere beneath the car is leaking or torn. Does anyone have any ideas that may be specific to a Prelude?

403Gemini
06-19-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Khali
After getting into my car yesterday after it had been parked outside in the rain all day, I noticed the entire carpeting under the drivers side seat was completely soaked.

At first I thought that I had left a window or sunroof open but I had not. There was no signs of water in the car or leaking besides the fact that the carpeting was completely soaked. What was also strange was the fact that the carpeting on the passenger side floor was completely dry. As I began to drive home through all the rain and flooding on the streets, I noticed the carpeting on the drivers side was accumulating more and more water until it got to a point where you could actually see water puddling in the corners. This happened once before in this rain but I had thought a water bottle had leaked or something because the amount was alot less.

Im guessing that something somewhere beneath the car is leaking or torn. Does anyone have any ideas that may be specific to a Prelude?

check the roof next to your sunroof, mines the exact same way cept on the passengers side. it had puddles, soaking wet etc. the padding along the sunroof has worn down a bit so i cut a garbage bag in half, folded it up so its just a strip and closed the sunroof up along it. yes its a ghetto fix, but it works.

5hift
06-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Its not the sunroof, I scanned through the entire car to make sure that wasnt the case. Its got to be water coming up from beneath the car because that was the only place that was even remotely wet.

xDiMSuMx
06-19-2005, 11:19 AM
mine leaks in the driver side too
in my car, the water drips from the hood latch
i think it's because my windshield is cracked and the moulding around it is a little loose

i don't see how water can come from underneath the car when it's parked

jdmakkord
06-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I had the same problem with my old accord, turns out I had a small hole punched through the floor by something.

Hash_man
06-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Have you ever had the windshield replaced? its most likely a bad seal on the windshield....

My car is leaking into the trunk though, it suuuucks.

5hift
06-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx

i don't see how water can come from underneath the car when it's parked

Constant rain maybe? I thought about that too, but the weird thing was the water got worse as I started to drive around town. It could be coming from anywhere but I just assumed it was something from the floor because I couldnt find any where else that was wet

FiveFreshFish
06-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Check your firewall. Maybe there's a grommet missing that's allowing water in.

ZMan2k2
06-19-2005, 03:49 PM
If you have a sunroof, check the drain tube for it. If it's clogged or missing, the water that it's supposed to direct to the regular exit point, is draining down your car and collecting in your floor. The other possibility I believe was mentioned already, and that's a cracked or broken windshield seal.

cman
06-20-2005, 03:13 PM
same thing happened to me, it fucking sucks having to vacum it all out:thumbsdow then it smells like shit until you clean it super good:thumbsdow

QuasarCav
06-20-2005, 03:34 PM
This is what happened.

The guy before you discovered a puddle of water in the car and could not vacuum it out. To get it out he drilled a hole through the footwell so that it could drain out. Now when you drive water is pushed up through the hole.

Check under the car for a hole and patch it.

bspot
06-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Sell the car before your electrical starts to go to hell... Once shit starts to corode, you're done for.