PDA

View Full Version : burning this damn AVI file

b_t
06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
alright, I'm trying to burn a AVI file here. the problem being, it defeats every player I throw it at. the only one that works is VLC, DivX player gives an error and Windows Media just shows one picture and does not actually play.
Plus it has subtitles, just to piss everyone off that much more.

here's the information VLC has about it:
Duration: 1:11:09

Steam 0
Codec: DX50
Language:
Type: Video
Resolution: 560x240 (widescreen but NOT letterboxed)

Steam 1
Codec: a52
Language:
Type: Audio
Channels: 6 (I think this is what is screwing everything up, its 5.1)
Sample rate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 448 kb/s

Steam 2
Codec: subt
Language:
Type: Subtitle

Meta-information
Setting: HAS_INDEX_IS_INTERLEAVED

I really want to burn this. Nero said I didn't have the 5.1 decoder plug-in or something.. and the other program I dl'd apparently does not support 5.1 audio.

theken
06-21-2005, 07:49 PM
you need to convert the avi file to an iso, get vsodivxtodvd search for it, it takes a couple hours i it is a movie or whaever but makes the vso files then you use dvdshrink to backup the vso files then u burn the iso

b_t
06-21-2005, 08:12 PM
takes a couple hours? ughh
how is it that my nero has the DVD-video plug in but no option to burn a video DVD?

theken
06-21-2005, 08:18 PM
i dont know i just know avi files wont be able to play on a standard dvd player i belive they will play on an xbox modded but thats about it, but i still dont know how to burn it staright up

theken
06-21-2005, 08:19 PM
you have to convert it to an readable file and burn it

Khyron
06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
AVI is a generic container file - the DX50 codec is the important bit:

From a movie site:

dx50 is fourcc code for the DivX5.xx codec - you can download the Standard (free) DivX 5.1 codec from here:

http://www.divx.com/divx/

If you had trouble installing it I would suggest that you go to control panel - add and remove programs - and see if it lists an installation for the DivX Codec - if so I would first remove it and then try a reinstallation.

If it's not listed in add/remove programs then (only if you have had problems with a new installation) in controll panel go to 'system' then click on the hardware tab then click on device manager -- scroll down to sound, video and game controllers and click on the plus then right click on video codecs and click on properties then click on the properties tab of the box that opens and see if you have DivX.dll listed as one of the video codecs - if so then I would highlight it and click on remove --- Once that has been done then you should be able to reinstall the codec from the dl obtained from the site above.

Khyron