PDA

View Full Version : how to get rid of sap

pyro
06-21-2005, 03:00 PM
at work i have to park under those big sap trees and now when i run my hand on the hood it dosent feel smooth at all just curious if anyone knows how to get this off :thumbsup:

QuasarCav
06-21-2005, 03:03 PM
#1 A commercially available sap+tar remover. $10 at most stores.

#2 car wash, might take a while but it works.

#3 WD-40 on a rag, takes it right off.

euro_racer
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
wash car with warm water if the sap is fairly fresh

mr_smiley
06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
IM PRETTY SURE THAT GAS LINE ANTI FREEZE WORKS ALSO...

calgarygts
06-21-2005, 03:09 PM
clay bar after washing car

GSR Zero
06-21-2005, 03:17 PM
^^^ Yup. Clay bar works great.

euro tang
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Ha, I was going to post the exact same question. I used to have the same problem until I started to park across the street from my work. I made the mistake of leaving the sap on my car for a week or so and now it’s so hard to get the shit off. This sap is the big drop kind, not the kind that looks like a bunch of very little spots. Anyway I tried wax and grease remover as well as this other chemical my friend gave me (forgot what it's called) but it still won’t come off. So far the only thing I found that works is actually scraping them off one by one very carefully :cry:

pyro
06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
will wd-40 wreck the paint :dunno:

kenny
06-21-2005, 04:03 PM
clay bar + spray on detailer to keep it well lubed.

glennc
06-30-2005, 03:12 AM
Calgary GTS has it all right. A wash, claybar, and wax is paints best freind.

Just cause its fairly hard and stuff dont think claybars will do damage, they remove anything from sap, acidic rain residue, tar, exhaust fumes cooked on, ect. I reccomend the meguires or the mothers, problem with mothers claybars is that they usally dont give you as much bar so if your planning on having a freind help, good luck splitting it :)

EDIT: dont put wd 40 on your paint. Would you go pour gas on your paint? Spray it with liquid fire? Anyone who wd-40s paint deserves a slap.

pyro
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
where can i get a claybar from and are there diffrent kinds like softer and harder ones or is there just one and how do u put it on. :thumbsup:

calgarygts
06-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Go to canadian tire and get the meguire's clay bar and detail spray. Use lots of spray when you're claying an area - do not clay a dry section. You usually only need to go over a spot three or four swipes to get everything off, unless it's very dirty (tar, sap, etc.).
All you do is spray the detail spray on the area you are claying and wipe the paint with the clay bar. You don't need to push hard or anything, just let it glide over the paint. Make sure you have done a thorough wash of the vehicle before you claybar it. After every panel you do mash up the clay bar so that it's clean again. If you drop it on the ground throw it away immediately, otherwise you'll mark up your paint with it. It should be good for three or four cars, if they're in decent condition.

legendboy
06-30-2005, 02:30 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1705032&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending