PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Phone unlock

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Does anyone here know how to hack or unlock a Motorola V710?

PM Me please if you can or know how or who or what please. Thanks.

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 06:36 PM
RickDaTuner is selling a motorola unlocking credit for $25. It's a great price - you can unlock it yourself with the program he will include, and you won't find it any cheaper!

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
thx.

do you know if this will work for the CDMA phones? Mine isn't GSM. Also i'm actually hoping to find someone that can do it for me......i'm TOO scared :D.

RickDaTuner
06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
I think its tentatively gone will let you know tomm, if you are still interested:thumbsup:

Edit: this apearently wont work with your phone either

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Just a question, but why would u want to unlock your CDMA phone?

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 07:08 PM
i heard it's possible to download different ring tones and stuff on my phone but i can't do it...seems to be disabled.

The biggest thing though is the volume settings on the phone. When I got use the camera (there are 6 different sounds) it's suppossed to make the selected sound - like a "click" depending on what is chosen, which it does but it is to LOUD. Even my low battery indicator is super LOUD.

I heard that once the phone is unlocked I can change these settings so it is quieter. I don't want to disable it just turn the volume down.

There is no setting to do this in the manual or on the phone. The chick I talked to at the telus joint i bought the phone said this is a kind of security feature so people know when you taking a pic. She mentioned something on the lines of "upskirt" shots or pics in the changeroom amd the loud noise so people would know someone is taking a pic. Understandable but like I said, I don't want to disable it just want to change the volume setting.

I hope it makes sense.

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Unlocking the phone won't help you do any of that.

What you need to do is SEEM edit the phones features and change them so that you can adjust the things that bother you.

In order to do that, you're going to need a program called PST and/or p2kman. These are the programs that motorola engineers use to alter the settings on a handset, and its what you're going to have to do.

Relax, its not that hard, and its pretty hard to seriously mess things up if you do your research. I've brought so many Motorola phones back from the dead that its not even funny - as long as you don't ruin the boot log feature, you can always fix what you screw up.

www.howardforums.com is the best place to start. Start by researching your phone, finding out if the problems you are having are common, and whether someone has hacked into it yet (likely already, if its as bad as you think). Do countless searches, ask questions, and read up - you're likely to see a few of the same problems your having, along with very well written FAQs and pictures to show you how its done.

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 07:24 PM
you are awesome, thanx dude. :thumbsup:

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 07:28 PM
No problem, just PM me when you're ready to do it and I can help you with any questions you may have. There's also a few guys who will undoubtedly chime in to help. You may recognize a few of us on that other forum :D

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 07:34 PM
sounds good to me. thx again.

A|pine
06-21-2005, 09:03 PM
wow thanks for the link weapon, so much to learn :)

2000impreza
06-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
i heard it's possible to download different ring tones and stuff on my phone but i can't do it...seems to be disabled.

The biggest thing though is the volume settings on the phone. When I got use the camera (there are 6 different sounds) it's suppossed to make the selected sound - like a "click" depending on what is chosen, which it does but it is to LOUD. Even my low battery indicator is super LOUD.

I heard that once the phone is unlocked I can change these settings so it is quieter. I don't want to disable it just turn the volume down.

There is no setting to do this in the manual or on the phone. The chick I talked to at the telus joint i bought the phone said this is a kind of security feature so people know when you taking a pic. She mentioned something on the lines of "upskirt" shots or pics in the changeroom amd the loud noise so people would know someone is taking a pic. Understandable but like I said, I don't want to disable it just want to change the volume setting.

I hope it makes sense.

i use to have a v710. i have first hand experience with this phone. the seems are not as simple to figure out as on the gsm p2k motorola's. did all the known seem edits/modifications to this phone. let me know if you still need help.

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
dude i can use all the help i can get.

i was able to use bitpim and get into the phone and delete the sound files so now when i take pics it doesn't make that annoying shutter click noise (thanks to weapon_r for the site info). But now I want to get rid of the stupid telus screen, unlock as many features as i can like the ringtones, mp3 stuff, wallpapers. I guess in general I just want to hack this phone so I can use the phone full potential. Let me know please. Thanks.

A|pine
06-21-2005, 10:03 PM
how do u get bitpim? what kind of cord are the people talking about, ps i have a lg535

im scared to post this on the other forum, cuz i think they eat noobs alive, and well...yeah there are so many threads i have no freaking clue where to start :cry:

2000impreza
06-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
dude i can use all the help i can get.

i was able to use bitpim and get into the phone and delete the sound files so now when i take pics it doesn't make that annoying shutter click noise (thanks to weapon_r for the site info). But now I want to get rid of the stupid telus screen, unlock as many features as i can like the ringtones, mp3 stuff, wallpapers. I guess in general I just want to hack this phone so I can use the phone full potential. Let me know please. Thanks.

use p2kseem to upload this seem onto your phone. it should enable sound file transfer between phone/t-flash card as well as enable/disable the shutter sound. make sure you back-up the original seem.

http://members.shaw.ca/r.choi/v710/041a-telus-mod.seem

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by A|pine
how do u get bitpim? what kind of cord are the people talking about, ps i have a lg535

im scared to post this on the other forum, cuz i think they eat noobs alive, and well...yeah there are so many threads i have no freaking clue where to start :cry:

i found bitpim on howardforums site weapon_r has listed above. just search for it. i would email it to you but it is 6.5mb in size.

BokCh0y
06-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza

use p2kseem to upload this seem onto your phone. it should enable sound file transfer between phone/t-flash card as well as enable/disable the shutter sound. make sure you back-up the original seem.

http://members.shaw.ca/r.choi/v710/041a-telus-mod.seem

thx. i was able to dl the seem but not sure what to do from there on. where would i go to get that p2kseem program and how do i upload the seem? i have the p2kman thing but not sure how to use it. sorry i'm a noob when it comes to phones.

2000impreza
06-21-2005, 10:52 PM
step by step instructions on this site under the " Personalizing the V710 for Bluetooth" link. great resource for the moto v710. make sure the drivers are correctly setup up.

http://www.tellushow.com/

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 11:00 PM
You're well on your way! Good luck, its tedious but its pretty easy to do once you start.