PDA

View Full Version : nice guy

v2kai
06-22-2005, 04:19 AM
out for a cruise tonight, just me n' couple of close friends here there and everywhere in calgary enjoying the nice warm night. mid cruise we parked in a small lot downtown and a police officer rolled up in his explorer...we were all preparing for the kinda usual stuff...but this guy was really cool. we've had cops who've gone off the deepend and dinged us as much as they could, and even slandered our vehicles...:confused:

but yea, this guy was really nice and actually we all had a cool convo with him about how he used to be a real gearhead and even touched on his current project, and his kids' project cars and talked for a good 20 mins asking about our cars and talking about his past works. he just wanted to see what was up and politely just kinda reminded us not to go wrapping ourselves around any lamp posts and trees and such and keep out of troublein a genuinely concerned way....was really nice to run into a nicer officer. that gets through i think a lot better than the usual ' here's your a$$ rape in tickets, have a nice night friggin punk kids'

i mean i know not all cops are like him and not all are assholes and many have due reason to be hard on youth in modded cars

but i just wanted to post on this officer in particular, he really was a chillin guy...and kinda neat hearing about a cop who had the same passion as the rest of us and could level with the hobby and love of the road :thumbsup: made the cruise that much better...along with that turbo-ed SR20 240sx (i think;) i need to brush up on my nissans) that went by...could listen to that BOV all night long:D :drool:

duffspec
06-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Next time get his name/badge # and give some positive feed back to his superiors. I think if the officer take the time to make sure your "cool" he should be recognized for sharing a general respect/concern for the public without being a egotistical maniac. :thumbsup:

BokCh0y
06-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by duffspec
Next time get his name/badge # and give some positive feed back to his superiors. I think if the officer take the time to make sure your "cool" he should be recognized for sharing a general respect/concern for the public without being a egotistical maniac. :thumbsup:

:werd:

it's always nice to see\hear about a genuinely concerned cop that understands the younger crowd and isn't out to bust chops.

civic_stylez
06-22-2005, 08:42 AM
i think people (particularly car enthusiasts) are more likely to listen and laern when a police officer treats them with respect.. just like v2kai said once they saw him rolling in, they were expecting a hard time but it was a nice change to meet a nice officer. im more likely to ask questions and learn about legal vehicle modification when a cop talks to me like im a human not a criminal. hpoefully more police officers will realize that "most" of us are just out cruising and having fun and that we are not racing and being pro star race guy...

viffer
06-22-2005, 09:24 AM
slan·der
n.
Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

Unless your car has feelings, I don't think it can be slandered.
:)

djstefan
06-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Officers like that are awesome. Too bad they're not all like that. :(

schurchill39
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by viffer
slan·der
n.

Buddy dont be an asshole you know what he ment.
I agree with v2kai though that when you see a cop rollin up you immediatly think hes gunna try to give you shit for something but its really nice when they speek to you like a human not jsut come punk ass kid.

2002civic
06-22-2005, 04:44 PM
great story glad theres some good experiences on this board, not just the i got a ticket for going 25 over the speed LIMIT:banghead:

v2kai
06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by viffer
slan·der
n.

lol my car has feelings....it was late, i couldnt come up with the right term :D u get the idea, i didnt want t get into the exact comments that had been thrown the way of my friends and i before:thumbsdow