PDA

View Full Version : 4-door cars...dealerships...

crazytou
06-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Im looking for a 4-door car under $4000 thats good shape and really 100% mechanical reason being i have to drive this car to toronto for a vacation and it really needs to be perfect...im not too sure where to buy a car with such potential in calgary area but thought i could get some heads up on dealers and i keep looking at buysell...canadatrader but can't seem to find a good car. Anyone help or know a dealer, private thats selling a car that would be in this criteria And dealers not to go to....

3G
06-20-2005, 06:31 PM
try to find yourself a 91ish accord, corolla or camry. try the bargain finder, herald or sun

crazytou
06-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Well i'm trying to find a good dealer in calgary. And maybe someone has one.

crazytou
06-23-2005, 11:09 AM
bump!

rice_eater
06-23-2005, 11:17 AM
you can probably get a first gen neon with that money and have a grand leftover to boot

Tinh-boy
06-23-2005, 11:18 AM
the only problem with finding something like that from a dealership is PRICE/YEAR. By that I mean most LARGER dealerships will not keep vehicles older than 1999 due to the fact that they're harder to attain financing for. And because of that, it'll be hard to find something of that year around that price unless its something in very bad shape. Now with saying that, you can find older vehicles at USED CAR LOTS. Only thing with those is that you have to be very careful and thorough if purchasing from them. Ask to do an independant mechanical inspection and all of the vehicles history. Your best bet (in my opinion) is through friends or family. Just make sure to let whomever is selling the vehicle to you that if anything goes wrong "I'LL BE BACK!!! Hope that helps and good luck with the car search

3G
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
try going to regal or graham auctions on saturday

crazytou
06-24-2005, 10:14 AM
i dont want to buy a car at the auction just because i have to drive it so far......i wouldn't trust it.