PDA

View Full Version : I need a lawyer!

Speed_RaSiR
06-21-2005, 02:01 PM
My Fiancee's grandmother was attacked by a neighbors dog on their own property, their dog was off the leash and she is now in critical condition.

I need to fucking 0wn these bastards in court. Does anyone have a good lawyer that can maximize the financial penalties.

Thanks.

bundi
06-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Don't know any lawyers in Calgary personally, if you get a lawyer who's working on being paid a percentage of what you'll get you know they will try hard to get as much as they can, because that's their paycheque..

go talk to a few of them as most will give a free consultation

Def_3
06-21-2005, 02:09 PM
i have an amazing lawyer that actually dealt with a dog attack case for a family member, pm me and Ill give you his contact info

you will get LARGE $ for something like that, if that is what you are looking for, keep in mind the dog will most likely be put down if it goes to court, however I can gaurantee you will not put one foot in court and would have to make one call besides to the lawyer

Def_3
06-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by bundi
Don't know any lawyers in Calgary personally, if you get a lawyer who's working on being paid a percentage of what you'll get you know they will try hard to get as much as they can, because that's their paycheque..

go talk to a few of them as most will give a free consultation

yes usually 30-35% of your total compensation, sounds like alot, but trust me its worth it

sputnik
06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
That sucks dude!

Tell your fiancee that Stacey and I are thinking about her grandmother as she is recovering.

Melinda
06-21-2005, 03:16 PM
If Def_3's guy falls through I have one that I dealt with after my car accident. He was awesome and went all the way to keep me updated and involved in the whole thing. Worked really hard, no complaints at all. PM me if you need contact info

Speed_RaSiR
06-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
That sucks dude!

Tell your fiancee that Stacey and I are thinking about her grandmother as she is recovering.

thanks brother,

AcuraTl
06-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
My Fiancee's grandmother was attacked by a neighbors dog on their own property, their dog was off the leash and she is now in critical condition.

I need to fucking 0wn these bastards in court. Does anyone have a good lawyer that can maximize the financial penalties.

Thanks.

holy fuck dude, i hope she is alright...i hate fucking dogs, we are all prayin for ya man...if ya need anyshit pm me

afrotl
06-21-2005, 03:40 PM
sorry to hear that hope all goes well

BerserkerCatSplat
06-21-2005, 03:43 PM
Wow, I hope she recovers! :(

Ed the SOHC
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
I just got bit by a dog 2 days ago. Good thing it's only one of those lil' taco bell dogs (choowahwah's (sp?) i think they're called).

Good luck with the law suit.

googe
06-22-2005, 02:41 AM
just out of curiosity, what kind of dog was it?

TrevorK
06-22-2005, 07:43 AM
An unrelated question - but does your settlement come out of the homeowners own pocket, or does their homeowners insurance somehow cover it (I can't see it - but just curious)....