PDA

View Full Version : Bargain for Toyota

black_2.5RS
06-19-2005, 08:50 PM
My girlfriend is thinking about buying a new Toyota Rav4. In general, can you actually bargain with the salesperson on a Toyota? I heard you can't.

Same comment but for Honda's?

SteveMo600
06-19-2005, 08:55 PM
We've purchased vehicles from Honda and they were open for negotiations. I think all dealerships are willing to do that, aren't they?

IMO I would stay away from the RAV4's. Did you guys test drive them? I know a few people that have them and they aren't really happy with the ride quality of the vehicle. I would recommend going with a CRV. Just my opinion though.

thinmyster
06-19-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah but toyota has a policy where what you see is what you get for that price. apparently there is no bargining to be done. just what accesories you want? go in and give it a shot it would be nice to know what they say

black_2.5RS
06-19-2005, 09:48 PM
We did try the RAV's and actually kinda liked it (we tried the Chili edition). What did your friends say about hte RAV that they didn't like?

We also tried the CRV's but the position of the handbrake and the shifter didn't go over too well with the girlfriend.

AllGoNoShow
06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
When we bought our Honda it was that way. Honda you can bargain with, talk down , get more options blah blah whatever you wish/can work out.

Toyota on the other hand, the price is what they will sell it at, you want it lower, you start getting rid of options, can't talk them down, what you see is what you pay.

roopi
06-19-2005, 09:58 PM
I purchased from Toyota in Sept 2004 and was able to negotiate the price. Toyota used to have a set price however that is history.

Redlyne_mr2
06-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Due to consumer laws "Access Toyota" aka fixed pricing was put to an end.

Altezza
06-19-2005, 11:58 PM
I know a couple people who've bought Toyotas lately. There is definitely room for negotiation.

Godfuader
06-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by black_2.5RS
We did try the RAV's and actually kinda liked it (we tried the Chili edition). What did your friends say about hte RAV that they didn't like?

We also tried the CRV's but the position of the handbrake and the shifter didn't go over too well with the girlfriend.

Bought my gf a RAV4 in December. It was definately a very very good ride. CRV is a good one too, but found it to be very dull/boring in its design. The RAV4 actually has some degree of style. Test drove a chili edition too. The biggest concern was handling so i took it on the mcleod offramp to southcentre at 65 (it says 30 or so) to see if there was any lean. The rav handled like it was on rails. Unbelievably smooth. very comfortable and its a Toyota so it will have a higher resale later on. Versatility, reliability, and comfort. RAV4 is the best way to go. My gf has had it for 6+ months now and absolutely loves it.

Impreza
06-20-2005, 11:27 AM
My buddy's family bought one not too long ago. I have been in it many times and I like it. I haven't heard any complaints about it either. I think the CRV and RAV4 are fairly comparable vehicles, but the styling of the CRV is fairly bland IMO

BokCh0y
06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
not sure about the access toyota pricing anymore but last i heard is that you can't bargain with thsoe mofo's for anything in regards to pricing - gay if you ask me.

as for the rav4, i haven't heard anything bad about it. we test drove one about 6 months ago. drove really well, great comfortable and smooth. we also checkd out the crv's but i like the rav4 more. better styling and that good'ol toyota reliability. yeah the access pricing sucks and all but over you get more with the toyotas in general than with the hondas. a lot of features and stuff are standard on toyota's or are package upgrades whereas waht we found with honda was everything is available but it all costs extra money. toyota offers more standard equipment on their line of vehicles.

i know when i bought my accord the camry had more standrd features than the accord. only reason i went with the accord was cuz i liked the styling more. i ended selling that piece and going back to toyota. poor customer service from village honda.

go with the rav4.

EK 2.0
06-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
not sure about the access toyota pricing anymore but last i heard is that you can't bargain with thsoe mofo's for anything in regards to pricing - gay if you ask me.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Due to consumer laws "Access Toyota" aka fixed pricing was put to an end.

BokCh0y
06-20-2005, 11:46 AM
just talked to henninger toyota about the "access toyota" pricing - still in effect.

but they prefer not to call it price fixing.

USHER
07-16-2005, 03:23 AM
went into toyota today.wasnt able to move the price