PDA

View Full Version : pyle? lanzar? good brand amps?

HTN SWCHS
06-20-2005, 12:14 AM
checking out econosound today and they have some good competition amps from the states for cheap, anybody here heard of pyle or lanzer? are they good amps?

how about cerwin vega strokers? the guy says they are the best subs in the world, and after hearing them i believe it/
at 1000 for a 12" it better be good, anyways, anybody have experience with these brands?

Weapon_R
06-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Heard of both pyle and lanzar, both are XS cargo junk

CV Strokers are good, but I don't believe they are the best in the world at all.

HTN SWCHS
06-20-2005, 12:27 AM
check out econosound, i was wondering why he had 1600w pyle amps for 300$
i heard the strokers and was really impressed but it looks like home theatre speakers

he also had concord and no name pos amps, probably to deter sales to the other stuff

Audio_Rookie
06-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Lanzar sucks, and pyle sucks...they are right in competition with pyramid...watch out now.

Cerwin Vega are awsome subs...i dont know if i would say there the best, they sure are expensive...not the most expensive thing out yet though. You can find the old cerwin vega subs around for CHEAP....and they are better than 95% of the subs out today...they used to be around 1000$ and now people are selling em for 200$.

other good brands are...

Adire Audio
Elemental design
Resonant engineering
Focal
Orion
Ecipse
Cerwin Vega

many more......

HTN SWCHS
06-20-2005, 12:30 AM
thanks guys very helpfull, just got a shitload of cash today and was wondering what to invest it

Weapon_R
06-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie

Adire Audio
Elemental design
Resonant engineering
Focal
Orion
Ecipse
Cerwin Vega

many more......

These guys above are the best of the best. I personally love Elemental Design. For $200, you can get a really, really, really great sounding subwoofer from ED or an Adire Shiva, which costs about the same but sounds like it is worth twice as much.

sunfiredude
06-20-2005, 01:50 AM
you get what you pay for

Audio_Rookie
06-20-2005, 05:57 AM
disagreed.

I would rather spend 200$ on an ED sub than 400$ on a mtx sub.

b_t
06-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

These guys above are the best of the best. I personally love Elemental Design. For $200, you can get a really, really, really great sounding subwoofer from ED or an Adire Shiva, which costs about the same but sounds like it is worth twice as much.

my new $200 eD sub absolutely dominates every other sub I've had.. and I had $600 Phoenix Golds, another set of $500 Phoenix Golds, I had a $400 kicker... so on so forth.
Cerwin Vega Strokers are great SPL-only subs. for daily driving, I'd say they are pushing it, but if you wanted a competition car, the Stroker is a major part of a winning combination.
and lanzar and pyle are complete garbage, EXCEPT the Lanzar Vibe 1200d. That is a solid amp that does its rated power of 1200 watts RMS into 1 ohm at a great price point.

sunfiredude
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
of course their will be exceptions. as is with everything, but in my experiences you get what you pay for. for example:

you buy 400 dollar struts and Tom fucking Motorsport coilovers, compared to the Eibach/Koni setup I should have bought for a grand, you will have the shittiest ride EVER.

i musta been :zzz: when i bought that shit

Phat_Tercel_YO!
06-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Most audio companies have multiple lines of products.

Anytime anyone asks about Alpine, no-one says it sucks even though the Type S's and Flex amps are pretty much bottom rung of anything. I implore people to check out some further lines of products before they bash entire companies products.

Lanzar has some low budget lines of audio, pretty much swapmeet quality. They also have much higher end lineup.
Opti 4000d is one of the most powerful amplifiers around right now, and the Opti 2000d's are very proven also. Expect to pay upwards of $800 for the smaller of either of these amplifiers.

Opti drive and SOME of the Vibe's are very well built. Research the model you're looking for and you may get a good deal.

rahim
06-20-2005, 04:04 PM
i wouldn't pay more then 300-400 for a stroker unless it is still brand new, even then you can go to grand car audio and pick up a DD sub for a 1000 and it will destroy the stroker

Truckguy
06-20-2005, 08:02 PM
THE CAR SALON sells Cerwin Vega. Come in and decide for yourself if you like it. We have a deal on right now if you buy a Cerwin Sub, you get a free sub box.

SWX
06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
disagreed.

I would rather spend 200$ on an ED sub than 400$ on a mtx sub.

I would put up MTX againest any ED sub, dollar for dollar the MTX would destroy it, the few ED subs i heard were VERY disapointing to say the least.

b_t
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by SWX

I would put up MTX againest any ED sub, dollar for dollar the MTX would destroy it, the few ED subs i heard were VERY disapointing to say the least.

that is some funny shit
aren't you the guy who copy and pasted stuff off the MTX website in a PM to me (bumpintalon) and in a post in here? have you ever heard my system?

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SWX

Dollar for dollar, nothing can beat an eD subwoofer. Believe me. And MTX doesn't even register on the scale - a K series eD will outperform a $400 8000 series MTX, and eDs premier line will destroy an MTX 9500, at 1/3 of the cost.

b_t
06-21-2005, 12:26 PM

Dollar for dollar, nothing can beat an eD subwoofer. Believe me. And MTX doesn't even register on the scale - a K series eD will outperform a $400 8000 series MTX, and eDs premier line will destroy an MTX 9500, at 1/3 of the cost.

the A series wouldn't quite destroy it.. but it'd be basically the same thing. a B3 or B6 would be closer, but the new SPv2 will definitely DEMOLISH it completely and utterly for 1/3 the cost :D 151.9dB on one SQ sub = completely kick ass.

Audio_Rookie
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
it sounds like SWX has never heard an ED sub before...

poor man...I remember defending the overpriced crappy brands of MTX and alpine....not that they really suck...but the value just isnt there compared...

mts better than ED for value...bwahaha..BWAHAHAHAH:rofl: :rofl:

pikamonk
06-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah. Can't wait to bust out my eD system :| Slowly working on it... Just wish they'd get their a series sub back out the door again. If not I'll have to go for an RE XXX :p

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
What is all the talk in this A series? I just checked their site, all they have is the K series (115shipped, probably more for Canada) and the O series ($175shipped)

HTN SWCHS
06-22-2005, 02:19 AM
where in calgary do they sell ed

rahim
06-22-2005, 02:23 AM
What is all the talk in this A series? I just checked their site, all they have is the K series (115shipped, probably more for Canada) and the O series ($175shipped)

i think the A series was their flat coned sub

Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
where in calgary do they sell ed

http://www.edesignaudio.com
free shipping to canada on most of their stuff

b_t
06-22-2005, 08:14 AM

I'm talking about the older A series, 12A.22. you can only get them used now. The B3 and B6 are different versions of the A series, without the flat cone.
The next line of ED's top sub is supposedly going to be the SPv2... one guy managed to get one SPv2 to hit a 151.9 ;)

pikamonk
06-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah. They had a problem with their new generation A series (which is why they only have K and O) It didn't meet their expectations(if I remember right) so they didn't even bother releasing it.

But yeah, their O series is still a beast. Ported and it still sounds amazing.

Dj_lebjam
06-22-2005, 09:07 PM
if u live in canada u get shitty shit its gettign better but u have to talk to ppl from the USA and ask them about thoses brands and they will tell u how good they r they r not bad lanzer was in a sound mag and it got one of the highest ratings depending on what modle i saw with my own eyes but if u buy 1 that is not from usa u get shit and also most of canadas stuff is cheaply made... :drama: but unless u r goign to spend the $$$ to invest in some good shit then u will have an ok system for 300 that is not a bad deal on a 1600 watt amp and none of that is XS cargo lol they r not thump unless u hook up the amp to your subs u will never know how it will should u can buy any amp and it can make your subs sound like shit but yet again it is all in the sub ,amp,wire,setup,capor no cap, alternator, mid, high sections well that si my 2 cent take it if u want lol :dunno:

HTN SWCHS
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
meet the pyle,lanzar advocate friend

:english: mike, sentences, paragraphs, periods

likwid
06-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Pyles are a "Pyle" of shit

HTN SWCHS
06-23-2005, 11:14 PM
*cough*

xsv
06-25-2005, 04:14 AM