PDA

View Full Version : Help with remote

thw_goalie
06-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I just bought a car, and it came with two remotes. One remote is the one that came with the car, and the other one is one the guy bought later.

The one that came with the car has lock/unlock and the trunk button. The one that the guy bought after has lock/unlock, remote start, and the trunk button.

On the new one the guy bought, everything works except the trunk button. I have to either use the old remote for the trunk, or open the car and pull the lever.

Does anyone know how I could get the trunk button to work on the new remote? I'm not sure what kind of remote it is because it doesn't say anything on it, but it does have a blue flashing LED at the top that turns on whenever I press a button.

Thanks!

Strugari
06-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Take a picture of the remote and I will see what I can do for you.
Also, I need the Year, Make, and model of your car.
Try holding the trunk button down for 2 full seconds, most aftermarket trunk releases work that way.

PM me your email address as well:thumbsup:

thw_goalie
06-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Here's the remote...

http://www3.telus.net/public/hewtonj/Thomas/front.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/public/hewtonj/Thomas/back.jpg

The car is a 1997 Acura 1.6 EL Premium.

When I press the trunk button, the front and rear lights on the car come on, but nothing happens. I guess that button hasn't been set to open the trunk?

I'll PM you my email address. :)

Thanks!

Harryc8786
06-27-2005, 07:00 AM
They may have forgotten to wire a relay for the trunk. Its a possibility.

thw_goalie
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Harryc8786
They may have forgotten to wire a relay for the trunk. Its a possibility.
I'm pretty sure that's what they did. I got a battery for the factory remote today, and it doesn't work anything anymore, so we figure they wired everything except the trunk for the new remote. Thanks to the help of Gary. :)

Anyone know where I can get a #775 relay?