PDA

View Full Version : ti-83 calculator help

ercchry
06-20-2005, 10:15 PM
i was woundering if there was a way to make it so you can save programs so they can not be cleared kinda like the finance application. if any one knows that would be great i no that you can archive them but they can still be deleted

wildrice
06-20-2005, 10:18 PM
HAHAHAHA.... you made a program to help you on your finals. and you've gotta reset ur calc b4 going into the test and you're trying to find a way to keep it so you can cheat on the test??

Maybe if you hacked into the programming of the calculator itself.
I don't think there is a way though.

kaput
06-20-2005, 10:19 PM

ercchry
06-20-2005, 10:23 PM
ha yeah i made alot of programs over the year i could always swap calculators but i only have one

A2VR6
06-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Yea Im not sure if theres a way or not... I remember with my TI-89 the teachers didnt know how to reset it so they just let me thru haha.

ercchry
06-20-2005, 10:48 PM
the only thing that stays after its cleared is the finance application so if you could make the programs like that then they would stay but the question is how

EG STyLeZ
06-20-2005, 11:00 PM
i used to have this program on my ti-83 that displayed a screen identical to the "mem cleared" screen when executed! it was pretty real looking too, down to the flashing box in the top left corner! haha

wildrice
06-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
i used to have this program on my ti-83 that displayed a screen identical to the "mem cleared" screen when executed! it was pretty real looking too, down to the flashing box in the top left corner! haha

yea, i've seen something similar to that, but the teachers at my school were smart..

they wanted to see the actual numbers. (amount of space remaining on calculator)

ercchry
06-20-2005, 11:09 PM
how would that work if they just grab the calculator and do it (if you press the mem buttin then how would a program work

V6-BoI
06-21-2005, 03:37 AM
They gotta make TI-83s that have blue tooth so you can talk with other people with TI-83s as well.

toyboy88
06-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by wildrice

yea, i've seen something similar to that, but the teachers at my school were smart..

they wanted to see the actual numbers. (amount of space remaining on calculator)

same here and they go around and actually clear them again b4 the test starts :banghead:

snowboard
06-21-2005, 09:25 AM
i believe you can archive them somehow? and they wont be deleted along with everything else. used to do that with my games so when i had tests and had to reset they would still be there, but that was long time ago i dont remember how i did it exactly. sorry.

nambis
06-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

Yea, you should be able to find several versions of this posted all over the internet. This is a really common method and it works well too. Like other people have said, it's a program which fakes the original clear memory screens. I would check into this. :thumbsup: