PDA

View Full Version : Starter kill

12V
01-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Made a starter kill today on a guys car where he has to have his faceplate on his deck with the deck on and the E-brake up, for the car to start.

anyone else have any interesting install stories?

95acc
01-20-2003, 08:51 PM
auto or manual trans. ?

12V
01-20-2003, 08:55 PM
auto

CanadaCivicSIR
01-20-2003, 09:22 PM
No, nothing like that

Although very easy to do, using the remote lead on and the ebrake light.

My old truck everything was hooked up to latching relays, so you could play the stereo, turn on the neon, and operate the roll bar lights with the remote for my alarm.

12V
01-20-2003, 09:46 PM
cool, I worked with a guy that used a single zone radar and a pulse timer to turn on the neon on a custom audio install, with the trunk open, it would turn on anytime someone came close to look at it,
...same guy used a hidden magnet switch to turn on the bubbles in the "bubblewall" over the amps, he put the switch side under the fiberglass so all you do is throw any magnet over a certain spot in the fiberglass and the lights and bubbles turn on.

Ajay
01-20-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 12V
cool, I worked with a guy that used a single zone radar and a pulse timer to turn on the neon on a custom audio install, with the trunk open, it would turn on anytime someone came close to look at it,

I'm gonna copy that idea!

12V
01-20-2003, 10:05 PM
another cool trick is if you crack open a scanner and extend all the LEDs from the scanner with data cable, then drill holes a couple inches apart on the molding that holds up the roof liner, on the inside of the back window, push the LEDs through from the back side so all you see is the bulbs, then hook it into the break light, so it functions as a breaklight scanner.
..looks awesome at night.