PDA

View Full Version : Broken Down Skyline on 16th Ave

bspot
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Driving to work this morning, instead of ditches full of broken down J-Bodies, I saw a broken down white R-32. My dislike of R-32's almost made me happy to see it, and then I realized the poor owner will probably be without their car for a long time and have a huge repair bill. :(

Hopefully it was nothing too major.

syeve
06-20-2005, 10:30 AM
haha, I saw it too :D

JCX
06-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Were they waiting for an RHD tow truck? :nut: :rofl:

Seriously, hopefully it works out ok for the dude. I don't wish broken cars on anyone.

Lo)2enz0
06-20-2005, 11:36 AM
was it the one without the areobody?

bspot
06-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't think so, but traffic was actually flowing pretty good so I didn't get a great look at it.

jdmakkord
06-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow, buy an auction car from overseas, trust what the auction sheet says, and hope for the best. I wouldnt be surprised if 30% of the "JDM" cars imported this year, arent on the road next spring.

C4S
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
The problem is .. most the R32s in town, are not "mint" condition.

Parts are actually not hard to get, and very good price too. ( from USA )

There are so many R32 in town now... and any car can break down .. especially we are talking a 16 yr old car .. :)

calgarys13
06-20-2005, 10:01 PM
whats with all the skyline hate? its a 16 year old of course theres gonna be problems..nothing so special to start a hate thread about..people seem to think that a skyline is only cool if its mint..its 16 years old your gonna pay through the ass to get a mint one..many people i know buy them and repair them here and theres nothing wrong with that...id rather get one with shitty paint and pay less then to find a perfect condition one.a perfect condition one is not modified so people hafta choose a balance between quality or value.all the jdm hate is stupid..things are gonna go wrong so you hafta deal with it..parts are also very easy to come by and sometimes cheaper than getting parts here..i just paid $53 for a new wheel bearing and seals and it was here next day...wheres the difficulty in that..

dieselpower91
06-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
whats with all the skyline hate?

Skyline hate? if you owned a J-body and posted on this site then you'd know what hate is!

I saw it too, drove back by it at 3:45 and they had the back... uhhh.. passenger side tire off looking at the brakes?!

EK 2.0
06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
was it the one without the areobody?

yes, I saw it today...

bspot
06-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

yes, I saw it today...

My bad, I read that as 'with'

braden883314
06-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Did anyone stop to see if they could use a hand or a ride?

dieselpower91
06-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by braden883314
Did anyone stop to see if they could use a hand or a ride?
When I drove by there was another car there and 2 guys.

Lo)2enz0
06-21-2005, 12:46 AM
ouch, thats the guy who works at visions by westhills. Nice car and it looked like it was in good shape. As for parts, just wait for people to crash them or what ever, its a bad thing to say but hey there is a big demand and a low supply and that means $$$

jdmakkord
06-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by calgarys13
whats with all the skyline hate? its a 16 year old of course theres gonna be problems..nothing so special to start a hate thread about..people seem to think that a skyline is only cool if its mint..its 16 years old your gonna pay through the ass to get a mint one..many people i know buy them and repair them here and theres nothing wrong with that...id rather get one with shitty paint and pay less then to find a perfect condition one.a perfect condition one is not modified so people hafta choose a balance between quality or value.all the jdm hate is stupid..things are gonna go wrong so you hafta deal with it..parts are also very easy to come by and sometimes cheaper than getting parts here..i just paid $53 for a new wheel bearing and seals and it was here next day...wheres the difficulty in that..

I'm not hating on skylines, I'm hating on people rushing into buying cars without any knowledge on the real condition of them. Dont worry, I know of a beautiful, mint condition, high horsepower gtr that is on its way soon. It will make the rest of the r32's in town look like pintos.:thumbsup:

kevie88
06-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Parts for 'liners are super easy to get! I have the Nissan Fast software so I just look up the part number, go to my local dealer and order it. Usually comes faster than mail order from the states!

95acc
06-21-2005, 11:58 AM
If you buy a good car you should have no problems with it, buy a car from a dealer that will give you a warranty on your 15 year old car and you can expect to be driving a great car with very little problems, yes they are 15 years old and things will break, but parts are becoming much easier to get ahold of. 10-14 days at the longest, that is on a boat from Japan.

And Jeff, i hope those parts worked out for you and everything went well.

Paul

bundi
06-21-2005, 12:11 PM
hmm when my sub was stolen they smashed out my back window to get in and there weren't any windows in Lethbridge at all, went to nissan, said that it would be $1161.00 and it would take a month to get here....sorta bothered me, ended up getting a window from the states for like $400. Good thing insurance covered me :)

3g4me
06-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I hate the whole skyline fad. And thats what you get when you buy a 16 year old car.:whocares: