PDA

View Full Version : Disc works on other laptops and DVD players but not on my laptop.

/////AMG
06-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Ok so there this disc I have. I need it to play on my laptop (Sony Vaio PCG-FRV23). This is the second CD I have got and it does the same and doesn't work. It works on other laptops and our DVD player, but not on this laptop. It's a presentation cd, it's just a video giving details about a product.
When I pop in a normal CD it makes that normal sound where you can hear the cd spinning and loading, then the load screen show sup which gives you options to open the folder, play it in this video player or that, the normal stuff.
When I pop in this CD it makes clicking noises about 2-3 seconds apart. When I goto My Computer it will either say there is no CD in the drive or the CD is blank.
I have no idea what to do, anyone have any solutions or anyhting I can I do to play around with it to make it work?

Thanks a lot.

lint
06-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Read this (http://www.kaos2000.net/archives/frontpage/sonyblunder.html) article. Might be the reason.

/////AMG
06-21-2005, 04:21 AM
Damn! Thanks for the link man. Out of the three discs I notice donly one works and the one that doesn't work has a blueish surface so does the other one I just found out doesn't work.

I'm going to rip the cds onto a computer and put them on another disc to see if it works.