PDA

View Full Version : what to do in Cancun?

euro tang
06-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I’m going to Mexico with some friends next week and I was wondering if I could get some tips from you guys that already been there before. We’re going to be staying all inclusive at the Melia Turquesa Resort in Cancun for 7 days.
I was wondering what kind of things you would recommend we do there, see there, what to avoid and be cautious about, ext. . . . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ryder_23
06-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Iheard coco bongo night club is pretty nuts.

mac_82
06-20-2005, 02:51 PM
go on a booze cruise, getting hammered on a boat is pretty fun, there are many pub/club crawls to go on that are killer. also there is lots of snorkeling to do, and go check out the mayan temples! my fav clubs

-coco bongo
-the city
-la boom

CivicDXR
06-20-2005, 02:52 PM
title should be changed to "who to do in cancun? and how to stay clean doin it?"

:poosie: :rofl:

yohan4ws
06-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by euro tang
I’m going to Mexico with some friends next week and I was wondering if I could get some tips from you guys that already been there before. We’re going to be staying all inclusive at the Melia Turquesa Resort in Cancun for 7 days.
I was wondering what kind of things you would recommend we do there, see there, what to avoid and be cautious about, ext. . . . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Tell ya what I would do if I were in cancun ..

2 chicks at the same time man..

http://www.pcloadletterwtf.com/images/b_lawrence1.gif

Kimchee
06-20-2005, 03:08 PM
shit....all i have to day is that CANCUN is a fuckin gong show....i went last year with 8 buddies and the things to do are endless....some of them include

Nite clubs - The nite club strip kinda resembles Las vegas with the flashing lights and shit, but just be aware of the hustlers tryin to get you into there "bars" which are actually strippers...which arent to bad mind you!!....haha...hot ass mexicanos!!...heres some of the places to hit....all you can drink inside for $35US
-Coco bongo
-Fat Tuesdays
-The City

We also went deep water fishing and caught like 15 big ass fish and got 3 dirrty mexicans to gut them and cook them for us for 100 pesos.....hahah.....probably a bad idea but tasted good nonetheless!!....hahah

also maybe do a jungle tour and parasailing if you got the funds to do it.....HAVE A GOOD TIME OUT THERE!!...and also say hi to nicoleta for me at the Plaza la Isla!!..ahahah.....

mac_82
06-20-2005, 03:10 PM
ya there was one more night club i was trying to remember that was good, and it was fat tuesdays! good times there as well. watched the flames beat detroit 1-0 in that bar, and we were the only ones watching but oh well. we won! :thumbsup:

Kimchee
06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
ya there was one more night club i was trying to remember that was good, and it was fat tuesdays! good times there as well. watched the flames beat detroit 1-0 in that bar, and we were the only ones watching but oh well. we won! :thumbsup:

we went to a bar to watch Canada against the US during the World cup.....all the canadians in CANCUn were there.....it was awesome....

hahah....we went to a foam party as well at Oasis CANCUN....it was alright but the clubs on the strip rock....

nhlfan
06-20-2005, 03:39 PM
tequila, beaches

JAYMEZ
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM
- Beach
- Coco Bungo
- Shop in Playa ( Watch your stuff , i got my digi stolen)

91_Integz
06-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Coco Bongo is the best club on Earth!

rmk
06-20-2005, 03:46 PM
jesus tap dancing christ. fill your luggage with sunscreen. cancun in june. :eek:

haha, yeah, check out those bars with the 35$ cover and watch your wallet and room keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

eclipse00
06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I was just there last week, its fuggin hot man!! Make sure you drink lots of water between beers, you sweat nonstop there!

Have fun!

euro tang
06-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the responses, lol some of you are hilarious, keep em coming. :)

Seems like Coco bongo is a must for the “to do” list.
But are there places and people I should watch out for? Two years ago one of my friends and her friend were robbed in a taxi at gun point in Cancun. And is it safe to walk around drunk at night?

Hey Kimchee,
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay to go deep water fishing?

And I know it's going to be hot as hell over there, I just hope I don't get sick from the water :(

91_Integz
06-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I went in August....holy god was that hot

Fat Tuesdays is good on Tuesdays (duh!) and as for cabs, negotiate a price to where you are going before you get it....or just take the bus...it's cheap and pretty easy

RickDaTuner
06-21-2005, 11:37 AM
take a sailing and snokling trip with Blue Bay Getaway to Isla Mujeres, its only 50 bucks and you get lunch free booze and snorkling, sailing and also ugh....

you get to go on a spinichle? i forget the name of it, but its when you para sail on the back of a full sized yacht, and its not with a parachute its just with some sail cloth...

stay away from down town Cancun its pretty dirrty and not really much to see down there..

while on the Isla mujers rent a gas powered Club car(cart) and take a drive arroud the Island

if you go walking on the beach, make sure you return to your hotel the same way you walked there, all though the beaches are public the hotels are private, and they wont let you through to acces the main drag, I almost got into a fight one of the security gards

theres a few malls theres (they call them Forums) to visit, on is Plaza Isla, wich is a huge out door mall with tons of cools stuff to buy, including countless designer names

there is also Luxury Forum the place you want to go to if you want LV, Jac Cartier and basically any high end european desinger label

rent a car and drive to Tulum and Chichen Itza, the mayan ruins, you can also do it with a tour but i think its like 120 bucks.. for that amount you can rent a car for the day buy gas and food...

there is also a amusement park called Xcaret that is based in another ruin site.. if you get bored of the hotel zone it is somethig to consider,

another things is, take american money down there or buy some messican pessos befoer you go.. the exchange rate down there is horrbile

dont rent scoters haha unless you want to try your luck at driving down there haha.

ugh if i remeber anything else i'll post it up

Super_Geo
06-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Bring your favorite book. I bet you could finish Crime and Punishment in the 7 days you're down there :thumbsup: Give me a review of it when you're back. 3 pages, 1100 words, double spaced.

240droptop
06-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Kimchee

hahah....we went to a foam party as well at Oasis CANCUN....it was alright but the clubs on the strip rock....

I went to the same foam party I found it fun but a bit weird allt eh beer and stuff mixs witht eh foam and you come out of there oretty sticky and dirty but hey if tahst your thing hit it up

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
take a sailing and snokling trip with Blue Bay Getaway to Isla Mujeres, its only 50 bucks and you get lunch free booze and snorkling, sailing and also ugh....

you get to go on a spinichle? i forget the name of it, but its when you para sail on the back of a full sized yacht, and its not with a parachute its just with some sail cloth...

stay away from down town Cancun its pretty dirrty and not really much to see down there..

while on the Isla mujers rent a gas powered Club car(cart) and take a drive arroud the Island

if you go walking on the beach, make sure you return to your hotel the same way you walked there, all though the beaches are public the hotels are private, and they wont let you through to acces the main drag, I almost got into a fight one of the security gards

theres a few malls theres (they call them Forums) to visit, on is Plaza Isla, wich is a huge out door mall with tons of cools stuff to buy, including countless designer names

there is also Luxury Forum the place you want to go to if you want LV, Jac Cartier and basically any high end european desinger label

rent a car and drive to Tulum and Chichen Itza, the mayan ruins, you can also do it with a tour but i think its like 120 bucks.. for that amount you can rent a car for the day buy gas and food...

there is also a amusement park called Xcaret that is based in another ruin site.. if you get bored of the hotel zone it is somethig to consider,

another things is, take american money down there or buy some messican pessos befoer you go.. the exchange rate down there is horrbile

dont rent scoters haha unless you want to try your luck at driving down there haha.

ugh if i remeber anything else i'll post it up

man I did all that stuff we rented a car it was pretty fun I wish i ahde my car downt here those long straights makes me jsut want to speed lol and the best part about it is the Photo radar set up signs and Pylons and stuff to elt you know where they are theres a big sign that says photo radar ahead then there cars parked on the road with pylons all around it and once the gusy lights were evne on gota love that if olny our cops did that lol

Kimchee
06-21-2005, 02:42 PM
deep sea was like $55 US/person....but you can pay more and go deep deep water fishing....

me and da boyz were drunk all the time and cruised the streets in downtown and shit....but maybe cause their was like 9 of us no one messed with us....hahah....we caused havoc all over the place...

coco bongo's cool...they got like trapeze and different cool stuff....gotta hit that place for sure....

mac_82
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM
when i went i took the bus everywhere and it was cheap and fairly fast. also every night i went to the bar we just walked home, took anywhere from 5 - 30 mins, completley safe, as long as you arent doing anything crazy, then watch out for the cops haha. i know a guy who got taken to jail for peeing on the side of the road, had to buy his way out. just make sure you go behind the buses. also it sorta freaked me out the first couple of times, but the cops always had their lights flashin. so dont worry. i stayed at the oasis cancun, and the foam party was a pretty good time, didnt have to far to stumble home!

nambis
06-22-2005, 05:39 PM
get wasted

Kobe
08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
What am I looking to spend for a 1 week All-Inclusive resort??? Without any attractions....

In high season near Jan or Maybe even oct...

mac_82
08-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Just for a place to stay with airfare you would be looking at $1200 - 2000 +. Just remember you get what you pay for. You go cheap and you get a cheap dingy place. In some respects paying an extra couple of hundred bucks can make a huge diff.

Also when booking, make sure you arrive in the morning and leave in the afternoon, so you dont loose any time there. If you know what I mean.

Kobe
08-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Yah, first time I went with my parents to Mexico we stayed in a 3 star hotel.. It was the biggest peice of shit ever.. Second time, we had all All Inclusive 4 star hotel.. It was pretty decent.. From then on we only stay in All Inclusive hotels.. Been to cuba and the Dominican aswell..

But I want to travel without my parents, and just go with a couple buddys..

What the law on drinking there?? is it 21??

Are they stricked about it???

dan_in_edmonton
08-23-2005, 01:31 PM
They're right..CocoBongo is HUGE...Fat Tuesday is good but it's only open on Tuesdays, The City was decent, Daddy O's is really cool. EAT at the TACO FACTORY...it's right in the middle of everything cool and it's really good and SUPER cheap. Drinking age? who cares? They sure don't! Take along a Spanish for Dummies book and you're laughin'....senior.

Go to Isla Mujeres for the day...the Island of women :poosie: ...the ferry ride costs like $3 US and the beaches are like baby powder...

Take the bus to Walmart to buy your beer and Tequila...it's less than 1/2 the price on the strip. (6 beer = $2.50 | Bottle of Tequila = $8.00)

Mr_John
08-23-2005, 04:07 PM
^^^^^
Co Co Bongo's is HUGE and CRAZY!!!

Daddy O's had a cool spinning dance floor but thats about it.
nothing special when i was there

Fat Tuesday was sweet only because its a bar on the beach. Fun times at ALL the bars though.

The City while there had a crazy atmosphere. Too bad the music sucks there. The shows are cool though and the whole setup was AMAZING. The place is massive.
Heard in line that during spring break or special shows, The City gets crowds of over 7,000. Thats like a Super Club.

G-Spot looks crazy! wish i got to go there but didnt get the chance.

Melia Turquesa Hotel - not bad. had to wait 1 hour for my room though and the front desk people pissed me off. Hotel room isnt too bad - pretty nice. The swimming pool and activities was good too.

Cancun law is 18
some places are 20 and 30 though. depends on the bar. They're not strict at all about it except Co Co Bongo's. Got id'd there! ahaha

wmkee
08-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Just got back from Cancun yesterday...

Coco Bongo - Went on Saturday and it was CRAZY!!! partied til 4am cuz that when the all inclusive stopped.
Fat Tuesday - on Tuesday
Bull (something on Friday) Crazy!!
Xcaret - swim with the dolphins for sure!!!
- snorkeling
- take the later trip

Mayan Temples - educational but cool.

Impreza
08-23-2005, 04:19 PM
The Mayan Ruins were definetly worth the trip out there! Snorkeling was also awesome!

Mr_John
08-23-2005, 04:57 PM
seems like everyone goes snorkeling
haha im assuming everyone had to ride on those wannabe seadoo's with the steering wheel?
damn those things are faster than i thought.... fun to drive!

eeseen racing
08-23-2005, 06:37 PM
hey man i just got abck go to fat tuesdays on tuesday coco bongo and the city all amazing clubs

other than that drink drink and more drinking thats what i did best time oif my life also go to the flee market and the ruins if your into that kinda thing

creeper
09-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Go to the 'Woman fucking a horse on stage' show. It's not what it sounds like. Just kidding. Seriously?

:thumbsup:

PS - Yeah, the "?" was on purpose.

Suck it bitchez!

nambis
09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
1) lay on the beach and get tanked

2) check out chichen itza (ruins)

3) eat dope ass food

4) don't buy drugs (yes you CAN get busted lol)

ca2p3r
09-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Scuba Diving ! :thumbsup: 1 hour in pool class then they take you 30-50 feet, i enjoyed this alot more then snorkeling

Go see a show @ the hard rock cafe!

Para-sailing

The "Luxary" mall had alot of nice shit if your into that

The City
Coco Bongo
Bulldogs
Senior Frogs
...all sweet, just watch the beach for planes to fly by advertising the hot spot for the night.

oh and yeah the taco factory is sweet

:thumbsup:

SI-vic
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by nambis
1) lay on the beach and get tanked
4) don't buy drugs (yes you CAN get busted lol)

1. just make sure you dont fall asleep on the beach
sun stroke anyone?
4. oh man the taxi driver wouldnt shut up and stop harassing us about drugs
he even drove us to the "drug cabby where they stash the drugs"
it was eventful yet scary cuz we didnt know what the hell was going on