PDA

View Full Version : Fuck ZR Auto :)

MenteL
06-21-2005, 06:50 PM
Instead of paying 20 bucks, which none goes to any charity, this morning around 9:30 am on my way to work I pulled into co-op, got off my 'zuki, and gazed in awe at the ammount of ferraris and lamborghinis in the parking lot fueling up. I got to see them for free, hear them for free, (oh my god, that ferrari spyder.......jesus christ that is the hottest car ever) and watch one do a little smoke out down 17th ave, for free :) Second best 10 minutes of my life ;)

Canmorite
06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Not as good as going to the event though. Not all the cars are there because lots are privately owned and stay in customer's garage's.

nich148_9
06-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Exactly. I could have stayed home (I have several Ferraris by my house, plus loads of Porsches and more) but I decided to spend the $20 and gawk at the only Enzo in western Canada.

XylathaneGTR
06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
That's great.
I got to look at it on the street outside of A channel about a week ago. Fine for me.

brandon
06-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MenteL
Instead of paying 20 bucks, which none goes to any charity, this morning around 9:30 am on my way to work I pulled into co-op, got off my 'zuki, and gazed in awe at the ammount of ferraris and lamborghinis in the parking lot fueling up. I got to see them for free, hear them for free, (oh my god, that ferrari spyder.......jesus christ that is the hottest car ever) and watch one do a little smoke out down 17th ave, for free :) Second best 10 minutes of my life ;)

Wow congrats for being a cheapass? I don't get why people keep bitching about the price. It was a car show!!! every car show I have been to I had to pay for (decent ones anyway) it was 20$ oh noo!!!! besides didn't half get donated to charity?

Weapon_R
06-21-2005, 08:58 PM
It wasn't donated to charity.

Ben
06-21-2005, 09:02 PM
I got blown passed this evening by that yellow enzo on deerfoot. I thought 550 Maranellos with Tubi exhausts sounded good, but I'm sorry, Enzo takes that competition.

MenteL
06-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by brandon

Wow congrats for being a cheapass? I don't get why people keep bitching about the price. It was a car show!!! every car show I have been to I had to pay for (decent ones anyway) it was 20$ oh noo!!!! besides didn't half get donated to charity? Wow, congrats for me not caring what you think.

Why would I pay 20 bucks to go look at a handful of exotic cars cooped up in a TINY showroom? That enzo was parked at a gas station in shawnessy and I got to look at it and touch the headlight for 5 minutes. did anybody get to touch the enzo? no. did you all pay 20 bucks? yes.

The only car worth seeing there, well, the only car worth paying to see, was the enzo. You can see those ferraris and lamborghinis anywhere else (maybe not the murcielago) but yeah. Sorry for being a cheap ass, but maybe if they donated it to charity i may have gone in.

962 kid
06-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Wow, congrats for me not caring what you think.

Why would I pay 20 bucks to go look at a handful of exotic cars cooped up in a TINY showroom? That enzo was parked at a gas station in shawnessy and I got to look at it and touch the headlight for 5 minutes. did anybody get to touch the enzo? no. did you all pay 20 bucks? yes.

The only car worth seeing there, well, the only car worth paying to see, was the enzo. You can see those ferraris and lamborghinis anywhere else (maybe not the murcielago) but yeah. Sorry for being a cheap ass, but maybe if they donated it to charity i may have gone in.

yeah, but they got to talk with other enthusiasts, like Roland Linder, who btw brought his F40LM over. I think that is worth mention :rolleyes:

MenteL
06-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

yeah, but they got to talk with other enthusiasts, like Roland Linder, who btw brought his F40LM over. I think that is worth mention :rolleyes: Well for me its nothing special. Maybe for others, but you wouldn't have caught me paying $20 for that. I'd probably only stay there for half an hour and leave :(.

benyl
06-21-2005, 10:36 PM
:whocares: what is the point of this thread?

M_Power
06-21-2005, 10:43 PM
holy shit bud. At least the owner of ZR and the Enzo gave everyone an oppurtunity to come and see all of these rare and spectacular cars. You don't get enough money to buy an Enzo by giving stuff away for free. ;)
20$ is cheap for a good afternoon of entertainment IMO.

C4S
06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by benyl

$20! :rofl: :rofl:

googe
06-22-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by M_Power
holy shit bud. At least the owner of ZR and the Enzo gave everyone an oppurtunity to come and see all of these rare and spectacular cars. You don't get enough money to buy an Enzo by giving stuff away for free. ;)
20$ is cheap for a good afternoon of entertainment IMO.

haha, dont make it sound like he is doing any favors, cause he isnt

7thgenvic
06-22-2005, 02:52 AM
Well for me its nothing special. Maybe for others, but you wouldn't have caught me paying $20 for that. I'd probably only stay there for half an hour and leave :(.

20 bux to see a car show, and good deal on the all the goods in the shop! why are you guys soooo cheap!!!!!

good for you that its nothing special, i've sat in the car does that make me better then you......... no...... or anyone else

its a great opportunity for young children to take their kids or just go for the afternoon to enjoy the some of the greatest rides build!

just because you "have touched it" and "their nothing special because they live around you" wooopiiidoooooo

i really think they could care less what some member on a car forum thinks of them! WHY THE F*ck would you make such a stupid thread!

Team_Mclaren
06-22-2005, 03:25 AM
Just you let you know, tons of cars from DTP, SCN, auto show you can see regularly on the road, hell we even have our own ghetto show at chinook every weds :D. Or better yet, go to the local tuner shops and I bet you can see bunch of them.
so what is your point? That you are too cheap to put in 20bucks to have a good time?:whocares:

/////AMG
06-22-2005, 04:12 AM
aww MentaL shut up, for everyones sake. People who went CHOSE to go and they WANTED to pay, if you didn't no one gives a shit.

AcuraTl
06-22-2005, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
aww MentaL shut up, for everyones sake. People who went CHOSE to go and they WANTED to pay, if you didn't no one gives a shit.

:werd: and :closed:

rmk
06-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Ben
I got blown passed this evening by that yellow enzo on deerfoot. I thought 550 Maranellos with Tubi exhausts sounded good, but I'm sorry, Enzo takes that competition.

no shit eh?? the 550 rumbles everything around it at idle and at redline it screams... but the enzo... man, i'm still trying to find a description of that engine note, but i can't. like nothing else!!

btw, the guys were on their way to race city to learn a few tips from mr. linder. zr booked the track for the best customers to get some lessons. friday afternoon, 37 ferraris/lambos will be there and its open to the public.

MenteL
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by rmk

no shit eh?? the 550 rumbles everything around it at idle and at redline it screams... but the enzo... man, i'm still trying to find a description of that engine note, but i can't. like nothing else!!

btw, the guys were on their way to race city to learn a few tips from mr. linder. zr booked the track for the best customers to get some lessons. friday afternoon, 37 ferraris/lambos will be there and its open to the public. Wow. I saw them all rolling out on tuesday morning. The 550 sounded absolutely amazing.

viffer
06-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by rmk
btw, the guys were on their way to race city to learn a few tips from mr. linder. zr booked the track for the best customers to get some lessons. friday afternoon, 37 ferraris/lambos will be there and its open to the public.
Seriously? What time?

max_boost
06-22-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by C4S

$20! :rofl: :rofl:

hahahahaha

:rofl: :rofl:

rmk
06-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by viffer

Seriously? What time?

i heard 1-5pm. i'll see if it's correct.

iceburns288
06-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Well for me its nothing special. Maybe for others, but you wouldn't have caught me paying $20 for that. I'd probably only stay there for half an hour and leave :(.

wtf are you? A god? I saw 80 Ferraris at the national meet Saturday and there was one F40LM and I cried over it man. Don't be so up in the air like an F40LM is 'nothing special'. I see 360s and 355s daily, and I've driven them, but I still think a 308 or 328 is a really special car when I see them.:dunno:

Xtrema
06-22-2005, 10:45 AM
I got in for free thru a buddy.

It's quite impressive and almost give me urges to rob the banks just to come back and buy one.

And you can touch them ..... as long as nobody is looking........

$20 is a bit steep. $10 would've been more appropiate for the size of the show.

Heck, Montreal had shows like this by river front during F1 weekend with 10X more exotics for free.

jvillain
06-22-2005, 11:14 AM
When you say Friday do you meen June 25?

iceburns288
06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Considering that it's already happened, I doubt it.:rolleyes:

rmk
06-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by jvillain
When you say Friday do you meen June 25?

if you're talking about the meet at race city, it is friday the 24th. 1-5pm.... no idea on how much the tickets are, but you buy them at the gate.

Randyn
06-22-2005, 12:44 PM
20 buck a head is not a big deal
Remember, all that went into this thing...

First get the cars. Some required truck transport to get them to calgary.

Second think about the display material - signs, roping, the big turn table the enzo sat on

third - staffing. People have to get payed to watch people and tell them to keep their grubby hands of the cars. These individuals have to be responsible alert and competent - Carnival operators and Fast food workers need not apply

Fourth - You probably did not see it, but their is a videographer there. He has his costs too.

Fifth - Police charges

Sixth - Co Op probably wanted some parking lot rent for the volume that cam their ( sunday especially )

If you have ever planned a wedding or similar event you know that their are numerous little hidden cost that go into any event.
These things add up .

The whole point of this was for families - fathers especially- to come out and see exotics up close. Talk to owners, see some things you otherwise don't see daily.
If it wasn't for ZR - things like this would not have happened. Remember People in the rest of the world think ALberta is a bunch of cowboys with pickup trucks. ZR is showing that this is not true.

If the $20 hurt you, then sorry. You pay nearly that much to go see a crappy movie. You pay more than that much to Get plastered at your local watering hole. You've probably paid more than that for some crappy part to give you an extra 1.3 hp on you car.

So stop bitching. ZR actually lost money on the event. because of the weather and poor turn out.

It is attitudes like this are the reasons why sport compacters are never invited to exotic drives

benyl
06-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Randyn
20 buck a head is not a big deal

If the $20 hurt you, then sorry. You pay nearly that much to go see a crappy movie. You pay more than that much to Get plastered at your local watering hole. You've probably paid more than that for some crappy part to give you an extra 1.3 hp on you car.

So stop bitching. ZR actually lost money on the event. because of the weather and poor turn out.

It is attitudes like this are the reasons why sport compacters are never invited to exotic drives

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

88CRX
06-22-2005, 01:00 PM

riiight.... its actually cause we cant keep up :rofl:

also if $20 breaks you :thumbsdow

MenteL
06-22-2005, 06:56 PM
20 bucks would not have broken me. I just didn't feel it was justified to charge so much for a handful of cars? If the world of wheels charged 20 bucks to get in, instead of 12, i can garuntee alot of people would be bitching. I don't get whats up with the majority of you beyond users, you're all crabby, bitchy and like to insult anything that moves. A good deterrent for sure. I think some of you need your heads out of your ass. See the light.

MenteL
06-22-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm also not a sport compacter. I enjoy my domestic automobiles more than the imports. Nice generalisation there. Not everybody likes to have their car sound like a jar of bumble bees.

Mefro
06-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Ummm....Domestic makes sport compact too:dunno:

MenteL
06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Mefro
Ummm....Domestic makes sport compact too:dunno: But It's not a sporty compact car? It's compact, but it's not sporty? :dunno:

When I think of sport compact, I think civic, prelude, rsx, etc. Not cavalier? Bleh, whatever. Those lamborghinis were tight.

Randyn
06-23-2005, 01:20 AM
well regardless of $20 or not

Heads up guys...keep an eye on the Eau Claire sheraton thurs and friday.

Remember the last time I gave you guys a heads up...(Enzo inBanff )

See you guys there. Come say Hi

I am thirty, brown guy and drive a red testarossa.

Godfuader
06-23-2005, 02:37 AM

I am thirty, brown guy and drive a red testarossa.

...and i'll be the brown guy drooling over the testarossa (original, most beautiful ferrari ever :thumbsup: )

so, is there a meet on thurs and friday? I heard about a show and shine 7-9 friday at eau claire? is there an open track day for ferrari on friday afternoon?

benyl
06-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Better look in the mirror buddy.

I don't get whats up with the majority of you beyond users, you're all crabby, bitchy and like to insult anything that moves. A good deterrent for sure. I think some of you need your heads out of your ass. See the light.

Nice generalisation there. Not everybody likes to have their car sound like a jar of bumble bees.

Seems you need to heed your own advice.

MenteL
06-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Better look in the mirror buddy.

Seems you need to heed your own advice. Benyl, what is it with you on everyones ass everytime you post something.

Does this website have an ignore feature? Every single post b enyl makes is a negative one and it's getting tiredly old really fast.

Fuji
06-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Benyl, what is it with you on everyones ass everytime you post something.

Does this website have an ignore feature? Every single post b enyl makes is a negative one and it's getting tiredly old really fast.

Actually by the sound of this entire thread you are the one who is tiring and getting old really fast.

benyl
06-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Me negative? Again look in the mirror. I am not the one who started a thread called 'FUCK ZR auto'. I am also not the one who wished for a Tornado to happen. People die in Tornadoes... and I am the negative one... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

/////AMG
06-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Close the thread already.

Mental is mental and a douche bag. Close!!

benyl
06-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
Close the thread already.

Mental is mental and a douche bag. Close!!

Haha, he can put me on his ignore list, but he is still a douche bag... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:closed: