PDA

View Full Version : Offspring: Greatest Hits

hockeybronx
06-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Did anybody pick up the new Offspring Greatest Hits cd? I grabbed one today from Best Buy.

I didn't know this but Best Buy sells all new releases on the day they come out for $9.99:eek: Super good deal I'd say.

I like the cd, pretty good selection of their best work, this might mean they are done producing though... you never know. Their new track "Can't Repeat" is pretty good as well!

Definitely worth the $9.99:thumbsup:

Despair*
06-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Looks like a pretty good tracklist. Some awesome songs are missing IMO but its still looks pretty good. Its too bad they didn't make a double disc with some of the other songs they left out.

1. Can't Repeat
2. Come Out And Play
3. Self Esteem
4. Gotta Get Away
5. All I Want
6. Gone Away
7. Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
8. Why Don't You Get A Job?
9. The Kids Aren't Alright
10. Original Prankster
11. Want You Bad
12. Defy You
13. Hit That
14. (Can't Get My) Head Around You

hockeybronx
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Despair*
Looks like a pretty good tracklist. Some awesome songs are missing IMO but its still looks pretty good. Its too bad they didn't make a double disc with some of the other songs they left out.

1. Can't Repeat
2. Come Out And Play
3. Self Esteem
4. Gotta Get Away
5. All I Want
6. Gone Away
7. Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
8. Why Don't You Get A Job?
9. The Kids Aren't Alright
10. Original Prankster
11. Want You Bad
12. Defy You
13. Hit That
14. (Can't Get My) Head Around You

Yeah true that, I would have liked to see a few other songs on there such as Smash, Race Against Myself, Spare Me The Details, and Dammit I Changed Again, but hey you can't please everyone right?:dunno:

Benny
06-22-2005, 02:52 AM
It's a pretty good CD. They managed to get most of the good songs on. Some should probably have been added, but that's the way it always is with Greatest Hits albums.

civic_stylez
06-22-2005, 08:50 AM
i found alot of the offsprings best songs were never their greatest hits. nitro,genocide,so alone just to name a few.... but that new cant repeat song is sweet!:thumbsup:

3g4me
06-22-2005, 09:39 AM
offspring shoulda quit after smash.

Despair*
06-22-2005, 12:36 PM
^ I agree that smash was their best album, but I liked alot of their songs on Ixnay also. For me their music went downhill after that and they just didn't sound the same. Still made some good songs after but not as many and they had before.

Phy
06-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Y'notice how Can't Repeat is all about not going back to the past, but that's exactly what the song does?

2002civic
06-22-2005, 01:00 PM
hmm looks like a good mix of songs

Seanith
06-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
i found alot of the offsprings best songs were never their greatest hits. nitro,genocide,so alone just to name a few.... but that new cant repeat song is sweet!:thumbsup:

:werd:

Its very sad to see that tracklist. Pretty much every song is just the radio friendly "hits" that made them popular. This cd doesn't cater to the offspring fan, just those people that never bothered to buy their cds before and now they have a chance to have all their "hits" in one place. 15 songs is also lame. They could have easily grabbed 3 of their best songs from each cd and made it a 25 song compilation not this 15 song :bullshit:

nambis
06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
offspring shoulda quit after smash.

actually, the offspring should have never started :guns:

Davetronz
06-22-2005, 03:53 PM
They could have easily had a 2-CD greatest hits CD....